big 10 strength

i was just wondering how strong the big 10 is compared to the big 12 . my thoughts are, the teams in the big 10 are stronger than in the big 12. could iowa state do very good in the big 10, or kansas or kansas state? the wins might be harder to get when nu gets there, but i suspect , thank god, that nu will be a better team in 2 years..i have seen some really good teams in michigan state, and you have ohio state, michigan and penn state,,,iowa has been very good, wisconsin is no give me....the wins will be harder to get in my opinion

Just because it's easy data to get at (http://www.tima.com/~jsagarin/sports/cfsend.htm), here's a side-by-side comparison of Sagarin ratings. It's not the end-all-be-all of determining the answer to the question, but it is all relative. OU had a really down year for them, otherwise it would show that the Big 12 was slightly harder to play in. (That, and the wheels unexpectedly falling off of KU).

W L SCHEDL(RANK) W L SCHEDL(RANK)

6 Ohio State 1 2 72.05( 50) 3 Texas 3 1 73.09( 38)

9 Iowa 1 2 72.64( 41) 14 Nebraska 0 4 71.83( 52)

10 Penn State 1 2 69.21( 73) 17 Oklahoma 8 5 74.59( 22)

23 Wisconsin 0 3 70.18( 64) 25 Texas Tech 9 4 70.25( 62)

55 Michigan State 6 7 72.37( 47) 40 Oklahoma State 9 4 72.25( 49)

61 Northwestern 8 5 68.34( 80) 54 Missouri 8 5 71.09( 58)

64 Minnesota 6 7 74.00( 26) 58 Texas A&M 6 7 72.48( 45)

75 Purdue 5 7 71.11( 57) 62 Kansas 5 7 71.74( 53)

81 Michigan 5 7 69.24( 72) 66 Iowa State 7 6 69.32( 71)

94 Illinois 3 9 72.30( 48) 68 Kansas State 6 6 69.73( 66)

98 Indiana 4 8 70.21( 63) 80 Baylor 4 8 75.06( 18)

91 Colorado 3 9 72.56( 42)

EDIT: Someone know how to get things to line up so that's readable?

Football is a cycling sport, runs in cycles. Even the SOS is determined by how good your opponents happen to be doing that year. What may have looked like a strong SOS can go to hell real fast if everyone you play starts losing to nobodies. I don't worry too much about that. Some think that the SEC is so strong, but bring in a couple recruiting classes that go bust on several teams, all of a sudden they don't look so good compared to a conference that looked a little weak recruiting, but then they have some walk ons come on strong and make a statement, and everything is different. The NCAA wanted parity....and they are pretty close to achieving it.

Tried to run it through with HTML code but it doesn't appear to work. Should ask the Mods to look into implementing a Tabling tool in the post formatter.

Thanks - I appreciate you trying. :)

Available code shortcuts on the board are here.

Unfortunately the code, html, php, xml, and sql functions don't do anything but outline the said text and coding. Probably for the best because we don't want people maliciously placing scripts into posts that lead to malware and whatnot.

But we do need tables. And anchors. Pretty please mods?

Tried to run it through with HTML code but it doesn't appear to work. Should ask the Mods to look into implementing a Tabling tool in the post formatter.

Unfortunately the code, html, php, xml, and sql functions don't do anything but outline the said text and coding. Probably for the best because we don't want people maliciously placing scripts into posts that lead to malware and whatnot.

Not an mod, but maybe this will help

unbranded-piran-dining-table-beech.jpg and anchor.jpg

Not an mod, but maybe this will help

unbranded-piran-dining-table-beech.jpg and anchor.jpg

:facepalm:

Oh man :rollin

I guess the fact that I find that so funny shows what a nerd I am.