Apparently it IS our fault for breaking up the band

Can't see it, just the main page. What do they have?

It's a poll on the KU message board about who handled their departure with more class, CU or NU. Not a single person has voted for NU so far.

:laughpound

That's BS. Perlman and Osborne were the epitome of class in this whole process. That's simply sour grapes, nothing more.

I'll take the slings and arrows from Kansas in exchange for the welcome mat being laid down by the Big 10. The warm welcome by these fans has wildly exceeded my hopes. They've been great, and frankly, I won't lose any sleep over Scout posters loyal to Kansas.

Can't see it, just the main page. What do they have?

It's a poll on the KU message board about who handled their departure with more class, CU or NU. Not a single person has voted for NU so far.

:laughpound

That's BS. Perlman and Osborne were the epitome of class in this whole process. That's simply sour grapes, nothing more.

I'll take the slings and arrows from Kansas in exchange for the welcome mat being laid down by the Big 10. The warm welcome by these fans has wildly exceeded my hopes. They've been great, and frankly, I won't lose any sleep over Scout posters loyal to Kansas.

I don't blame you guys for jumping. Anyone in your position would have done it. I think the resentment is coming because Pearlman aired a lot more conference dirty laundry in the press conference than CU did. I don't think any of this is NU's fault, but I think its hard to be the second team to jump chip and then try to blame it on several other people when you do it. It's like when you quit a job. Sometimes you want to say something bad about your old job on the way out, but you are always better off taking the high road.

Ok, here is the thing.

We have been slated as the first domino to fall, thus being completely at fault for what is about to happen. However, dominoes just don't fall. Somebody has to push them. Texas and Beebe flicked the finger, and we knew what we had to do. It's simple as that. Nothing more to say.

• Fire 1

I don't blame you guys for jumping. Anyone in your position would have done it. I think the resentment is coming because Pearlman aired a lot more conference dirty laundry in the press conference than CU did. I don't think any of this is NU's fault, but I think its hard to be the second team to jump chip and then try to blame it on several other people when you do it. It's like when you quit a job. Sometimes you want to say something bad about your old job on the way out, but you are always better off taking the high road.

I get what you're saying, but there has been a concerted effort from Texas media outlets to paint this as "Nebraska's fault" over the last ten days. Throughout that time Nebraska has remained silent, allowing the barbs from Texas and their mouthpieces to be fired over and over.

There's a time to remain silent and there's a time to set the record straight. All we did through this whole process was say and do exactly the correct, the proper thing. When the time came to set the record straight, we did. If Kansas Fan wants to take that as Nebraska not being classy, let them. I have zero concern for their opinion if they're going to be so uninformed.

I get what you're saying, but there has been a concerted effort from Texas media outlets to paint this as "Nebraska's fault" over the last ten days. Throughout that time Nebraska has remained silent, allowing the barbs from Texas and their mouthpieces to be fired over and over.

There's a time to remain silent and there's a time to set the record straight. All we did through this whole process was say and do exactly the correct, the proper thing. When the time came to set the record straight, we did. If Kansas Fan wants to take that as Nebraska not being classy, let them. I have zero concern for their opinion if they're going to be so uninformed.

I get what you are saying too, and I agree that this is ultimately the fault of Texas. I think what bothered me the most was Pearlman's comments about MU. I thought it was a little below the belt to a university that is clearly in limbo at this point. There has been a lot of media hype about MU to the Big 10, but short of the governor's statement, which didn't come from MU, there wasn't anything said directly from an MU official to cause all of this like Pearlman implied. Again, I really don't want this to sound like sour grapes because I don't blame you guys for going at all. Anyone with that offer would have done the same.

I get what you are saying too, and I agree that this is ultimately the fault of Texas. I think what bothered me the most was Pearlman's comments about MU. I thought it was a little below the belt to a university that is clearly in limbo at this point. There has been a lot of media hype about MU to the Big 10, but short of the governor's statement, which didn't come from MU, there wasn't anything said directly from an MU official to cause all of this like Pearlman implied. Again, I really don't want this to sound like sour grapes because I don't blame you guys for going at all. Anyone with that offer would have done the same.

My only dissent is that we only know what media reported. We have no idea what Missouri was saying behind close doors to other university presidents or to the B10 itself. Missouri officials could have been butting their heads to go, but we just never heard about it. Being Pearlman, he probably knows a hell of a lot more about the situation than any of us do.

Perlman and Osborne are straight shooters. They'll give you what information they can and feel is necessary, whether people like it or not. If people want to think they're lying, go right ahead. I doubt they really care much. People can choose to believe them, or believe they know more than them, haven't heard anything like what they said, so they must be lying. And there's not much reason to lie because, honestly, we're in the Big 10 and it doesn't make one bit of difference what anyone left behind in the Big XII thinks.

