The MFr's 10 Bold Predictions Thread

Guys,

I haven't posted as much as I normally do this offseason (I know Okieland has probably been a wreck without me), but I was talking with one of my friends who is a Sooner fan about this season, our expectations for each team, and I got to thinking... So, without further adieu I present to you my 10 bold predictions.

1.) We will have two 1,000 yard rushers in Burkhead and Helu. Both are really solid backs and if they can both stay healthy, they certainly have a great chance at accomplishing this.

2.) 2010 recruit Kenny Bell will see serious PT as a true freshman. I REALLY like the film I've seen on this guy...very shifty, quick, good vision and elusive. I can see him making an impact at WR.

3.) Cody Green ends the season as the starting QB. I'm no Zac Lee hater, I am just really unimpressed with his game. I understand that he had a hurt elbow last year, but truth be told I don't think it will make a serious difference in 2010. I am far from in love with Lee's pocket presence and decision making.

4.) Eric Martin finds his way into a Blackshirt this season. I love Emart's physicality and the mean streak he plays with. I see him getting the mental aspect of LB down and getting that Blackshirt.

5.) Alex Henery wins the Lou Groza award. Rumpelstiltskin turned his leg to gold on November 28, 2008 and he's been money ever since.

6.) Taylor Martinez finds his way on to the field. The guy is a football player...he lead one of the nation's best high school teams, he's quick, with nice moves and good vision...could play a variety of positions because of his versatility. He'll be a solid player for Big Red.

7.) Niles Paul finally turns into a really dangerous return man and scores 5 or more TDs on returns. Niles is a gifted athlete and we saw flashes of great vision and cuts last year. I think he puts all the pieces together this year and becomes one of the premier returners.

8.) We break out the all whites for a road game this year. Say what you want about em, but I like the all whites and think they looked great with the white and red cleats against Colorado in 07.

9.) We have 3 All-Americans on this year's team. Could be Crick/Amukamara/Hagg/Henery/Gomes....any of the 3.

10.) Lastly, Ricky Thenarse turns into a key member of our secondary. I think he comes off the knee injury hungry and his game will reflect it. He was the more gifted athlete between him and O'Hanlon, but couldn't get the mental aspect of the scheme down. That knee injury very well could've been a blessing in disguise, giving him more time to get the defensive scheme down.

These predictions go down smooth with a nice glass of :koolaid2:. Feel free to add to the list.

Guys,

I haven't posted as much as I normally do this offseason (I know Okieland has probably been a wreck without me), but I was talking with one of my friends who is a Sooner fan about this season, our expectations for each team, and I got to thinking... So, without further adieu I present to you my 10 bold predictions.

1.) We will have two 1,000 yard rushers in Burkhead and Helu. Both are really solid backs and if they can both stay healthy, they certainly have a great chance at accomplishing this.

2.) 2010 recruit Kenny Bell will see serious PT as a true freshman. I REALLY like the film I've seen on this guy...very shifty, quick, good vision and elusive. I can see him making an impact at WR.

3.) Cody Green ends the season as the starting QB. I'm no Zac Lee hater, I am just really unimpressed with his game. I understand that he had a hurt elbow last year, but truth be told I don't think it will make a serious difference in 2010. I am far from in love with Lee's pocket presence and decision making.

4.) Eric Martin finds his way into a Blackshirt this season. I love Emart's physicality and the mean streak he plays with. I see him getting the mental aspect of LB down and getting that Blackshirt.

5.) Alex Henery wins the Lou Groza award. Rumpelstiltskin turned his leg to gold on November 28, 2008 and he's been money ever since.

6.) Taylor Martinez finds his way on to the field. The guy is a football player...he lead one of the nation's best high school teams, he's quick, with nice moves and good vision...could play a variety of positions because of his versatility. He'll be a solid player for Big Red.

7.) Niles Paul finally turns into a really dangerous return man and scores 5 or more TDs on returns. Niles is a gifted athlete and we saw flashes of great vision and cuts last year. I think he puts all the pieces together this year and becomes one of the premier returners.

8.) We break out the all whites for a road game this year. Say what you want about em, but I like the all whites and think they looked great with the white and red cleats against Colorado in 07.

9.) We have 3 All-Americans on this year's team. Could be Crick/Amukamara/Hagg/Henery/Gomes....any of the 3.

10.) Lastly, Ricky Thenarse turns into a key member of our secondary. I think he comes off the knee injury hungry and his game will reflect it. He was the more gifted athlete between him and O'Hanlon, but couldn't get the mental aspect of the scheme down. That knee injury very well could've been a blessing in disguise, giving him more time to get the defensive scheme down.

These predictions go down smooth with a nice glass of :koolaid2:. Feel free to add to the list.

Like all your predictions except #3-and I'm no Green hater. As for the rest they could happen. THE

Guys,

Kenny is good, but he needs some weight before he'll see the field. Can't imagine you can block well at his weight.

• Fire 1

While you may not be impressed with Lee at all, and Green was a true freshman, I really can't see how you can be any more impressed with Green on the sample that we have. I get it's completely beating a dead horse here, but I just don't see it happening, unless Lee is injured.

It's a bold (pun intended) prediction for a reason ;)

While you may not be impressed with Lee at all, and Green was a true freshman, I really can't see how you can be any more impressed with Green on the sample that we have. I get it's completely beating a dead horse here, but I just don't see it happening, unless Lee is injured.

Maybe BECAUSE he was a true freshman with less than half the time Lee had with the offense? I would certainly bank my money on the odds that Green improves significantly over Lee improving significantly.

