Wide Recievers' for 2011

Would like the opinoin of those of you who follow recruiting closer than some of the rest of us.... While we have a very good class building- to me it would be a disspointment if we couldn't pull in a "high quality" WR or two also.....

My question is this...

Who are the top5 Recievers that Nebraska is after?

Who do you think Nebraska is most likey to pull in(top 3 or whatever you'd like)

According to Rivals we have 21 WR offers. Of those 21, only 12 are uncommitted as of today. Those 12 are listed below.

The # next to each player's name is their position rankings.

As far as I know, Taariq Allen has NU in the lead. He's a low 3* prospect from Massachusetts.

DeAnthony Arnett #4

Davaris Daniels #13

Antoine Arnold #14

Tacoi Sumler #20

Damiere Byrd #21

Kasen Williams #22

Curt Evans #32

Johnny Haynes #40

Patrick Onwuasor #45

Hakeem Flowers #67

Taariq Allen Not Rated

Marquis Jackson Not Rated

I know Jamal Turner may end up being a slot WR, where personally I think he'd be a wizard with the ball in his hands. Imagine the YAC if both he and Martinez went this route. This will not happen, however.

I also know that Desmond Roland, a 5.6 3* athlete with a decent offer list, may be utilized as a receiver should NU procure his commitment.

Thanks...

I could see Turner in the slot- but it's assuming a lot IMO.....

It means that someone will serperate themselves....... And I see a lot of the same potential in Green, Carnes, Turner, Starling..

That said- eventually someone will seperate themselves.

I know Jamal Turner may end up being a slot WR, where personally I think he'd be a wizard with the ball in his hands. Imagine the YAC if both he and Martinez went this route. This will not happen, however.

I also know that Desmond Roland, a 5.6 3* athlete with a decent offer list, may be utilized as a receiver should NU procure his commitment.

He really, really wants to be a running back AFAIK.

Since we are heading to more of a running offense, this is a position where we may have to switch a QB or two to the WR spot and recruit that diamond in the rough. While I think we will throw a bit more and will be more sophisticated than Osborne's and Solich's offenses, a four-star, five-star WR will not generally be that excited about the direction we are going.

So in the future while we perhaps will see four-star types (I am including those that the coaches rate high, not Rivals or Scout.) at any defensive position, the OL, QB and RB positions, the recruiting will probably be a lot tougher at WR.