Can Nebraska help Big Ten's rep this year?

GSG

Nebraska is more of an independent than part of any conference this year. In fact, Nebraska will likely prove that the Big Ten isn't as strong as people think once you start playing Big Ten games.

Definitely.

38 - 19

Iowa - Iowa State

And Iowa is a team that has been nationally relevant for a short time in the 1950s and just in the past decade. Only an average Big Ten team historically. Only 11 Big Ten championships (only 4 of them outright, too).

Iowa State and Iowa are but one team of their respective conferences, and you're comparing one of the better Big Ten teams to one of the worst Big XII teams, historically speaking.

I gotta disagree with him there, if Nebraska and Ohio State were to play for the National Title this season it really doesn't matter which team wins, it will be a MAJOR boon for the Big 10. To have two teams in the conference going into 2011 that were considered the top 2 teams the year before is never a bad thing...

now if Nebraska were to beat Ohio State for that title I think it would be an even bigger deal in terms of Big 10 clout. It means the Big 10 would be bringing in a team that is perceived to be an elite Nebraska and not just an improving Nebraska that is "almost back".

It would definately cement the Big 10 ahead of the Big 12 in terms of perception going forward and depending on how well Iowa/Wisconsin/Penn State do in their OOC and against Ohio State it could even put the Big 10 in position to surpass the SEC.

I agree. I don't know how Nebraska beating Ohio State would be a bad thing. The Big Ten would get a ton of good publicity from an Ohio State-Nebraska NCG and if Nebraska won, it would just show they are getting a Nebraska that is truly back.

I think it would be a double-edged sword. It would be great for the Big Ten moving forward, but it would reinforce the stereotype that the Big Ten and flagship Buckeyes are overmatched on the biggest stage.

............thus making NEBRASKA FREAKING U the flagship program!!!!!!!

:yeah:restore

If it were a close game with an NU win, it would be the BEST situation for the Big 10.

I think it helps the Big 10 conference more than it does the Big 12 solely because a lot of media pundits like to say the Big 10 isn't a strong conference. Having NU finish with a strong season (and hopefully a BCS Bowl win) does help the Big 12 because they can point to that game and say the Big 12 is strong but at the same time, the Big 10 can point at that game and say, this is why the Big 10 is only getting better. So really IMO, it's a win-win for both conferences, the Big 10 moreso than the Big 12 however.

I think it helps the Big 10 conference more than it does the Big 12 solely because a lot of media pundits like to say the Big 10 isn't a strong conference. Having NU finish with a strong season (and hopefully a BCS Bowl win) does help the Big 12 because they can point to that game and say the Big 12 is strong but at the same time, the Big 10 can point at that game and say, this is why the Big 10 is only getting better. So really IMO, it's a win-win for both conferences, the Big 10 moreso than the Big 12 however.

Any BCS bowl win is great for us and the Big10. I really, really hope we don't play a Big10 team in the bowls. Much better to crush an SEC team.

I gotta disagree with him there, if Nebraska and Ohio State were to play for the National Title this season it really doesn't matter which team wins, it will be a MAJOR boon for the Big 10. To have two teams in the conference going into 2011 that were considered the top 2 teams the year before is never a bad thing...

now if Nebraska were to beat Ohio State for that title I think it would be an even bigger deal in terms of Big 10 clout. It means the Big 10 would be bringing in a team that is perceived to be an elite Nebraska and not just an improving Nebraska that is "almost back".

It would definately cement the Big 10 ahead of the Big 12 in terms of perception going forward and depending on how well Iowa/Wisconsin/Penn State do in their OOC and against Ohio State it could even put the Big 10 in position to surpass the SEC.

I agree. I don't know how Nebraska beating Ohio State would be a bad thing. The Big Ten would get a ton of good publicity from an Ohio State-Nebraska NCG and if Nebraska won, it would just show they are getting a Nebraska that is truly back.

I think it would be a double-edged sword. It would be great for the Big Ten moving forward, but it would reinforce the stereotype that the Big Ten and flagship Buckeyes are overmatched on the biggest stage.

............thus making NEBRASKA FREAKING U the flagship program!!!!!!!

EXACTLY!!+1 :koolaid2: