Texas keeps Big 12 together

I just saw the news - what exactly are they pissed about? They maintain superiority in an even weaker conference now and they probably get their own network? Why are they flipping sh#t?

Because they realize the only tough team they face in conference will be OU. If they go undefeated they may get overlooked cause the Big 12 isn't going to be as strong as the Big 10. Also it hurts them later on when they need to join a different conference because they will be wary of Texas trying to screw them over. Their image took a huge hit today.

I just saw the news - what exactly are they pissed about? They maintain superiority in an even weaker conference now and they probably get their own network? Why are they flipping sh#t?

Because they realize the only tough team they face in conference will be OU. If they go undefeated they may get overlooked cause the Big 12 isn't going to be as strong as the Big 10. Also it hurts them later on when they need to join a different conference because they will be wary of Texas trying to screw them over. Their image took a huge hit today.

I just have a hard time buying that. Any other team might struggle to get into a NC with that conference, but I'm willing to bet the biggest and richest athletic school in the nation can make it happen by pushing their way in. I do think it's funny they won't have the coverage we will now.

I just have a hard time buying that. Any other team might struggle to get into a NC with that conference, but I'm willing to bet the biggest and richest athletic school in the nation can make it happen by pushing their way in. I do think it's funny they won't have the coverage we will now.

well also consider Texas has been cupcaking all their OOC games. They would have to schedule good teams instead of having 3 warm up teams.

well also consider Texas has been cupcaking all their OOC games. They would have to schedule good teams instead of having 3 warm up teams.

True. They are all going apesh#t on that board and I love reading it.

What would happen if the Big Ten decided they want to expand further and offer Mizzou an invite. As much as I don't want Mizzou to get into the Big Ten, I think it would be very intriguing and could create another chain reaction in college football. And if it meant causing chaos in the Big 12 and other conferences continuing expansion and forced Notre Dame to finally join a conference I'd be all for it...

What do you guys think?

The funny thing is, they would never admit Nebraska is that important to the Big XII. They are posting things like "Can we even keep our automatic BCS bid?" and the whole world is coming to an end. Guess we are more important to them than I thought.

+1

That's all I was thinking while wading through all the filth of their F### & S%%% & F$$$ rants.

Texas fans = crybaby.jpg

True. They are all going apesh#t on that board and I love reading it.

yeah it makes me laugh.

What would happen if the Big Ten decided they want to expand further and offer Mizzou an invite. As much as I don't want Mizzou to get into the Big Ten, I think it would be very intriguing and could create another chain reaction in college football. And if it meant causing chaos in the Big 12 and other conferences continuing expansion and forced Notre Dame to finally join a conference I'd be all for it...

What do you guys think?

No way. The Big 10 is happy with 12 and they'll stay that way unless other conferences start expanding, which now is looking slim to none. ND will definitely not join the Big 10 now as they're not being forced to, and the Pac-10 narrowly avoided a Texas power move. SEC will want to maintain the status quo, which is their dominance. All is now safe and sound in the CFB world.

The funny thing is, they would never admit Nebraska is that important to the Big XII. They are posting things like "Can we even keep our automatic BCS bid?" and the whole world is coming to an end. Guess we are more important to them than I thought.

+1

That's all I was thinking while wading through all the filth of their F### & S%%% & F$$$ rants.

Texas fans = crybaby.jpg

weretexas1.jpg

I don't understand how revenue for the other 9 schools is going to double if UT has their own TV network or how Beebe put this new revenue deal together seemingly at the drop of a hat. How long will this will hold together given the amount of distrust between big 12 members and power being even more concentrated in Texas? I didn't pay much attention to big east / ACC realignment and never realized how much trust there has to be between members of a conference when there's tens of millions of dollars in revenue at stake and the risk that the whole conference could fall apart, leaving the smaller schools to fend for themselves.

One way or another I know the former north division schools are going to get screwed by UT even if this is great in the short term.

This might be a good short term solution, but long term it solves nothing. Of the ten schools remaining, 2 don't really want to be there. Missouri still would LOVE to be a Big Ten School and Texas A&M still wants to be an SEC school. You don't here schools wanting to bail out of the Big Ten or SEC. The uneven revenue is going to hurt them. Not only is it unfair, but you're much better off if the entire conference is cometitive than just having one school that dominates everything. Yeah in the Big Ten, OSU, UofM, and PSU tend to dominate, but my school UofM sucks right now and most of the others have had their chance in the sun,cause the equal revenue sharing gives less successful programs a chance. With this arrangement Texas has, except for Oklahoma, very few of the others schools will ever have a chance. That Texas network isn't going to become a success overnight. It took the Big Ten a couple years to negotaite with the cable companies and took a couple more years to turn a profit. By the time that becomes a success, Nebraska will already be a Big Ten member and the Big Ten Network is going to be even more profitable than it already is. The population and the alumni across the nation of the soon to be 12 Big Ten Schools is going to WAY outway what Texas can pull alone. By the time Texas starts pulling in $30 million a year like projected, so will the Big Ten schools I bet...I doubt it's going to stagnate at $22 million (what Big Tens Schools got last year). That doesn't even get into the academic benfit for your school. PSU jumped like 20 spots in the academic rankings after they joined and the amount of research dollers Nebraska could get, could tripple.

I give this new Big 12, 10 years max before it collapses.

• Fire 1

I don't understand how revenue for the other 9 schools is going to double if UT has their own TV network or how Beebe put this new revenue deal together seemingly at the drop of a hat. How long will this will hold together given the amount of distrust between big 12 members and power being even more concentrated in Texas? I didn't pay much attention to big east / ACC realignment and never realized how much trust there has to be between members of a conference when there's tens of millions of dollars in revenue at stake and the risk that the whole conference could fall apart, leaving the smaller schools to fend for themselves.

One way or another I know the former north division schools are going to get screwed by UT even if this is great in the short term.

the problem is that getting screwed by TU, is still better than the alternative. they will always make more in the Big 12 (whatever form it may take, as long as TU is still there) than they would have in MWC, CUSA, MVC, or wherever. i think this is what TU wanted all along. all they wanted was their own network, and they were going to do whatever it took. even if the collateral damage was CU and NU. they manipulated the pac-10 and even the SEC, and their result; a conference where everyone is dependent upon them, they have all the control, and their holy grail (BEVOtv)