The first 10 New Big 10 titles

Amazing,

We have not beaten a top ten team in years, haven't won a conference title in years, in a easier conference and we are going to win 4 CCG in ten years. How long has it been since we did do that.

yup. Some folks are a little unrealistic.

But that's why they call 'em fans! FANatics can't be expected to make sense.

Iowa will get at least 3 outta 10.

eh being realistic and suppressing my inner fan that say's we have an amazing 10 big ten championship run I'll be realistic.

OSU - 3

PSU - 2

Nebraska - 2

Iowa - 1

Wisconsin - 1

(i got doubts on this one) Michigan - 1

I think in terms of goals we should prolly start small, build a nice foundation, and then go from there.

I don't think us winning 2 big ten titles is unrealistic but i would expect them too come in the later half of that first decade as the huskers make the transition.

Amazing,

We have not beaten a top ten team in years, haven't won a conference title in years, in a easier conference and we are going to win 4 CCG in ten years. How long has it been since we did do that.

This is going to be a tough road to hoe guys. We are not jumping out of the frying pan into ice. These boys play rough physical ball and we will get the very best shot from each one of them.

If we win two I would be happy as hell, one would make it a big deal.

Respect your competition, understand that each and every team will have our first game circled from the instant it is on the schedule.

I look forward to the tough games.

First of all, I made a clear disclaimer of optimism. Second, I really don't think the Big 10 has been better than the Big 12 since the Big 12's inception. In the long run, the Big 12 was the stronger conference. Third, what we've done in the recent past has no bearing on what we'll do in the future, since we have an entirely new coaching staff. Look at where Alabama was in the decade before Saban (one SEC title appearance), and where they've been in his first three seasons (two SEC title appearances and one national championship). Since Bo's first two seasons share some similarities with Saban's, I don't think it's all the crazy to think Nebraska could be one of two elite team's in the Big 10 (along with OSU). Sure my predictions are optimistic and taken on faith to a degree, but I don't see them as amazing by any means.

What's your prediction?

I said two would be great, 1 damned near as good.

I want to win games of importance. We have not done that yet. Thinking we are on par with Ohio State to me is homerism at the utmost. Predicting we will be is even more so.

I think being in the western side of the Big 10 will put us up against Wisconsin, Iowa and most likely Ohio State or Michigan the first year. Over all much tougher than what we face in the Big 12 on a regular basis.

I think we are reading and buying into the media hype.

We have lost the best defensive player to ever play at Nebraska. Have some great kids coming up for sure. But we do not have an offense that is ours. What will we have next year is still up in the air. No Identity.

When we actually win a game of major importance, beat a top 5-10 team, not just play close I will start to think we have that ability. We have proven to be close but that is for horse shoes and hand grenades.

Until I see that happen, I can only hope we do as well as some think we may. I saw a loss to Iowa state, a destruction by Texas Tech and a lucky win over Oklahoma.

A resounding thumping of Arizona is the one thing that makes me think things are possible, but have not seen it against the level of competition we will be facing soon.

I said two would be great, 1 damned near as good.

I want to win games of importance. We have not done that yet. Thinking we are on par with Ohio State to me is homerism at the utmost. Predicting we will be is even more so.

I think being in the western side of the Big 10 will put us up against Wisconsin, Iowa and most likely Ohio State or Michigan the first year. Over all much tougher than what we face in the Big 12 on a regular basis.

I think we are reading and buying into the media hype.

We have lost the best defensive player to ever play at Nebraska. Have some great kids coming up for sure. But we do not have an offense that is ours. What will we have next year is still up in the air. No Identity.

When we actually win a game of major importance, beat a top 5-10 team, not just play close I will start to think we have that ability. We have proven to be close but that is for horse shoes and hand grenades.

Until I see that happen, I can only hope we do as well as some think we may. I saw a loss to Iowa state, a destruction by Texas Tech and a lucky win over Oklahoma.

A resounding thumping of Arizona is the one thing that makes me think things are possible, but have not seen it against the level of competition we will be facing soon.

So, what is your prediction? We will revisit in a few seasons and see whose is more on track. If I'm a homer for thinking 2009 was a step towards being an elite program again (in an average BCS conference) than pour me another glass of Kool Aid. :koolaid2: In all honesty, Missouri and Texas Tech are scarier to me than Iowa, Wisconsin and Michigan. Not to say that the latter won't offer us some great games, but I think we can be consistently better than them.

Amazing,

This is going to be a tough road to hoe guys. We are not jumping out of the frying pan into ice. These boys play rough physical ball and we will get the very best shot from each one of them.

Respect your competition, understand that each and every team will have our first game circled from the instant it is on the schedule.

First of all, I made a clear disclaimer of optimism. Second, I really don't think the Big 10 has been better than the Big 12 since the Big 12's inception. In the long run, the Big 12 was the stronger conference. Third, what we've done in the recent past has no bearing on what we'll do in the future, since we have an entirely new coaching staff. Look at where Alabama was in the decade before Saban (one SEC title appearance), and where they've been in his first three seasons (two SEC title appearances and one national championship). Since Bo's first two seasons share some similarities with Saban's, I don't think it's all the crazy to think Nebraska could be one of two elite team's in the Big 10 (along with OSU). Sure my predictions are optimistic and taken on faith to a degree, but I don't see them as amazing by any means.

What's your prediction?

What are your' parameters for saying the Big 12's been the stronger conference?

Amazing,

What's your prediction?

Mostly the BCS computers that do conference ratings, and watching a lot of games.

Amazing,

What's your prediction?

don't worry, now that you got NU, and the big 12 lost NU, the big 10 is most definitely the stronger conference.

Comparing the two conferences we had Texas and Oklahoma that have been powers for the last ten years or so. A few blips on the horizon but nothing steady.

Big Ten has Ohio State/Texas Penn State/Oklahoma Iowa/? Michigan/Missouri? Wisconsin/Kansas 1 year.

I think our schedule in the Big ten will be tougher week to week, if we schedule descent out of conference foes. Which I feel Bo and Coach Osborne will.

I think the move to the Big Ten is a tougher conference to get through undefeated than the Big 12. And we have not been able to do that in many years. So it seems to me it will be tougher. I do agree we are moving in the right direction, but I am very concerned about our recruiting ties to Texas.

I feel this was the right move, but I do not have the confidence some have of us being dominant instantly.

Two would be the most I think possible.

I think the move to the Big Ten is a tougher conference to get through undefeated than the Big 12. And we have not been able to do that in many years. So it seems to me it will be tougher. I do agree we are moving in the right direction, but I am very concerned about our recruiting ties to Texas.

Once you develop a pipeline, it's hard to shut it down. We have a constant stream of Floridians so don't assume that they won't go to colder weather areas.

Kids will go where ever no question, but I think we will see recruiting problems in Texas. Lot of negatives about Nebraska almost breaking up the conference and so forth.

Most kids want to play in front of their families and friends. The Texas kids had that opportunity with the Big 12/Nebraska, that is not going to be the case now. We may pull from California due to the BigTen/Pac12 Rose Bowl tie in though. Who knows.

If Bo starts to win the big games, the sky is the limit. But being close is not going to get it. This year needs to be a marked improvement over the past two as far as actually beating a team with a pulse, unfortunately not many on our schedule this year. Texas has to fall without question, Oklahoma in the CCG as well. I think both are possible.