Was the Pac-10 "bluff"

Ok, first of all, you have to believe that all the reports about 6 Big Xii teams going to the Pac-10 was a bluff. Most who believe that believe it was directed at Nebraska. But, if it was a bluff, in my opinion it was actually an attempt to get the Big 10 to say "no" to us (or not invite us to apply). Why would Nebraska care about the dismantlement of the Big XII if we are already gone? But, the Big 10 may not want to get into an "arms race" with the Pac-10.

Cudos to the Big 10 for sticking to their Guns.

I don't think it was a bluff, but when they started talking to the PAC 10 officials, they probably weren't getting what they wanted, which was to have control or a good bit of control like they did in the Big XII. The Pac 10 probably wasn't going to let them have their own TV deal, among other things. I think Texas basically found out that they don't have all the lead in their shorts that they thought they did, and decided to "save the Big XII, so that they could look like the good guy and the other teams would owe them that much more.

Eventually, Missouri, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, or all the above, is going to get fed up with Texas again. When that happens, look for them to leave, and that will be what brings the league down. There will be a mass exodus. Another thing that could bring this on is if the SEC and the PAC 10 start expanding - nobody is going to be in a position where they can't get into one of the envisioned 4 super conferences. I think if Oklahoma and Oklahoma don't leave now, they are making a huge mistake. Missouri, if they ever do get an invite to the Big Ten, should just keep their mouths shut and take it, instead of waving it around and trying to play hardball with the Big XII like some kind of think they may have been doing (without actually having an invite - DUH!).

I don't think it was a bluff, but when they started talking to the PAC 10 officials, they probably weren't getting what they wanted,

Except "they" might have been the Pac 10 refusing Texas. Big Ten possibly passing on Texas. Egos busted. Only option is SEC and no way do they fit there academically (UTerus too good) or athletically (UTerus not dominate enough)

Just a guess, but I imagine CU fans are hoping UT stays out of Pac. They are finally where they want to be and would be bummed to continue trips to Lubbock and Stillwater over Berkeley and LA. chuckleshuffle

I don't care if Texas comes, but not the rest of the south division or the rest of the north as well....