Strange Info

jayhawk

This is just what I am reading (i been reading a lot of twitter of late), so take it for what it is worth. The AggieYell AM rivals site has reported A&M to SEC. This confirms Chip Brown from Orangebloods.com (also rivals). All that assumes no Texas FORMAL politcal interference. The Red Raiders Rivals guy is now reported that after flying to all 5 schools this weekend (with rumored 4 accepts and A&M reject), the Pac 10 Jet is headed from Austin for KC right now... I wonder if the Pac 10 thing is about to play out (or if it tries to, and we try and stay tied to the kitties, and then we lose it to Utah)...

I hate to lose our rivals. I hope the Big 12 (10) sticks around. But if 5 teams are going west and what is left is the unknown and it may involve us having to abandon the same crew to avoid MWC/COnf USA banishment by going somewhere on our own later, then I guesss I take the Pac 10. I am happy if we don't get screwed, but I wish this didn't all happen.

Just saw this link had poster after I posted... So here is an addition

http://www.kansas.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=490&tid=144033201&mid=144033201&sid=897&style=2 (paid site)

Here is the flight plan...

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N228PK/history/20100614/0110Z/KAUS/KMCI

can't see anything on the link since it apparently requires a rivals paid membership??

it does, it just confirms there is a flight plan and plane to KC by the same plane that just publicly visited the 5 south schools and that is about it... They do point out that it could divert to a smaller airport enroute... Like Lawrence or even Columbia (my addition, but ya never know)...

I added the public flight plan here http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N228PK/history/20100614/0110Z/KAUS/KMCI and to the post above...

Other than sucking to lose history and old relationships/ties, what do most Jayhawks feel is the best option, other than keeping the remainder of the B12 teams intact?

There is lots of debate. Big 10 won the poll I saw. That all said, Pac 10 came in a strong second and frankly with no BCS result currently on offer, our options being what they are, it is hard to imagine the Pac 10 not being a good option.... What most KU fans who are not desperate to stick it to our rivals (which IMO is immature and short sighted an unlikely to corelate with how aou decision makers think) would have liked is the North Minus CU added to the Big 10. If we had to lose people in doing that, it would be lose ISU, then KSU...

The problem is, given our situation, would you wait on a hope? Seems imprudent in this new every man for himself world... If they wanted us, they could invite us and MU right now... And then hold the two spots left for and east school and Notre Dame... But best I can tell, they have not... If no offer, then why would we wait. If they want us, offer. It is just the only rational position I can see us taking. I think the Wildcats are on their own, but I wish they could come with us...

The problem is, given our stuation, would you wait on a hope? Seems imprudent in this new every man for himself world... If they wanted us, they could invite us and MU right now... And then hold the two spots left for and east school and Notre Dame... But best I can tell, they have not... If no offer, then why would we wait. If they want us, offer. It is just the only rational position I can see us taking. I think the Wildcats are on their own, but I wish they could come with us...

I know we didn't :) so I don't blame you

I feel sorry for Turner Gill. He finally got a break to coach in a BCS Conference and a chance to coach against some of the top programs in the nation and that might be ruined if Kansas goes to the Mountain West, Conference USA, the Big East, or where ever they may end up going.

I attend a SEC member school(I'm originally from Big 10 country) and I have to say that most people around here are not too excited about a potential A & M move. That said I don't think public opinion counts for much; money is king and a chance to break into Texas is attractive so we'll see what happens.