UCLA Football: Is Nebraska out and Alabama in?

haha...it appears we had the same thought about the relevancy of conference in this discussion. W/o being in the front office, I'd say we need to keep this scheduled as is b/c we're gonna have an awfully hard time finding another decent opponent of UCLA's caliber (take that as you will).

haha...it appears we had the same thought about the relevancy of conference in this discussion. W/o being in the front office, I'd say we need to keep this scheduled as is b/c we're gonna have an awfully hard time finding another decent opponent of UCLA's caliber (take that as you will).

it is also nice to get out to cali.

UCLA playing Nebraska in a home-and-home series, starting in 2012, seemed a good fit until last week. Now, it would be a Pac-10 (or Pac-Whatever) vs. Big Ten (will they still refuse to count and continue with the Big Ten brand name?) matchup.

Exactly what does Pac10 vs Big10 have to do with anything in this conversation? Sounds to me like the possibility of a Bama matchup is entirely separate. UCLA figures they'll get more national exposure playing an SEC school rather than a Big 10 school. That's the only relevance I can see with the quote above. Am I right?

I think they want to avoid a UCLA/NU matchup in the regular season and the Rose Bowl...although I think that UCLA doesn't have to worry about any Rose Bowl matchups :lol:

I think we need to keep the game.

UCLA will soon become the big dog in the conference, with SC suffering the recruiting hits.

New Weasel can recruit and has moved them forward already, he will only have more to choose from, A good ass kicking might send some of those LA kids our way.

I'm willing to bet UCLA's motives for playing Bama in 2012 are more monetary than competitive. The Bruins probably feel that a neutral site game against the Tide will bring in a lot more cash than hosting the Huskers in Pasadena. Not to mention the possibility of more recruiting exposure for Slick Rick and his boys being too good for them to pass up.

But the USCla wannabes are one of the only games I'll get to tailgate at, ya know. Skersfan runs a great tailgate out here :)

GBR

well as we all know i live far away from Huskerland and pretty much can't afford to fly to games 99 percent of the time.. however when nebraska rolls west i usually try to make it happen... which isnt all that often... so from my perspective seeing Nebraska play UCLA would be great for me as the last time i know for sure i'll get to see them is the UDUB game this coming season... i GUESS i could always fly to wyoming.. but not likely.... so i hope they keep the game.....

but i'm selfish

But the USCla wannabes are one of the only games I'll get to tailgate at, ya know. Skersfan runs a great tailgate out here :)

GBR

well as we all know i live far away from Huskerland and pretty much can't afford to fly to games 99 percent of the time.. however when nebraska rolls west i usually try to make it happen... which isnt all that often... so from my perspective seeing Nebraska play UCLA would be great for me as the last time i know for sure i'll get to see them is the UDUB game this coming season... i GUESS i could always fly to wyoming.. but not likely.... so i hope they keep the game.....

but i'm selfish