Would you still want to play Kansas every year?

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm a big stickler for what I'm comfortable with, and beating the $#*! out of Kansas certainly fits in that category.

I'd want to keep this one going.

One of this and OU, as a long term series at least.

OU would be priority for me, but I do recognize that KU is a long streak.

Guys, we are moving to the Big 10 as it's greener pastures. Let's not make as if the Big 12 hurt us. Yeah, it wasn't great, but you know what, we had some good years here and we're out of it now. No need for animosity towards these teams.

Wow, I'm really surprised by all the rancor against Kansas. I thought people understood that what they did was a crappy deal for them, but necessary (at least in the short term).

Would your opinion change about them if they left the Big 12-2?

Yes, I would be MORE than happy to schedule them if they were in a different conference. Bottom line, if NU is made to pay the full amount of the exit penalty, I want that to be the last dime that conference gets out of NU. So, while I can't speak for everyone, at least in my view, it really has nothing to do with Kansas per se. I wish them well, and have absolutely no animosity towards the University of Kansas, or (most of) the fans. I DO have a problem with who will get a big cut of any proceeds they get from such a game as it stands NOW.

I chose no and here's why. With this new round robin type schedule the Big 12 will have, I see KU as having little to no chance at ever winning the Big 12 in football. If they're not going to be a top in the Big 12, I see little reason to play them. They won't be the creampuff that we normally schedule out of conference, yet they won't ever be strong enough to be much of a contender in the Big 12. It would appear by scheduling them that they could be a trap game for us. We either need to schedule a contender in OU or Texas, or we need to schedule a creampuff as a warm up to the Big 10 season.

I chose yes for many of the same reasons. IF we get 3 OOC games like we had back with Dr. Tom, he would schedule one creampuff, one middle of the road and one marquee. KU takes the middle of the road, plus gives the fans another home game in Lawrence :hellloooo

On second thought, we might need 2 home games minimum OCC, three if we go 4 OOC.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we try to schedule just about all of our OOC games so that we're playing at home? Yes, the one marquee game is normally a home and away. However, I don't think anyone would call a game against KU each and every year a marquee game. Like you said, it would be a middle of the road game where we normally would have a home and home series with. I don't see KU getting real excited about coming to play in Lincoln year in and year out.

Definitely yes. Traditions are a pretty important part of CFB (to me), and I see no reason why we should just let this 100+ consecutive season game fall by the wayside. Kansas didn't have much say in the Big 12 deal, so there's no reason to dislike them for that. I guess it's pretty easy to say "who cares" for those of us in our teens or twenties, but we have to step back and realize the enormity of this series. 95% of our grandparents were not even born when this streak started.

The discussion is probably pointless though, since I don't see both schools agreeing to it anyway.

This isn't the Big 8 anymore...Why would anyone want to play Kansas every year in football?

I don't really care that much about the streak and there wasn't much tradition in the NU-KU football game. However, Lawrence is a 200 mile drive from Lincoln, tickets have always been relatively inexpensive and easy to get and Lawrence itself isn't a bad town (well at least it has the free state pub).

Once we're in the big 10 the closest road trip will be Iowa City (300 miles from Lincoln) and I'm guessing Iowa tickets will be more expensive and harder to get than KU, K-State, ISU or Missouri tickets ever were. We have always had great support from fans at away games and I'm worried that the geography of the big 10 will chip away at that support. So my thinking is that keeping KU on the schedule would at least lessen the blow and also keep the streak going.