More fuel to the fire for 10/16/10

I was at an airshow display this weekend, drinking a beer.... in California. And this guy standing next to me says "Texas sucks!" to his buddies, and I looked straight at him without thinking. He said "no offense, sorry". He thought I was looking over cause I was pissed. I just laughed and said "I'm a husker, man! TEXAS DOES SUCK!!!" Good times.

california...really?

i thought they had some surfing to do this time of year...didn't think they thought about football for another 2 months

Good riddance from the Big 12 where you were both irrelevant and mediocre.

You can trash us all you want but at the end of the day, after we're gone the competitiveness of the big 12 will be degraded. We represented the north 5 times in the conference championship and CU did 4 times (total 9 of 14). I'm skeptical that OU and the smaller programs will be content with UT getting their own TV network while the rest of college football looks to the big 10 model for growing revenue and satisfying the demand for more TV coverage of all conference games. Point is, there's not a chance in hell that the big 12 will be better without us or last more than a few years if UT runs it like a fiefdom.

Good riddance from the Big 12 where you were both irrelevant and mediocre.

You can trash us all you want but at the end of the day, after we're gone the competitiveness of the big 12 will be degraded. We represented the north 5 times in the conference championship and CU did 4 times (total 9 of 14). I'm skeptical that OU and the smaller programs will be content with UT getting their own TV network while the rest of college football looks to the big 10 model for growing revenue and satisfying the demand for more TV coverage of all conference games. Point is, there's not a chance in hell that the big 12 will be better without us or last more than a few years if UT runs it like a fiefdom.

exactly...everyone forgets that when the north really sucked...i mean really sucked; colorado was our side of the conferece's team...mizzou had its time here and there but iowa st and kansas blindsided them too many times for them to be really good...

texas is also got the football team they keep building up to be...this last year they lost more talent then ever...yes they have a consecutive number of 10 win seasons or whatever but they have never lost so many starters...ie lots of experience...sure they have talent...but experience is very important...Joe Ganz anyone...i honestly believe this will be a mediocre texas team this year...maybe 8-4 or 9-3...even with there weak OOCS...

when they get boxed around in a couple games by even by the little guys...everyone will wonder why they gave in to texas when their football program(the money making part of sports) isn't anything spectacular...that's when everyone walks away from the conference, even if it is somewhere they didn't think they wanted to be

Simply cannot wait til we win that game. And I hope it's their only loss in conference play so we can roll them twice before jetting off to the Big 10.. Just to prove it.

This would be perfect.

Obviously, as you know or could guess, the Big Ten fans are pulling for you hard this year. We want you to leave as a powerhouse. If any school wins the MNC other than Ohio State, I would hope it would be you.

But beating Texas, the architect and master of their league, would be fine winnings enough.

I find it amusing that Texas fans are calling Nebraska academically mediorce. As you can see by this link:

My link

Nebraska is not doing too bad academically, in fact Nation Leading sounds pretty good!

My Favorite stat is:

CoSIDA Academic All-Americans Across All Sports

No. School Total 2009-10 (June 10)

1. Nebraska 274 5

2. Notre Dame 213 3

3. Penn State 161 4

4. MIT 159 4

5. Stanford 140 4

6. Augustana (Ill.) 131 1

7. Bucknell 119 1

8. Texas 118 3

9. Emory 114 0

10. UCLA 112 0

I think the numbers speak for themselves

I find it amusing that Texas fans are calling Nebraska academically mediorce. As you can see by this link:

My link

Nebraska is not doing too bad academically, in fact Nation Leading sounds pretty good!

My Favorite stat is:

1. Nebraska 274 5

2. Notre Dame 213 3

3. Penn State 161 4

4. MIT 159 4

5. Stanford 140 4

7. Bucknell 119 1

8. Texas 118 3

9. Emory 114 0

10. UCLA 112 0

Wid mY Nbraaskah dEplooma ah kin saY that"S almst lke ya' kNOw moor than tEXAS !! :nanalama :nanalama

I can't believe Husker 37 went over there to try to talk sense into them. :laughpound

When you see that language and they rate their posters as dbags and azzhats, probably not going to have a reasonable conversation.

I like the "gal" that talking about NU using some foul language, and then talking about how a church function caused her to miss a game. :LOLtartar

I think his effort was admirable. Although admirable it was all for not, as shaggybevo.com will turn any comment no matter how intelligent into a cursing contest. It is hard for me to believe all texas fans are like the one on shaggyveo. But the ones willing to talk football without resorting to acting juvinile is few and far between.

I can't believe Husker 37 went over there to try to talk sense into them. :laughpound

When you see that language and they rate their posters as dbags and azzhats, probably not going to have a reasonable conversation.

I like the "gal" that talking about NU using some foul language, and then talking about how a church function caused her to miss a game. :LOLtartar

I think his effort was admirable. Although admirable it was all for not, as shaggybevo.com will turn any comment no matter how intelligent into a cursing contest. It is hard for me to believe all texas fans are like the one on shaggyveo. But the ones willing to talk football without resorting to acting juvinile is few and far between.

:facepalm: This is what you get when your dealing with tobbacker chewin', beer swillin', rednecks that have only heard their momma's talk to them like that.

My link

My Favorite stat is:

1. Nebraska 274 5

2. Notre Dame 213 3

3. Penn State 161 4

4. MIT 159 4

5. Stanford 140 4

7. Bucknell 119 1

8. Texas 118 3

9. Emory 114 0

10. UCLA 112 0

going to have to check out the link for this...just to see where the rest of the Big Ten and Big 12 actually rank. Would also like to see a comparison of graduation rates.

:sarcasm They actually give grades at Kansas State and Colorado? Don't they have to have classes to do this? I'm just saying...