I WANT TO MAKE THIS LOUD AND CLEAR. NEBRASKA DIDNT BREAK UP CRAP. LAST TIME I CHECKED THERE IS STILL A CONFERENCE WITH 10 TEAMS. NEBRASKA AND COLORADO ARE THE ONLY 2 THAT HAVE LEFT. IF THEYRE SO DAMN UPSET ABOUT IT, THEN MOVE OSU TO THE NORTH AND KEEP YOUR DAMN CONFERENCE AND SHUT THE HELL UP ALREADY. D U N

yep...it just that easy

Great article.

http://www.sportingnews.com/college-football/article/2010-06-10/big-12-leadership-should-be-blamed-for-letting-tremendous-produc

Big 12 leadership should be blamed for letting tremendous product slip away

Matt Hayes

Thursday, Jun. 10, 2010 - 3:28 p.m. ET

Seven times in the 12-year BCS era, they've played for the national championship. Twice they've won it all.

Four Heisman Trophy winners, five Heisman runner-ups and 17 BCS bowl games for the Big 12 since college football moved to the BCS system following the 1998 regular season. And now this: from supernova bright to a black hole of nothingness.

The Big 12—if reports of any more members defecting is true—has died. And the Pac-10 has arrived.

"It's kind of exciting," Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops said recently of the new Pac-10.

Actually, it's kind of unfathomable.

Still, to this very moment, the absurdity of it all is shocking. How in the world can one of the two strongest college football conferences in the nation absolutely and unequivocally capitulate in the face of adversity?

Want someone to blame for the Big 12's troubles? Look no further than commissioner Dan Beebe. How can the Pac-10, which before the emergence of USC this decade struggled to get games on television, suddenly be in the same ZIP code as the SEC and Big Ten?

Want someone to blame? Here's your man: Dan Beebe.

The Big 12 commissioner's rudderless leadership doomed the Big 12 from the moment the Big Ten announced last December that it was exploring expansion plans. Instead of being proactive and pursuing a mega-television deal and/or building a Big 12 Network , he sat back and watched the Pac-10—with a brand new commissioner and a conference reputation of USC and the nine dwarves—meticulously and quietly build a plan to take over the Big 12.

If that doesn't blow your mind, consider this: The Pac-10 will be no different than the Big 12. Only longer road trips.

New Pac-10 commissioner Larry Scott says his league will start a Pac-10 Network, and the hope is that each school could eventually make at least $20 million a year. The Big 12 could've done the same thing.

The Pac-10 likely will still use revenue sharing, where teams that play on television more often get more money. The same revenue sharing plan the Big 12 currently uses—and the same plan that's the source of so much strife between the league schools.

So why in the world, you ask, would the Big 12 fold when there is no groundbreaking change in the works with the Pac-10? Scott's brilliant move of hiring Creative Artists Agency to advise the league on expansion vs. Beebe's trust in Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany that he wouldn't take teams from the Big 12 before speaking with Beebe. Of course, Beebe still is waiting for that call.

"I continue to work through the process that was agreed upon last week by our Board of Directors to address membership issues," Beebe said in a statement Thursday after Colorado left for the Pac-10. "And (we) are working tirelessly towards the long-term viability of the Big 12."

Look, everyone, there's Captain Beebe, arranging chairs on the Titanic. If Beebe were in control of BP, he'd be standing on the tar-stained white sand beaches in the state of Florida, emphatically declaring "what oil?"

"Hurry, everyone! Chew as much gum as you can so we can plug that hole!"

Meanwhile, back in reality, the Pac-10's sheer audacity in thinking big and acting big landed it—it's going to happen; it's only a matter of time—the most coveted university this side of Notre Dame: Texas. Not only that, Texas brings five of its friends from the Big 12, including national heavyweight Oklahoma.

And the best part? They're happy to be leaving.

Can you imagine Florida coach Urban Meyer saying it's "exciting" to be leaving the SEC for the ACC. Or Ohio State coach Jim Tressel saying he's "excited" about leaving the Big Ten for the Big East?

Because that's what this is, everyone. Somehow, someway, Beebe has taken a league with elite teams and facilities, a league with rising football powers and universities hell-bent on staying the course in the stadium/facilities arms race, and turned it into the Sun Belt Conference.

Boone Pickens built his own athletic Disney World in Stillwater, Okla., for the love of God. Kansas and Kansas State played in BCS bowl games. The Big 12 had three of the biggest names in the history of the game (Oklahoma, Texas, Nebraska), and Beebe still found a way to blow it.

Shortly after CU announced it was the first school to leave tire marks on the back of the Big 12, Scott released a statement saying, "This is an historic moment for the conference, as the Pac-10 is poised for tremendous growth."

Meanwhile, Beebe is still chewing gum.

It's unfathomable.