If Callahan is fired...who's next.

I would have to say this is a make or break year for Coach Callahan. The big recruiting class might want to step up...same for the returners. Alot of people think that Coach Callahan may be let go if he repeats last years record (and he should.) So who would be next. My vote is for a current member of the Husker coaching staff. I graduated from Wayne State College, and while I was there Coach Dennis Wagner was our football coach. We won some games...some of his players went to the pros, and then he went to a California school where his O-Line blocked for a kid in the NFL (he is a starting QB.) Coach Dennis Wagner can recruit as well, and he is a wonderful guy, with a wonderful football mind. By the way HE CAN COACH.

I would have to say this is a make or break year for Coach Callahan. The big recruiting class might want to step up...same for the returners. Alot of people think that Coach Callahan may be let go if he repeats last years record (and he should.) So who would be next. My vote is for a current member of the Husker coaching staff. I graduated from Wayne State College, and while I was there Coach Dennis Wagner was our football coach. We won some games...some of his players went to the pros, and then he went to a California school where his O-Line blocked for a kid in the NFL (he is a starting QB.) Coach Dennis Wagner can recruit as well, and he is a wonderful guy, with a wonderful football mind. By the way HE CAN COACH.

I completely agree, there is no way we're gonna lose six games this year or there is going to be some huge drama in the state. The thing is, if we do have a repeat season and BC happens to get fired, the problem is do we continue to try to install a WC offense or completely revamp the staff? The problem with getting an entirely new system is we could have another season like last year, so I would hope we would try to find another West Coast Off. Coach. But in response to your question of who we should hire--Bill Walsh is still alive, right? Who better than the father of the WCO. Even if he is like 80.

I say bring back that Big Red Bleeder "Super" Bo Pelini. :worship He knows all there is to know about Husker tradition and what it is to be a Husker. He could bring back all of the 03 staff and run Barney Ball. Dailey could transfer back. Birkel would be there to. Fabian and Josh Bullucks could try and get their year back just to play for Bo. It would be amazing. :horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2 :horns2 :horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2

Nevermind. I don't think this thread is serious so don't take my response that way.

This is not a make or break year and if it was what would make or break him. GIVE THE GUY A FING CHANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He has had a chance. If he is below .500 this season, he should be fired. No questions. The first to go would be Pederson.

As for a offensive change. The only change would possibly be the addition of a few more runing plays and terminology as Nebraska can install the same offense half the country runs, balanced attack like Michigan. I wouldn't mind seeing a guy like Braylon Edwards on Nebraska's sidelines.

Of course we need to give the new staff time, riiiiiiight. Even if they finish 6-5 it's a disaster. Where's the improvement from 5-6? One game, well we can rehash 2004 over and over and over again, but until Billy C shows he can coach an entire game the jury is still out. Recruit your eyes out Billy because if you can't coach you won't have a job.

As for a offensive change. The only change would possibly be the addition of a few more runing plays and terminology as Nebraska can install the same offense half the country runs, balanced attack like Michigan. I wouldn't mind seeing a guy like Braylon Edwards on Nebraska's sidelines.

Why do you think Michigan runs a more balanced attack then NU? Don't they run a version of the WCO? Like half of the country does. Here are their stats from last year.

MU 896 total plays 481 rush 415 pass 54% run 46% pass

NU 734 total plays 412 rush 322 pass 56% run 44% pass

People act like NU is Texas Tech or Houston from the 80's. :bang

As far as the Braylon Edwards comment give this staff time to recruit and we will get a guy like him. We might have one now. Hopefully if we get one he doesn't drop as many passes as Edwards did.

I don't understand where these guys are getting the idea that we run such an unbalanced offense. I think it was one of the trolls in the invasion that kept saying we passed 85%, but still. 56/44 is basically the ideal for a west coast type offense.

You're right, throwing the ball 40+ times against Southern Miss, Iowa St or 55 times against Colorado is the perfect balance for a team to have. Let me also point out that the average pass attempts last season were just over 30 per game.

You're right, throwing the ball 40+ times against Southern Miss, Iowa St or 55 times against Colorado is the perfect balance for a team to have. Let me also point out that the average pass attempts last season were just over 30 per game.

That has nothing to do with balance. It has to do with how the defense plays you. It happens we lost those games due to a lack of execution. FYI: The average pass attempts last year were just under 29 per game. There will be games this year where we will throw it about 28 times and run it perhaps 45 times. There will be game where we will throw it 40 + times. There will perhaps be a couple of games where we will throw it less than 20 times and run it 50 + times. Depends on how the defense plays us. You can't have an even mix every game. The WCO is geared to be very flexible. Colorado in 2001 -- CU 62-NU 36 -- practically ran the ball all the time and won the Big 12.