The first 10 New Big 10 titles

I just think that overall the rigors of getting through the season will be tougher in the Big Ten, another factor is weather, most of our games now are bearable, some in the Big Ten late in November may not be as favorable as what we see on the road in the Big 12.

I think it is a more physical league, and Bo came from it and we play a lot like the Big Ten, but lining up 8 games a year against that type of game thinking is what concerns me.

I am the resident realist, I try to keep the kids from eating all the candy the first day.

I say things that normally are not that well recieved by some of our fans. Not from a lack of love for the Huskers, just being prepared for what might happen, not expecting 13 wins a year and NC afterwards.

I think Nebraska has a slim chance at being the NC hunt this year. But do I feel it could cange quickly, very much so. We have a very good coach, that is lives and breaths football, and my guess is when the time comes to line up against the Big Ten he will be more fired up than ever. Knowing that makes me smile.

I think this move is going to be fantastic, it is exciting to think we will be playing Ohio State, Penn State and Michigan on a somewhat regular basis. Having the opportunity to go to the Rose Bowl every single year is pretty kool to.

I love college football. I do not hate other teams. I try to learn about them, their traditions, history and enjoy their fans. I have respect for every team we play and try to find the reasons for it. I take one of our traditions to heart, play the game if you lose, respect the victor. Doing so only makes you a better fan.

I just think that overall the rigors of getting through the season will be tougher in the Big Ten, another factor is weather, most of our games now are bearable, some in the Big Ten late in November may not be as favorable as what we see on the road in the Big 12.

I think it is a more physical league, and Bo came from it and we play a lot like the Big Ten, but lining up 8 games a year against that type of game thinking is what concerns me.

I am the resident realist, I try to keep the kids from eating all the candy the first day.

I say things that normally are not that well recieved by some of our fans. Not from a lack of love for the Huskers, just being prepared for what might happen, not expecting 13 wins a year and NC afterwards.

I think Nebraska has a slim chance at being the NC hunt this year. But do I feel it could cange quickly, very much so. We have a very good coach, that is lives and breaths football, and my guess is when the time comes to line up against the Big Ten he will be more fired up than ever. Knowing that makes me smile.

I think this move is going to be fantastic, it is exciting to think we will be playing Ohio State, Penn State and Michigan on a somewhat regular basis. Having the opportunity to go to the Rose Bowl every single year is pretty kool to.

I love college football. I do not hate other teams. I try to learn about them, their traditions, history and enjoy their fans. I have respect for every team we play and try to find the reasons for it. I take one of our traditions to heart, play the game if you lose, respect the victor. Doing so only makes you a better fan.

well your a bigger then i am...i hate losing and only find solace when i know i should...but there are just some teams i just love to hate...enough said

I think Bo is building a monster here. The depth, the coaching, the mentality of this program is so much more in line with were NU was in the 90's. The ineptitude of the offense last year was unforgiveable, but, the Blackshirts kept us alive. Either we become a consistant team offensively (which I think will happen this year) or we will stuggle mightily.

My prediction is

OSU 3

NU 3

IA 1

PSU 2

MU 1

I just am not convinced Wisconson will get over the hump or that Michigan will suck forever. The wildcard in all this of course is those pesky CCGs, those of you in the Ten now might want to review our first CCG to see just how unlikely an outcome can result.

I think Bo is building a monster here. The depth, the coaching, the mentality of this program is so much more in line with were NU was in the 90's. The ineptitude of the offense last year was unforgiveable, but, the Blackshirts kept us alive. Either we become a consistant team offensively (which I think will happen this year) or we will stuggle mightily.

My prediction is

OSU 3

NU 3

IA 1

PSU 2

MU 1

I just am not convinced Wisconson will get over the hump or that Michigan will suck forever. The wildcard in all this of course is those pesky CCGs, those of you in the Ten now might want to review our first CCG to see just how unlikely an outcome can result.

that's what happens when half your team is sick :facepalm:

Comparing the two conferences we had Texas and Oklahoma that have been powers for the last ten years or so. A few blips on the horizon but nothing steady.

Big Ten has Ohio State/Texas Penn State/Oklahoma Iowa/? Michigan/Missouri? Wisconsin/Kansas 1 year.

I think our schedule in the Big ten will be tougher week to week, if we schedule descent out of conference foes. Which I feel Bo and Coach Osborne will.

I think the move to the Big Ten is a tougher conference to get through undefeated than the Big 12. And we have not been able to do that in many years. So it seems to me it will be tougher. I do agree we are moving in the right direction, but I am very concerned about our recruiting ties to Texas.

