Big Ten Rivalry Idea

Nebraska had three rivalries. Missouri, Oklahoma, and Colorado. Now our rivalries could be Iowa, Wisconsin, and Minnesota. Did anyone ever find out if we had a previous rivalry with Minnesota before?

ummm....no trophy, but we did play minnesota for about 40 years in a row...they had the edge in victories though...

Nebraska had three rivalries. Missouri, Oklahoma, and Colorado. Now our rivalries could be Iowa, Wisconsin, and Minnesota. Did anyone ever find out if we had a previous rivalry with Minnesota before?

Yes Minnesota and Nebraska used to have a rivalry from 1900-1919, From 1932-1951, and played games in 63,64,67-74,83-84,89-90.

Minnesota leads the series of 51 games, 29-20. However, twice as many games have been played at minnesota than at nebraska. 17 Lincoln games to 34 in the Twin-Cities.

Since 1963, Minnesota has not won a game against Nebraska. And out of those 14 meetings since '63, the blackshirts have shut Minnesota out 5 times and held them to 1 TD 4 times.

I like the idea, there is history, a trophy already set up, and both schools have a great football tradition. However it isnt going to happen, no way will it replace the Michigan, Ohio State rivalry. I like the wisconsin idea, could easily become a fun anual rival just make up whatever stupid trophy you want the game is much more important than the trophy.

We owned 97'

# 3 Tennessee 42-17

# 8 Washington State 21–16

We could play for theirs AP = Popularity contest

As an impartial observer (I like NU, MU and PSU), IMO NU was a little better than MU in 1997 but I would give the edge to PSU in 1994. That 1994 PSU team was incredible. Too bad they could never play each other.

I still like the idea of Nebraska and Wisconsin. Make a bronze trophy of Tom Ozborne, and Barry Alvarez, call it the Big Red Trophy. Winner gets the trophy, AND the right to wear home Uni's in the next game. IE, Say Nebraska beats Wisky at Memorial stadium they take home the trophy and would wear home uni's (Red Jersy white pants) AT Wisconsin the next year. Loser has to wear all whites. Sounds cool to me.. :box

Also for you bashers, I put the z in Osborne's name on purpose, Because he is like the wizard of football to me...

So people want to swap the Sears Crystal trophy that's cost 60k for one that a AP writer made in woodshop? :wacko:

Also, playing them like it was settling something would legitimize their '97 argument, when actually, they had none. We were better! :cowbell:

plus, we obviously settled the score in the 2005 alamo bowl.