According to Denver Post, UT tried to "pull a fast one" on Pac-10 deal

Nexus

I tip my hat to Larry Scott and the Pac-10 for sticking to their principles.

A source close to the Pac-10's expansion negotiations told The Denver Post that Texas insisted on better revenue sharing and its own network, which essentially killed the deal.

"In the 11th hour, after months of telling us they understand the TV rights, they're trying to pull a fast one on the verge of sealing the deal in the regents meeting," the source said. "They want a better revenue sharing deal and their own network. Those were points of principle. (The Pac-10) wants to treat everyone fairly. It's been that way for months of discussions."

LINK

A source close to the Pac-10's expansion negotiations told The Denver Post that Texas insisted on better revenue sharing and its own network, which essentially killed the deal.

"In the 11th hour, after months of telling us they understand the TV rights, they're trying to pull a fast one on the verge of sealing the deal in the regents meeting," the source said. "They want a better revenue sharing deal and their own network. Those were points of principle. (The Pac-10) wants to treat everyone fairly. It's been that way for months of discussions."

LINK

tu does not understand 'treat everyone fairly'. they probably just ignored that part of the negotiation and assumed they would get whatever they want as usual.

LINK

tu does not understand 'treat everyone fairly'. they probably just ignored that part of the negotiation and assumed they would get whatever they want as usual.

To paraphrase from the novel "Animal Farm"

"ALL teams ARE EQUAL, BUT SOME ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS"

Yep...."months"... As I said in another thread, this was entirely a power play and the Pac 10 was just the pawn to get them what they want. They'll whore themselves out in the short-term, suck the conference dry like the vampires they are, then have the arrogance to think a major conference will want them after the money runs out. Mark it down.

If nothing else changes, the former Big 12 conference will be fine as long as the minority teams(everyone except Texas) stick together and vote together. Right now I don't think Texas has anywhere to go and will have to stay. If the other schools are smart they ask Texas for rights to their sports to the conference, like Nebraska wanted, along with the rest of the teams. This will create a much more even field and revenue dispersement. If Texas doesn't like it I guess they can go Independent but I just don't think they can make it as an independent. I'd stick together, push them and see what they will give up. Otherwise, if it continues to go like it's been with every other school sucking Texass's tits it will not be good for the rest of them.

The Big 12 is going to fold within two seasons...book it. All because of Texas and their need for money and power, and the attitude that the rest of the conference only exists to support their little kingdom. Hell with Texas! :nutz

All this power play crap just becomes more and more clear. TO said before the Big 10 announcement became official that everything would come out.

The Pac 10 should consider itself lucky. they almost deliberatly injected themselves with the biggest cancer in college football.

My respect for the Pac 10 is much higher now... Good for them for turning down an "11th hour" switch attempt by UT.