3 Worst Big 12 Fanbases?

sd'sker

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I definitely put my vote in for Mizzou. I have never been to a place like that. It is down right nasty. Some friends and I were walking to the game while being showered by cups and trash. It also seemed like their fans were born trying to pick a fight.

I heard about dozen stories like down in Columbia. Their visit in '08 left a sour taste in my mouth. As I was leaving the stadium some of their fans running by spitting on the group of fans i was walking with.

Im sure every fan base has a few bad apples. But with Mizzou I think its the whole damn tree thats bad. Atleast that perception, I get.

Going to KState game this year. I expect vulgar language and plastic beer bottles thrown at me. :ahhhhhhhh

• 2 weeks later...

I definitely put my vote in for Mizzou. I have never been to a place like that. It is down right nasty. Some friends and I were walking to the game while being showered by cups and trash. It also seemed like their fans were born trying to pick a fight.

I heard about dozen stories like down in Columbia. Their visit in '08 left a sour taste in my mouth. As I was leaving the stadium some of their fans running by spitting on the group of fans i was walking with.

Im sure every fan base has a few bad apples. But with Mizzou I think its the whole damn tree thats bad. Atleast that perception, I get.

Going to KState game this year. I expect vulgar language and plastic beer bottles thrown at me. :ahhhhhhhh

Perception is not always reality. Every year people get on here with some horror story and every year after a visit dozens of posters will say. "i went, had a good time. nothing happened to me or my car, or my friends, or my uncle's-cousins-brother-in-law".

As a MU fan, I have been embarrased by fellow fans behavior and actions before, but i have never in my life (22 years of going to games, gatherings, watch parties & tailgates) have I ever witnessed anything like what some people claim happen. And in the extreme versions of fightings, screaming, name calling and so on, it was brought on by both parties. I know some of you have a hard time believing that your husker bretheron could have possibly been party to a 3-4 hour 'mine is bigger than yours' type of contest. I have seen far more vulger NE fans that got nothing done and said to them despite their actions than those that meet someone not willing to put up with their crap. Chances are, if the events even ever happend, that the poor party that had it happen to them was not so innocent. In the case that it was 2,3 or 5 jack off's and an innocent party, i would like to personally appoligize and let you know that although we can complain, get a little rowdy, and sometimes drink to much, the majority of us are good folks and I am sorry that a fellow fan was a prick. I would gladly offer you a beer and some grub to make it up to you should we ever meet at a game.

Also, not a personal attack on anyone, but seriously, take off the girl panties. I have been to one game in Lincoln. I was yelled at, called names and mocked in a public resturant & smacked across the back repeatedly in an effort to start a fight. Yet i also meet 200 great husker fans and had a hell of a lot of fun. Do i let the actions of a combined 6-8 doucebags form my "husker fans are awful" opinion, or do I man-up and know that crap like that WILL sometimes happen to a visiting fan and chalk it up to young 20 somethings drunk on Homecoming? The people who offer me their tailgate, adult beverages, good conversation, advice on good places to go/visit/eat & good fan company during the game make a much larger impact on someone like me. For me, my opinion is based more on the good things that happen, instead of the bad.