Maybe BECAUSE he was a true freshman with less than half the time Lee had with the offense? I would certainly bank my money on the odds that Green improves significantly over Lee improving significantly.

So you're impressed with what Green did over what Lee did simply because green was a true frosh? That's ridiculous. I don't know one person who is actually more pleased with what green did last year than what Lee did. And yea, thats a really bold statement, the kid that has nowhere to go but up will improve more than the guy who led us to a blowout in the Holiday Bowl...impressive.

Maudfather, I like the way you think! This is my take on the likelihood of each, from most to least likely:

So you're impressed with what Green did over what Lee did simply because green was a true frosh? That's ridiculous. I don't know one person who is actually more pleased with what green did last year than what Lee did. And yea, thats a really bold statement, the kid that has nowhere to go but up will improve more than the guy who led us to a blowout in the Holiday Bowl...impressive.

He also led us to a blowout loss against Texas Tech at home and a loss to Iowa freaking State. As for the Arizona game, he was 13 for 23 for less than 200 yards and averaged 3.6 yards per carry on the ground. Excuse me if I'm not blown away. Lee had a year to learn the offense and still showed a glaring lack understanding when attempting to execute it. Green didn't have that year, so it's hardly surprising he showed the same lack of understanding. It's hardly a bold prediction to say that odds are with a year in the offense, the more athletically gifted QB will improve more.

Did Lee drop a swing pass on the ground, then show Pop Warner level awareness in not pursuing it and watch a defender return it for a TD? Did Lee run clean to the endzone after an outstanding long completion, just to fumble it away? Did Lee catch a ball in traffic and then just drop it on the ground deep in our own territory?

Lee did not show a glaring lack of understanding, unless you are trying to say this offensive staff doesn't know what they're doing. (That's not true). Even Watson came out and said after those losses, Lee made the correct reads. It's not all on his shoulders, when everyone is injured, his line doesn't block well, he's injured, and his receivers can't run routes.

All you're saying is just because Green wasn't good last year, he'll probably be good this year.

It makes NO sense!

Green is more behind than Lee was, and needs more time than Lee does in coming along. Lee is a polished passer; Green is not yet. He's got a ways to go before he can get to the point where he makes all the right reads and has the ability to make all the throws, at which point, depending on the other guys around him, he STILL could put up underwhelming stats.

I like the comment about the all-white's though. I don't want them for every game, but I think our latest all-whites look pretty awesome. Love to see them break it out for a game or two.

• Fire 1

He also led us to a blowout loss against Texas Tech at home and a loss to Iowa freaking State. As for the Arizona game, he was 13 for 23 for less than 200 yards and averaged 3.6 yards per carry on the ground. Excuse me if I'm not blown away. Lee had a year to learn the offense and still showed a glaring lack understanding when attempting to execute it. Green didn't have that year, so it's hardly surprising he showed the same lack of understanding. It's hardly a bold prediction to say that odds are with a year in the offense, the more athletically gifted QB will improve more.

Lee was injured the entire year, and STILL outperformed Green. Sorry that i'm not one to bow down to green, he just hasn't impressed me with anything, hs film is hs film. And you really think that Lee is solely to blame for the loss to ISU? Really? Maybe you should go back and watch that game again...

Also, please show me where his glaring lack of understanding is?

Lee was injured the entire year, and STILL outperformed Green. Sorry that i'm not one to bow down to green, he just hasn't impressed me with anything, hs film is hs film. And you really think that Lee is solely to blame for the loss to ISU? Really? Maybe you should go back and watch that game again...

Haha, we saw Green for what 2 quarters? It'd be tough not to outperform him. Nor did I say he did outperform him, I just said I think it's more likely that Green shows significant improvement over the offseason as opposed to Lee. I'm not bowing down to Green, I just watched Lee make bad decisions, bad throws, and run indecisively for a year and lead us to a 70-some ranked offense. Some of that is injuries to RBs and the OLine, some of that is inconsistent WR play, but a lot of it was Zac Lee.

Of course I don't think the ISU loss was solely on Lee. Neither was Texas Tech. Do you really think the Arizona win was solely because of Zac Lee?

I don't have anything against Lee, I admire him for toughing out last season with an injury. I just think our offense's ceiling is higher with Green.

Haha, we saw Green for what 2 quarters? It'd be tough not to outperform him. Nor did I say he did outperform him, I just said I think it's more likely that Green shows significant improvement over the offseason as opposed to Lee. I'm not bowing down and blowing Green, I just watched Lee make bad decisions, bad throws, and run indecisively for a year and lead us to a 70-some ranked offense. Some of that is injuries to RBs and the OLine, some of that is inconsistent WR play, but a lot of it was Zac Lee.

Of course I don't think the ISU loss was solely on Lee. Neither was Texas Tech. Do you really think the Arizona win was solely because of Zac Lee?

I don't have anything against Lee, I admire him for toughing out last season with an injury. I just think our offense's ceiling is higher with Green.

The ceiling may be higher with green vs lee as a QB overall, but not as far as leading this team in 2010 is concerned. Green would be better off not touching the field this year as a RS and come back next year as a RS soph with Martinez, and having a full blown competition with Carnes and whoever else makes it to campus. But we saw green for garbage time vs FAU (where people fell in love with his one run), vs Ark St, vs ULaLa, vs Tech, the entire game vs Baylor (where our offense put up a whopping 13 points), the beginning of the OU game, a drive vs UT, and a bit vs UA.. So don't act like we didn't see him at all, because he got solid time for a back up true freshman qb, he just didn't impress except for one run vs FAU and maybe one throw vs Baylor, if you wanna give him that one too.