Seantrel Henderson having 2nd thoughts about USC?

After holding it together in the immediate aftermath of NCAA-levied sanctions, it appears that the biggest fish in Lane Kiffin's 2010 recruiting class is slipping from his grasp.

We noted yesterday how Kiffin and three other members of the USC football program took a private jet to visit Seantrel Henderson last week after the mammoth offensive tackle did not attend freshman orientation as expected. His father has since refused to comment on his son's status, and now so is the son.

Playing in a pro-am basketball league Tuesday night, Henderson was asked about his status with USC.

"I don't want to talk about that," Henderson said according to the St. Paul Pioneer Press.

Henderson is apparently put off by the fact that, during the recruiting process, Kiffin told him that there would be no serious penalties placed on the Trojans.

If Henderson does try to transfer from USC, he would be forced to sit out a transfer year before becoming eligible to play football. Miami and Ohio State would likely be potential destinations if Henderson decides to play elsewhere.

LINK

yeah, but the kid did everything possible to ensure that what happened, wouldn't happen. there really isn't much more that he could have done outside of committing somewhere else. i kind of feel bad for him, he wanted to go to USC but made it very clear that the sanctions would have an affect on his decision and something like a post season ban would all but eliminate them from contention. he was lied to, and really had no reason not to believe USC when they told him there wouldn't be any sanctions. now there are, and his future will be impacted by them. sure, he took a risk but he certainly tried his best to mitigate that risk.

IMO the NCAA should have allowed kids from this recruiting cycle to leave w/out the penalty as well. they are the ones that drug the investigation out 4+ years...how were these kids to know it wouldn't be another 2-3 years (if ever) before they finally did something?

yeah, but the kid did everything possible to ensure that what happened, wouldn't happen. there really isn't much more that he could have done outside of committing somewhere else. i kind of feel bad for him, he wanted to go to USC but made it very clear that the sanctions would have an affect on his decision and something like a post season ban would all but eliminate them from contention. he was lied to, and really had no reason not to believe USC when they told him there wouldn't be any sanctions. now there are, and his future will be impacted by them. sure, he took a risk but he certainly tried his best to mitigate that risk.

IMO the NCAA should have allowed kids from this recruiting cycle to leave w/out the penalty as well. they are the ones that drug the investigation out 4+ years...how were these kids to know it wouldn't be another 2-3 years (if ever) before they finally did something?

when you lay down with dogs sometimes you wake up with fleas. this was a black cloud over the program and kiffin sold him a program that was going to compete for national championships from the moment he stepped on campus. they all should be able to transfer, freshmen, soph, junior, seniors and red-shirts. if they challenge that in court they could win that in my opinion. how can usc/ncaa say junior and seniors can xfer but freshmen and sophs can't????? doesn't make any sense. 2 year ban from bowls is the same punishment for a freshmen as a senior. usc goes to bowls every year, so the underclassmen are suffering a unfair burden in my opinion.

Not good for anyone involved. The sad thing is the only ones paying the price are the kids in uniform. Kiffin and his assistants will not only have that FAT salary, but Kiffin now has an excuse if (when) he doesn't succeed right away. He can probably go the next 5-7 years never winning more than 8 games and continue to shift the blame to the reduced scholarships and the media will eat it up.

On top of that, those 30 scholarships are worth something like $4,000,000 to the university. Thanks for the extra $$ NCAA - we'll still field a solid team with our rich local kids.

Just saw a story on College Football Live that said Seantrel is not attending summer school classes. They mentioned that they think he may defect to Miami and felt he was misled by USC.

They also showed a short clip of Lane Kiffin (who's growing increasingly chubby, BTW) saying "If someone wants to leave the best place in the country to play football, we won't stop them," only increasing my desire to hit that guy in the mouth with a hammer.

Just saw a story on College Football Live that said Seantrel is not attending summer school classes. They mentioned that they think he may defect to Miami and felt he was misled by USC.

They also showed a short clip of Lane Kiffin (who's growing increasingly chubby, BTW) saying "If someone wants to leave the best place in the country to play football, we won't stop them," only increasing my desire to hit that guy in the mouth with a hammer.

screw the hammer i wanna run him over with a car, over and over and over again. as well as every other coach for usc and pete