Clarett will be Cut by Broncos

HuskersGJ

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-b...ov=ap&type=lgns

I'm curious to see what the Broncos fans on here think. I haven't kept a close eye on the Broncos since Sewell "retired" but I doubt this is much of a shock...?

IF it turns out to be true.

There was an article in the Denver Post basically boasting after the draft that the Broncos were able to get a big-name player like Clarett at a pick in the 4th round where teams usually find the relative no-names, those "Day 2" caliber players. The example the writer gave was the player the Falcons chose with the same pick the year before: Demorrio Williams.

Maybe I just took it personally being a Husker/Demorrio fan but the jist was basically that the Broncos got this Big Name player; while a year earlier the Falcons got a "Who??".

even all these months later, I would LOVE to find that article again (a search was unsuccessful) and email the writer and let him know that *Demorrio Who?* might be a starter for the Falcons this year. While the amazing Maurice Clarett apparently won't even make the Broncos first round of cuts.

Other semi-Husker related News from the NFL that might be of interest:

>The Chicago Bears have named rookie QB Kyle Orton as their new starting quarterback for the start of the 2005 season.

Orton of course is the near-Husker who wears #18 in honor of Brook.

>The San Diego Chargers have announced the team released QB Craig Ochs.

Former CU QB.

>NFL.com reports the Jacksonville Jaguars have released WR Troy Edwards.

This guy absolutely LIT UP the Blackshirts a few years ago. but hasn't quite caught on in the NFL.

NFL teams don't have to cut down until Tuesday i think, but some have already started-. no Huskers have been cut-- YET.

The guy may not be nearly as bad as LP was, but the fact that other teams are apparently interested in him before he's even been officially cut only shows the NFL's mentality sure hasn't changed. The USA Today writer that bashed Osborne lamented that he "still didnt' get it". aside from the point that it was way off about Osborne, the article may have been more accurate had he focused on the NFL's lack of "getting it" with some of these players.

Take Owens for example. if the Eagles put him up on the trade block you'd have several teams bidding for him immediately. bidding for a cancer.

Btw, we got Clarrett in the 3rd round. Last pick in it.

that's right! sorry, not a day 2 pick. since it was the same pick as Demorrio (#101) i was thinking it was still the same round. Never Assume! of course #101 was the 3rd round this year but the 5th pick in the 4th round last year..

Either is still too high for MC.

He should have gone "back to school" but his future may be better suited in NFL Europe. I don't even think he'd cut it in the iron-man ways of the AFL.

that's right! sorry, not a day 2 pick. since it was the same pick as Demorrio (#101) i was thinking it was still the same round. Never Assume! of course #101 was the 3rd round this year but the 5th pick in the 4th round last year..

Either is still too high for MC.

I believe Clarett was the 99th pick overall. But, I agree, way too high, he would have been there in round 6.

Even I could have told you that a guy who weighs about 235 and runs a 4.7 to 4.8 cant play runningback in the NFL. Maybe fullback if he put on a few, but man, the hole will have opened, closed, opened again, and had a 250 lb linebacker screaming through it before Clarett even got close enough to the O line to smell their farts. The NFL is too fast for that. See Ron Dayne. Bigger RBs who are successful, ala Jerome Bettis, are Physical freaks who are that big and that fast.

Even I could have told you that a guy who weighs about 235 and runs a 4.7 to 4.8 cant play runningback in the NFL. Maybe fullback if he put on a few, but man, the hole will have opened, closed, opened again, and had a 250 lb linebacker screaming through it before Clarett even got close enough to the O line to smell their farts. The NFL is too fast for that. See Ron Dayne. Bigger RBs who are successful, ala Jerome Bettis, are Physical freaks who are that big and that fast.

Ron Dayne made this team, he's earned a roster spot. Dayne is a lot faster than people give him credit for. Same goes for Mike Anderson.

I believe Clarett was the 99th pick overall

99th pick this year was the KC Chiefs. they picked some guy out of Tennessee.

but as it turns out- even the 6th round pick would've been a waste on MC!

For what its worth Bronco fans, at least MC made it into training camp. considering the St. Louis Rams selected Incognito about 20 picks earlier and the guy may just end up re-entering the '06 draft.

I don't know if that eases any pain or annoyance from the Clarett gamble, but there it is.

I believe Clarett was the 99th pick overall

99th pick this year was the KC Chiefs. they picked some guy out of Tennessee.

but as it turns out- even the 6th round pick would've been a waste on MC!

For what its worth Bronco fans, at least MC made it into training camp. considering the St. Louis Rams selected Incognito about 20 picks earlier and the guy may just end up re-entering the '06 draft.

I don't know if that eases any pain or annoyance from the Clarett gamble, but there it is.

As good as Darrent Williams is preforming I don't think too many Bronco fans really care. Bobby Turner convinced Shanahan that MC was really a good guy and they could make something of him. It was a risk and it fell through, plain and simple.

Clarrett is a complete wash. The kid doesn't practice, doesn't get the offense and isn't in shape and still expects to start. He's going to get cut because he never tried to make the team.

What a hack, I heard he had a minor groin pull and didn't even try to practice. That goes to show how badly he wanted it. I'd rather hear about TO than some no talent hack that hasn't proven anything on an NFL field. He was even overrated when he was at Ohio State.

Clarrett is a complete wash.  The kid doesn't practice, doesn't get the offense and isn't in shape and still expects to start.  He's going to get cut because he never tried to make the team.

What a hack, I heard he had a minor groin pull and didn't even try to practice. That goes to show how badly he wanted it. I'd rather hear about TO than some no talent hack that hasn't proven anything on an NFL field. He was even overrated when he was at Ohio State.

This wasn't just a minor groin pull. The doctors cleared him to play. The MRI showed NOTHING. This kid should have been playing through an injury that's as mild as sore feet. I'm not going to blame this on Shanahan though. When Bobby Turner tells you he can make someone run, you listen to him.