610 AM in KC

Ok this morning I'm driving to work and I'm listening to Bob Fiscoe on 610 down here in Kansas City. There talking about where the teams will finish in the Big 12. Then at the end he says that if NU or CU wins the North the Big 12 should NOT let them play in the championship game and whoever finishes second should go. He doesn't stop there he then says that NU or CU should not take up the Big 12 bowl spots either. I about drove off the fing road. Both sports talk shows down here sucks!

:facepalm::facepalm:

I heard it this morning too. I'm trying to give 610 a chance because last night was the final straw for me with 810. KK and his root for anyone playing NU drives me completely nutz - I end up getting home all pissed off. I don't know what I'm gonna do next year, they'll never talk about the 'Skers and/or B10.

I guess I'm gonna have to get XM or something . . . . .but I still want to get Royals and Chiefs news . . . . what to do

Either get a mart phone and listen to 1620 in the stream or download the podcast and listen to them on your mp3 player... :corndance

Fescoe is a piss poor shock jock. He just says things to get a rise out of people and the majority of his takes are absolute horse sh#t. He is a KU alum, btw.

I wont write off 610 as a whole though as they carry the Royals games and Nick Wright in the afternoon is superior to Keitzman although that isn't saying much.

Ditto on Nick Wright screw Keitzman

Ok this morning I'm driving to work and I'm listening to Bob Fiscoe on 610 down here in Kansas City. There talking about where the teams will finish in the Big 12. Then at the end he says that if NU or CU wins the North the Big 12 should NOT let them play in the championship game and whoever finishes second should go. He doesn't stop there he then says that NU or CU should not take up the Big 12 bowl spots either. I about drove off the fing road. Both sports talk shows down here sucks!

:facepalm::facepalm:

Actually he's correct. The Big 12 just passed a law that even if UT loses to OU, or loses all their games during the season, Texas still plays in the Conference championship game. Their opponent? Texas. Yes, the Big 12, Dodds and Beebe decided that no other Big 12 team is relevant except for Texas, so they will play a split-squad game to determine that Texas is the Conference Champion.

You know what is gonna suck for those guys? Even if we suck like most of them are claiming we will.. we'll still make a bowl and even if we're the weakest bowl team in the conference we're guaranteed to jump every single team not playing in a BCS game in the bowl selection. We could get blown out by MU,KU and someone else + Texas and STILL end up in the Cotton Bowl if we win the rest of the games. The Cotton bowl isn't going to turn down it's last shot to get Nebraska in there considering the teams that are generally going to end up their going forward don't travel worth a damn.

Interesting point blackshirt316. I too have been tiring of the KC radio stations down here. The people aren't very smart about anything. Something yesterday got me in a tizzy because they were missing the whole point but I've since blocked it from memory. My travel time is getting very long and boring lately. You can hear the hate and almost see their faces as they talk about Nebraska. I'm sure this thread will get longer tomorrow....