Colorado Rivalry? Can We Finally Put It To Bed

Too bad there won't be one last game in Boulder, I wanted to go out with a bang. Endless stories of piss bombs, grandmothers getting beer poured over them, overturned burning vehicles with Nebraska tags and so forth, if you have to go out, go out with style!!!! lol

On a serious note though I wonder how many Husker fans will actually be just a little sad when they see Ralphie run for the last time come this Thanksgiving?

Count me in. I actually hope we cheer when our former Big8 bretheren enter the field this last year regardless of any true, or perceived, past acrimony.

I am with you, if this is it, then really what difference does it make, if UT was playing in Boulder and not joining the Pac 10 then I would want to see Bevo, same for OU and the Schooner, I want to go just to say I went to see CU/NU in Lincoln, but that's just me...

Let me know if you can make it this year BB. I gaurantee that T_O_B and the Captain's Crew will be there to help show you a good time. You bring the shrimp and I'll bring the Baby Back Ribs. The TG may be so good we forget the game.

T_O_Bm

:cheers:wasted:cheers:cheers:wasted:cheers:cheers:wasted:cheers

If I can swing it I will hollar at you...

I am baffled by that too that Colorado won't join the Pac-10 til 2012. According to Texas once we leave the Big 12 won't exist anymore. Since this is our last year in the Big 12 I wonder what Colorado will do for a year?

If/when Texas absorbs the Pac 10, they might go on an accelerated time schedule too.

I don't know might be too tempting for Colorado. Here is a conversation that i imagine happening:

Hawkins: We could win the Big 12 in 2011

Colorado AD: but we will be the only ones in the conference

Hawkins: EXACTLY. BCS bowl here we come.

Colorado WHO? :laughpound

They always considered themselves our rival (laughable in my opinion), wonder who will have to put up with them now? I wonder how other PAC 10 teams, and the Texas teams are going to like their flippin' student section and drunken behavior at their games? Amazes me how CU was the first one brought in...but I have to wonder if that wasn't because all the liberals out at Stanford and schools like them wanted to add the liberal philosophy that CU brings to the table?

Good riddance. What a wonderful marriage!!

:LOLtartar

They always considered themselves our rival (laughable in my opinion), wonder who will have to put up with them now? I wonder how other PAC 10 teams, and the Texas teams are going to like their flippin' student section and drunken behavior at their games? Amazes me how CU was the first one brought in...but I have to wonder if that wasn't because all the liberals out at Stanford and schools like them wanted to add the liberal philosophy that CU brings to the table?

Laughable as in all the threads on this site of trying to figure out how to create a rivalry with Big 10 teams? Another question, how many games do you attend annually in Boulder?

Laughable as in all the threads on this site of trying to figure out how to create a rivalry with Big 10 teams? Another question, how many games do you attend annually in Boulder?

the difference is that those teams (especially Iowa) want a rivalry with us, so it would be mutual. reciprocity is what always was missing for the cu/NU 'rivalry.'

plus, aren't the colorado boards blowing up? you seem to be here just to criticize our potential new rivalries because we never respected CU enough to consider them a rival.

the difference is that those teams (especially Iowa) want a rivalry with us, so it would be mutual. reciprocity is what always was missing for the cu/NU 'rivalry.'

plus, aren't the colorado boards blowing up? you seem to be here just to criticize our potential new rivalries because we never respected CU enough to consider them a rival.

Not at all, I think the Big 10 is a great fit for Nebraska just as I think the Pac 10 is a great fit for us. I am only commenting with respect to rivalries per all the definitions that have been given to me over the past few years on this site and how the discussion of future Big 10 rivalries contradicts some of the discussions I have had over here. Whether or not some people consider CU/NU a rivalry game or not is pretty irrelevant, especially now more than ever. I have never subscribed to this notion of respect to define a rivalry anyhow, Oklahoma may respect Nebraska but they don't consider Nebraska their true rival, they consider Texas their true rival and they hate them and do not respect them at all and vice versa. Like I said though it is really irrelevant now anyhow and I wish you all good luck in the Big 10. It was a masterfull stroke for Dr. Tom to knock off Mizzou and take their spot, kudos...

Not at all, I think the Big 10 is a great fit for Nebraska just as I think the Pac 10 is a great fit for us. I am only commenting with respect to rivalries per all the definitions that have been given to me over the past few years on this site and how the discussion of future Big 10 rivalries contradicts some of the discussions I have had over here. Whether or not some people consider CU/NU a rivalry game or not is pretty irrelevant, especially now more than ever. I have never subscribed to this notion of respect to define a rivalry anyhow, Oklahoma may respect Nebraska but they don't consider Nebraska their true rival, they consider Texas their true rival and they hate them and do not respect them at all and vice versa. Like I said though it is really irrelevant now anyhow and I wish you all good luck in the Big 10. It was a masterfull stroke for Dr. Tom to knock off Mizzou and take their spot, kudos...

i do agree that most of the rivalry talk is ridiculous, except for with iowa. i think the rivalry with iowa will become legit. personally i did think of CU as a bit of a rivalry because they played us hard and they were usually good games. i also think colorado is a good fit for the pac 10. a lot of people here have extremely strict definitions of rivalries, but i think they can be a bit more broad, it is just a lot of semantics.

i do agree that most of the rivalry talk is ridiculous, except for with iowa. i think the rivalry with iowa will become legit. personally i did think of CU as a bit of a rivalry because they played us hard and they were usually good games. i also think colorado is a good fit for the pac 10. a lot of people here have extremely strict definitions of rivalries, but i think they can be a bit more broad, it is just a lot of semantics.

I cannot agree with you more....

It maakes me feel a whole lot better knowing that I wont have to make anymore trips to Boulder and watch all of those Hippies throw things around the stadium. I'm actually pumped for a new rivalry wether its PSU, Iowa, OSU.

Yeah, good thing we've never had any fans of a Big Ten team throw anything at Huskers! You know like batteries from Happy Valley or anything like that.... <_<

Just to jog anyone's memories:

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/s_154614.html

I would hope the treatment our fans received from a few Nit's on our last visit is not business as usual.

At least JoePa called them and apologized.

I'm not trying to talk smack to our new Blue/White clad friends or throw anyone under the bus here. Big Ten fans have been AWESOME to us so far but I'm just trying to put things in perspective.

A bed of roses can still going to have a few thorns in it.