Hawkeyes/Huskers

1st off let me say welcome to the Huskers. As a lifelong Hawkeye I have wanted to see this football game yearly-I believe it can turn in to an amazing rivaly. Growing up in the 80's and 90's it was easy to hate the Huskers. Never liked the football team (nobody likes the team that wins all the time right?) but always admired Coach Osborne. A quality man who is all class. The other thing I always was amazed by was watching Nebraska on TV--the stadium and every single person there in red or white for EVERY game. Looked like a football atmosphere like no other.

So-to my point. What can I expect to pay for a ticket to this game in Nebraska? I don't even want to guess. I always said I wanted to see at least one game in Memorial Stadium before I died and now it looks like I have a great reason to do it (NO I never considered going to watch Iowa State-NU). Can't wait to tailgate at Memorial and watch this great series unfold. Welcome again and GO HAWKS

1st off let me say welcome to the Huskers. As a lifelong Hawkeye I have wanted to see this football game yearly-I believe it can turn in to an amazing rivaly. Growing up in the 80's and 90's it was easy to hate the Huskers. Never liked the football team (nobody likes the team that wins all the time right?) but always admired Coach Osborne. A quality man who is all class. The other thing I always was amazed by was watching Nebraska on TV--the stadium and every single person there in red or white for EVERY game. Looked like a football atmosphere like no other.

So-to my point. What can I expect to pay for a ticket to this game in Nebraska? I don't even want to guess. I always said I wanted to see at least one game in Memorial Stadium before I died and now it looks like I have a great reason to do it (NO I never considered going to watch Iowa State-NU). Can't wait to tailgate at Memorial and watch this great series unfold. Welcome again and GO HAWKS

Scalping actually ISN'T illegal in Nebraska, but to answer your question, psylentbob, if you go outside the stadium on gameday you can always find people selling tickets for face-value. For big games you might have to wait until close to kick-off or right after, but prices will drop really fast if you are willing to play the waiting game.

P.S. - Good to have you here :)

Remember that time you guys beat the Gamecocks in the Outback Bowl???

Yeah...thanks for that. :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs

Scalping actually ISN'T illegal in Nebraska, but to answer your question, psylentbob, if you go outside the stadium on gameday you can always find people selling tickets for face-value. For big games you might have to wait until close to kick-off or right after, but prices will drop really fast if you are willing to play the waiting game.

P.S. - Good to have you here :)

didn't know that...thanks for the info...just trying to cover my own end just in case...guess i have never been in need of a ticket when i make the trek to the game that i wait to long before the kickoff to get my tickets...got the good fortune of being born into a family where my grandparents have season tickets in north stadium...first game ever was akron of 97 with the mac third and fourth effort run...i am rambling but oh well :corndance

Thanks for the info. Really looking forward to this being a yearly series. I thought when they did the home and home around 2000 (Kirk's 1st 2 years) they would look into making this game happen more often. He's built us quite a program and it seems Pelini has Nebraska back on the way up so hopefully the new Big Ten makes this a yearly game.

Thanks for the info. Really looking forward to this being a yearly series. I thought when they did the home and home around 2000 (Kirk's 1st 2 years) they would look into making this game happen more often. He's built us quite a program and it seems Pelini has Nebraska back on the way up so hopefully the new Big Ten makes this a yearly game.

I think we're all in agreement on that one. We haven't had a true rival since the Big 8, but I really think this could be the next one.

if you go outside the stadium on gameday you can always find people selling tickets for face-value. For big games you might have to wait until close to kick-off or right after, but prices will drop really fast if you are willing to play the waiting game.

Last year I paid $12 for two north end zone tickets a few minutes after kickoff for the ISU game. It proved to be $12 too much for that game but you're right about the waiting game with scalpers. If you buy tickets on the internet beforehand you're going to pay face value, $55 and up depending on the game, plus some.

I would think it would be completely silly to have us in separate divisions. So every year it is. I am kinda lookin forward to it. I have family in Dyersville, and they are a blast. Sadly, most are ND fans. Don't yell at me. I'm Catholic too and personally I don't care for them at all. So here's to an Iowa rivalry... :cheers

I would think it would be completely silly to have us in separate divisions. So every year it is. I am kinda lookin forward to it. I have family in Dyersville, and they are a blast. Sadly, most are ND fans. Don't yell at me. I'm Catholic to and personally I don't care for them at all. So here's to an Iowa rivalry... :cheers

They better be in the same division. Im looking forward to making the trip to Iowa City everyother year for the game.

I would think it would be completely silly to have us in separate divisions. So every year it is. I am kinda lookin forward to it. I have family in Dyersville, and they are a blast. Sadly, most are ND fans. Don't yell at me. I'm Catholic to and personally I don't care for them at all. So here's to an Iowa rivalry... :cheers

They better be in the same division. Im looking forward to making the trip to Iowa City everyother year for the game.

And when they come play in Lincoln youll get to experience how "passionate" Iowa fans really are.

http://www.bittenandbound.com/2008/11/27/lois-feldman-fired-after-metrodome-sex-arrest-photos/