What 9 members of the Big 12 should know

The Big 12 is a doomed conference. Texas will bolt just as soon as it is offered a better deal and the Texas lackeys will try to follow. The Pac 10 + 1 and possibly 2 if they bring in Utah will only have 4 spots open and you know that Texas will only look after Texas. If I was Kansas I'd start lobying both the Big 10 and the Big East. Both these conferences are strong in basketball, much more so than the Big 12. Seems like a logical step for KU to try and take. ISU, KSU and Baylor are in the worst spot but there are spots for them somewhere. TT, TAM and MU have to look at the SEC, ACC and possibly the WAC. What all this boils down to is that Texas can't be trusted and there is a leak in the god ship Big 12.

T_O_B

:cheers:bonez:cheers

Yep, I wish these other schools realize what Texas is doing. I believe they were scared that they were gonna left out if the Big 12 broke apart. They bought into Texas' ploy to keep the Big 12 intact, when in fact their gonna get screwed. I hope this really comes to bite Texas right in the you know what.

Maybe TO can put a good word in for KU,Mizzou or Kstate for the BigTen if their looking to expand in the next couple of years.

Yep, I wish these other schools realize what Texas is doing. I believe they were scared that they were gonna left out if the Big 12 broke apart. They bought into Texas' ploy to keep the Big 12 intact, when in fact their gonna get screwed. I hope this really comes to bite Texas right in the you know what.

Maybe TO can put a good word in for KU,Mizzou or Kstate for the BigTen if their looking to expand in the next couple of years.

well, i think the big 12 will stay togther for awhile, never know in the future what will happen, but for the time being, its okay i believe...the texas legislature might have got envolved in this if it was going to turn sour, and may have forced there hand on texas, they are a state school.

kansas will have a tough time getting into the big 10, its looks like,,,how much money can you bring

texas has no reason to go; they got their tv deal, they are in an unequal revenue sharing conference, and they squeezed out NU so they only have to beat OU. oh, and everyone else is at their mercy, and if anyone steps out of line they just have to threaten to leave, and they will once again get their way.

IT'S THE...

texas_chainsaw_massacre.jpg

texas has no reason to go; they got their tv deal, they are in an unequal revenue sharing conference, and they squeezed out NU so they only have to beat OU. oh, and everyone else is at their mercy, and if anyone steps out of line they just have to threaten to leave, and they will once again get their way.

IT'S THE...

texas_chainsaw_massacre.jpg

True that!!!! :thumbs

The other 9 schools are acting like girls, letting Texas dictate to them like this. Where is their pride? :LOLtartar

more like members of an abusive relationship.

from wikipedia.org (the only source):

Some of the warning [signs] that may indicate abuse include:

Physical harm of any kind

Attempts to control aspects of an individual's life (e.g., how one dresses, who one's friends are, what one does in one's free time, what one says, what conference one is in, etc.)

Humiliation (withholding the benefits from an exit fee one is rightfully entitled)

Coercing and/or threats of physical harm to an individual or those close to him/her to get the abuser a better television contract, while leaving other's out in the cold.

Demands to know where an individual is at all times or what conference one is in at all time

An individual "rages" when they are hurt, shamed, or are in jeopardy of losing control in the relationship and misplace blame on an innocent member who left for a new relationship and manipulate other conferences to gain leverage over the remaining members.

Online manipulation i.e. abuser is poised to hurt victim using knowledge of technology, via chip brown

The other 9 schools are acting like girls, letting Texas dictate to them like this. Where is their pride? :LOLtartar

more like members of an abusive relationship.

from wikipedia.org (the only source):

Some of the warning [signs] that may indicate abuse include:

Physical harm of any kind

Attempts to control aspects of an individual's life (e.g., how one dresses, who one's friends are, what one does in one's free time, what one says, what conference one is in, etc.)

Humiliation (withholding the benefits from an exit fee one is rightfully entitled)

Coercing and/or threats of physical harm to an individual or those close to him/her to get the abuser a better television contract, while leaving other's out in the cold.

Demands to know where an individual is at all times or what conference one is in at all time

An individual "rages" when they are hurt, shamed, or are in jeopardy of losing control in the relationship and misplace blame on an innocent member who left for a new relationship and manipulate other conferences to gain leverage over the remaining members.

Online manipulation i.e. abuser is poised to hurt victim using knowledge of technology, via chip brown

BRILLIANT!!!! :laughpound

why don't they just vote everything texas says down...just say F*** YOU texas

Problem is TT and Baylor more than some others will never do that because they know they have no other options. Its be TX's little sidekick or nothing. Oklahoma State and ISU fall in to this as well and KSU will if KU doesnt look to help them. So taht leaves 3 schools that would say something.....

actually now that i think about it, there is only 1 school left that has and would say something now that NE left. MU hopefully will continue the good fight. What is right for the big12, not just TX

Problem is TT and Baylor more than some others will never do that because they know they have no other options. Its be TX's little sidekick or nothing. Oklahoma State and ISU fall in to this as well and KSU will if KU doesnt look to help them. So taht leaves 3 schools that would say something.....

actually now that i think about it, there is only 1 school left that has and would say something now that NE left. MU hopefully will continue the good fight. What is right for the big12, not just TX

Is the "good fight" Mizzou getting crushes on boys in the "Mystery Date Game," proclaiming the crushes to anyone who will listen, and then opening the door to the nerd? Admittedly, I wouldn't mind watching that "fight" every few years.

The Big 12 is a doomed conference. Texas will bolt just as soon as it is offered a better deal and the Texas lackeys will try to follow. The Pac 10 + 1 and possibly 2 if they bring in Utah will only have 4 spots open and you know that Texas will only look after Texas. If I was Kansas I'd start lobying both the Big 10 and the Big East. Both these conferences are strong in basketball, much more so than the Big 12. Seems like a logical step for KU to try and take. ISU, KSU and Baylor are in the worst spot but there are spots for them somewhere. TT, TAM and MU have to look at the SEC, ACC and possibly the WAC. What all this boils down to is that Texas can't be trusted and there is a leak in the god ship Big 12.

T_O_B

:cheers:bonez:cheers

It sounds like you're saying that leaving the conference all by yourself without looking out for any other teams is a bad thing.

Who would do such a thing?

Is the "good fight" Mizzou getting crushes on boys in the "Mystery Date Game," proclaiming the crushes to anyone who will listen, and then opening the door to the nerd? Admittedly, I wouldn't mind watching that "fight" every few years.