Most Wanted: DE

I got the idea for this thread when I was reading Brennan Scarlett's profile. I almost put it right on there, but that might have derailed his thread with off topic stuff, and I thought this might be a good idea. Aspeedlin's Most Wanted pix also helped.

I was just curious as to who you guys really want for DE in this class. We actually have good depth, with Pierre Allen, Cam Meredith, Ankrah, Chase Rome, Donovan Vestal, Ashburn, Josh Williams, et all waiting in the wings. But we lose a sure starter in Allen after this year, and will need to fill the void. Hopefully Ankrah is as much of a beast as the practice reports make him out to be. Still, can never have enough depth, and I would never turn down a sure impact player. I hate to dwell on the past, but imagine how Bo could've moulded Owa... arghh, oh well. Dude made his choice, best wishes to him.

Personally, I'd really like to get Scarlett, as he seems to be a stud, and I would think Suh's Portland connection could help. Honestly, he's probably at the top of my defensive end board. I know a lot of you want Jalen Grimble, and very few of you would turn down Todd Barr, Anthony Chickillo, or Jemauria Rasco, although with those last 3 we probably do not have much of a chance. So who do you guys want? Dylan Wynn would not be a bad pick up either, as I've heard many, many people compare his motor to that of Grant Wistrom.

Hopefully, if this thread goes well, we could make most wanted threads for other positions. If everyone likes the idea.

JP has reeled in some big ones before, though, GMoose. He got Ankrah, as well as other positions. But I'm with you, I think our best shots rest with Grimble and Scarlett. I get the feeling that no news is good news in the Grimble-USC situation. They came out and said they weren't sure if it'd affect his commitment (i.e., it will) and no news since then. :) And I definitely won't b*tch and moan if we get Dylan Wynn. I promise, I won't throw a tizzy like I did when we reeled in Jake Cotton last year. :laughpound

Does anyone have any inside info on Scarlett? Do we actually have a realistic shot? Even just to get a visit? Also, BigWillie, I'm curious as to your thoughts on DE and how you feel about Grimble/Scarlett.

JP has reeled in some big ones before, though, GMoose. He got Ankrah, as well as other positions. But I'm with you, I think our best shots rest with Grimble and Scarlett. I get the feeling that no news is good news in the Grimble-USC situation. They came out and said they weren't sure if it'd affect his commitment (i.e., it will) and no news since then. :) And I definitely won't b*tch and moan if we get Dylan Wynn. I promise, I won't throw a tizzy like I did when we reeled in Jake Cotton last year. :laughpound

Does anyone have any inside info on Scarlett? Do we actually have a realistic shot? Even just to get a visit? Also, BigWillie, I'm curious as to your thoughts on DE and how you feel about Grimble/Scarlett.

That's true. Plus this year has been chock full of pleasant surprises. I didn't think we'd get Kevin Williams or Tevin Mitchell but they jumped on. Same with Bubba, times 10. I guess now I shouldn't be surprised from here on out.

Brennan has alot of interest in USC even with the sanctions, plus UCLA and Stanford are pushing for him.

Grimble....wow your guess is as good as mine. I will say he sticks with the USC rubbers because of the star quality that university can give to a kid.

We are in Anthony Chickillos top 12 but he is still a long shot, probably a Miami and Notre Dame battle.

Todd Barr wants to visit, probably will take an official, but I have a feeling he sticks on the west coast.

Rasco has been quiet, but his top 3 have been Texas, LSU, and Florida State for awhile. Look for him to go to LSU in the end. The tigers ususally dont let top in-state talent get away from them.

Dylan Wynn will commit on the spot if we offer him, its just a matter if the staff feels as though he is worthy, I think the young man is. He is a tweener though which might throw some coaches off.

Jesse Hayes just visited, and he likes us. Hopefully he takes an official here and sees the gameday atmosphere. Bo's Ohio connections might payoff again with this one.

The last time I heard about Scarlett was months ago, and the interest then was only minimal due to Suh. Sooo ..

Grimble - just give it time. Kid will open it up and look around, mainly at us. Coaches have made ALOT of ground up in Vegas with all these HS coaches, and it will pay off soon enough. Even a year ago, Grimble would have never gave us a look.

What does our most wanted board look like right now? I know we haven't got any DE's yet in this class, but we took like 4 in last year's class. I would imagine we have higher priorities this year like LB and WR (of course we wouldn't turn down Grimble or Scarlett)