I feel this was the right move, but I do not have the confidence some have of us being dominant instantly.

Two would be the most I think possible.

Personally I think Texas and Oklahoma have more dominant programs than anyone in the Big 10. Ohio St. is close, but UT and OU have equal coaching staffs with slightly better talent lines. After that, as I mentioned before, I think we match up really well with Iowa and Wisconsin, and they do not scare me as much as Texas Tech or even Missouri. Penn St., I'm not so sure... but how many years will JoePa be around once we get there? One or two? It's hard not to imagine a drop-off after he leaves.

Iowa and Wisconsin both have really solid programs, but compared to the explosive offenses and 4-5-star recruits we've had to deal with in the past two seasons, it's tough to be too worried about them. Iowa has an average to below average offensive coordinator who Bo and Carl's defense should eat alive. They have a great defensive coordinator, but I don't see him being around for more than 2-3 more seasons.

I don't necessarily disagree about the Texas recruiting... but it remains to be seen.

I have to disagree with the first statement, maybe some homerism lurking, I'd say Texas and tOSU have probably been on an even keel this decade and I can appreciate you saying Oklahoma is a dominant team (which they are), but PSU is no where near a slouch and Michigan will be right back with the top of the elite sooner than later.

I know it is futile to argue such things but none-the-less the top half of the Big 12. in my humble opinion, is no stronger than the top half of the Big Ten and I think stats would back that up. Regardless, we are psyched you are in the club, now let's play some football and answer these questions.

Past decade:

Texas, 85.3%

Oklahoma, 82.1%

Ohio State, 80.3%

And according to Sagarin, Oklahoma had the toughest schedule of the three, which makes their 82% even more impressive.

I think this plays right into what I was saying, there are only a couple games separating the teams which would lead one to believe that the top half of the leagues are not stronger than the other. Over a ten year span there is only a 3-4 game difference between the records (not between each but overall). When tOSU and Texas played each other it was a very close win by Texas followed by a beatdown from tOSU and then a last second win for Texas. I'd have to say that's pretty even.

As I said though, it is futile arguing these sorts of things, if I choose to see the stats as even and someone else chooses to see them as being more dominating that's how we are going to see things and no banter back and forth will ever change that.

Ohio State 3

Nebraska 3

Michigan 2

Wisconsin 1

Iowa 1

*Bonus Prediction: Ohio State will have sanctions against them before the end of the first decade of the New Big Ten.

I really hope not. As far as I know tOSU has never had any to date and I'm hoping that streak continues. I like to think Tressel does things the right way. He seems like a stand up guy (may be some homerism on my part) and hopefully that trickles down through the team. Are there some bad apples on the team? Without a doubt, but hopefully he can keep them in line.

Ohio State 3

Nebraska 3

Michigan 2

Wisconsin 1

Iowa 1

*Bonus Prediction: Ohio State will have sanctions against them before the end of the first decade of the New Big Ten.

I really hope not. As far as I know tOSU has never had any to date and I'm hoping that streak continues. I like to think Tressel does things the right way. He seems like a stand up guy (may be some homerism on my part) and hopefully that trickles down through the team. Are there some bad apples on the team? Without a doubt, but hopefully he can keep them in line.

:laughpound I just took a wild stab, after seeing what happened to USC, I figure if you win - the NCAA is gunning for you. It could just as easily be us, or Texass for that matter...I probably should have used the sarcasm dealy bop....and have corrected that.

Ohio State 3

Nebraska 3

Michigan 2

Wisconsin 1

Iowa 1

Well close: Football one year probation and no postseason but waaaaay back in 1957.

Interesting the NCAA database lists: The Ohio State University. Is that the official name?

NCAA website

Ohio State 3

Nebraska 3

Michigan 2

Wisconsin 1

Iowa 1

Well close: Football one year probation and no postseason but waaaaay back in 1957.

Interesting the NCAA database lists: The Ohio State University. Is that the official name?

Yes, official charter name, hence tOSU or as everyone else gets annoyed with and a few non-tOSU alum NFL idiots announcing themselves like to add "The" in front of their school's name. That always makes me laugh when someone from another school does it thinking that players from tOSU are just arrogant when they state "The Ohio State University"

By the way where did you get that information on 1957? That is truly surprising seeing that that was a Woody team and there was no stricter disciplinarian. If any sanction would have occurred I surely would have bet it would have been under Cooper, goes to show, you never know.

*Edit - saw the link after I posted, doh. I think I remember this about Woody giving money to players that couldn't afford the cost of living arrangements that the NCAA imposed at the time after I saw that, I stand corrected.