BYU and Air Force to the Big 12?

Nexus

BYU is a new market, Airforce is to "get" colorado (not that it does). TCU just cannibalizes. Frankly, Baylor is bad for that reason too, they bring nothing. Butthey are in, so they aint goin....

I not sayin I for it, although I like a BYU add. That is a national brand that attracts way beyond their Utah base. I woud not kick anyone out, but had only CU left and we added BYU, I would have been ok with that trade from a league value perspective. What sux is losing you guys....

I think you nailed. This is not about who the better teams are...but about media markets. Salt Lake and Denver/Springs. Air Force and BYU are not great, but are decent teams.

is there something wrong with csu?

Nothing is wrong with CSU. I don't have the stats to back this, but I believe Air Force has a larger following.

BYU is a new market, Airforce is to "get" colorado (not that it does). TCU just cannibalizes. Frankly, Baylor is bad for that reason too, they bring nothing. Butthey are in, so they aint goin....

I not sayin I for it, although I like a BYU add. That is a national brand that attracts way beyond their Utah base. I woud not kick anyone out, but had only CU left and we added BYU, I would have been ok with that trade from a league value perspective. What sux is losing you guys....

I think you nailed. This is not about who the better teams are...but about media markets. Salt Lake and Denver/Springs. Air Force and BYU are not great, but are decent teams.

Nothing is wrong with CSU. I don't have the stats to back this, but I believe Air Force has a larger following.

i was just wondering. whether it was academics or following or athletics or whatever.

i was just wondering. whether it was academics or following or athletics or whatever.

I just moved from Colorado after living there for 5 years. In my neck of the woods (Aurora/Denver), I mostly heard folks talking about Air Force. Occasionally a few passionate CSU fans....and many people seemed as though they hated everything that came out of Boulder, not just CU.

I just moved from Colorado after living there for 5 years. In my neck of the woods (Aurora/Denver), I mostly heard folks talking about Air Force. Occasionally a few passionate CSU fans....and many people seemed as though they hated everything that came out of Boulder, not just CU.

there has always been a soft spot in my heart for CSU, because my happiest memories as a football fan is seeing CU lose to their inferior in-state-rivals.

:ahhhhhhhh

Looks like Big12 will be back to 12. BYU and Air Force will be invited to replace NU and CU by Wed. Texas/Okla schools are all on board.

LINK

I don't think that any MWC teams are gonna leave since they are close to becoming an AQ for the BCS bowls. Plus when all the details come out how Texas tried to screw the Pac-10 teams will think twice about joining the Big 12.

..."and there is a lot of hippies in Boulder."