So, when does the schedule change?

Sorry, I'm sure this has been talked about to death, but I'm just clueless when it comes to finding these things apparently. I've not seen anyone mention when the schedule actually changes. I'd assume we won't play the big 12 schedule next season, right?

So will there be a new schedule released when this all gets sorted out?

2012 is my guess after we play out our new big12 schedules. However a guy from Madison, Wisconsin was on the local Kearney ESPN radio Doug and Daddy show and he said up there he's been hearing 2011?

I was thinking thats a bit hopeful but no one really knows....if the big12 does dissolve completely then I would say, hey look at having a complete off season of rescheduling? how plausible is that?

Thanks guys..

So everyone will just play out at least next season as if nothing really happened? Big 12 championship game, bcs invites and bowl commitments all intact? weird..

Yep, pretty much. Bo will have us in "Business As Usual" mode though.

I read somewhere that the deadline for Boise to join the MWC in 2011 would be July 1.

They have to join by that date to be considered for BCS games in 2011. They can still join after, but won't be BCS eligible for 2011 if they have to wait.

I'm almost positive that's the way I read it. (beginning interweb search now)

Is the timing of the decision important?

Yes. Boise State must notify the WAC by July 1 to join the Mountain West in 2011-12. The Broncos need to move next year for the Mountain West to count their accomplishments toward BCS eligibility for the 2012 and 2013 football seasons.

The WAC provided the July 1 deadline Friday. Previously, league officials and the WAC website listed the deadline as Sept. 1.

Link to rest of article

I would think it depends on if the conference dissolves. If CU and NU leave and wish to give their notice, I would say 1-2 yrs, but my thought would be that if the votes are available to dissolve the conference with this Pac 10 thing, it would be as soon as possible.

If the whole Big 12 falls apart in the next week or so, I think this season (2010) is it!!! We would probably all start our new conferences in 2011. Could be wrong, but if everyone bolts, what is the need to keep it going two more years and like another poster said, that would be weird.

NEBRASKANHEAT; That shirt is so stressed that the numbers are crackin'..... :ahhhhhhhh

Iknow, I need to change that sig.. I go to post something and get stuck looking at it, snap out of it an hour later when the wife smacks the back of my head and I've forgotten what I intended to say in the first place..

Yet I can't bring myself to delete it either.. :bang