How many Big 10 Husker road games will sell out in 2011?

NUance

... Nobody finds this a bit arrogant? Nebraska isn't the only fan base that sells out its stadium. It's not like the Shoe, the Big House, and Happy Valley are going to be ghost towns and then overtaken by hordes of Nebraska fans. Alumni of Ohio State have to enter in a competitive lottery just to be eligible to buy a maximum of two tickets for ONE game in the entire season. The Big Ten is not The Big 12 North. The only stadium that is easy to take over is Indiana; Illinois and Purdue a little harder. It is known that Indiana waited until an Ohio State at home game to shoot aerial photos for their recruiting/admissions photos.

It wasn’t my intent to be arrogant. Sorry if that’s how it came across. And I know that some Big 10 fan bases travel quite well. In particular, tOSU and Meechicken fans. But the Sea of Red is legendary in how it follows the Huskers. Ooops——there’s that arrogance again. :-)

Actually, I think there will be a LOT of visiting NU Red in the Big 10 stadiums for the first couple of seasons. There is a pent up demand to see the Huskers in places like Happy Valley, The Horseshoe and The Big House. But I doubt if Husker fans take over those three football shrines like we did at Neuter Dame a few years back.

Look at how much scarlet was in Michigan Stadium last year. This doesn't include what was outside still tailgating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E5gPKBD_tM

... Nobody finds this a bit arrogant? Nebraska isn't the only fan base that sells out its stadium. It's not like the Shoe, the Big House, and Happy Valley are going to be ghost towns and then overtaken by hordes of Nebraska fans. Alumni of Ohio State have to enter in a competitive lottery just to be eligible to buy a maximum of two tickets for ONE game in the entire season. The Big Ten is not The Big 12 North. The only stadium that is easy to take over is Indiana; Illinois and Purdue a little harder. It is known that Indiana waited until an Ohio State at home game to shoot aerial photos for their recruiting/admissions photos.

It wasn’t my intent to be arrogant. Sorry if that’s how it came across. And I know that some Big 10 fan bases travel quite well. In particular, tOSU and Meechicken fans. But the Sea of Red is legendary in how it follows the Huskers. Ooops——there’s that arrogance again. :-)

Actually, I think there will be a LOT of visiting NU Red in the Big 10 stadiums for the first couple of seasons. There is a pent up demand to see the Huskers in places like Happy Valley, The Horseshoe and The Big House. But I doubt if Husker fans take over those three football shrines like we did at Neuter Dame a few years back.

Look at how much scarlet was in Michigan Stadium last year. This doesn't include what was outside still tailgating.

You can thank Rich Rod for a lot of those seats filled by tOSU fans last November. Meechicken fans couldn’t bear to see their team get kicked to the curb in the Big House. For the third time in a month.

You can thank Rich Rod for a lot of those seats filled by tOSU fans last November. Meechicken fans couldn’t bear to see their team get kicked to the curb in the Big House. For the third time in a month.

The only difference between when scUM is good and when they're not, is that there's that many fans outside of the stadium when they're good. :D

Nope were arrogant SOB's and your Stadiums are ours now. Live it, love it, and like it. I'm betting there are already 10,000 husker fans pretending their OSU fans that have season tickets to Ohio State games :sarcasm

How can the best fans in college football be arrogant? sheesh. :sarcasm

Nope were arrogant SOB's and your Stadiums are ours now. Live it, love it, and like it. I'm betting there are already 10,000 husker fans pretending their OSU fans that have season tickets to Ohio State games :sarcasm

How can the best fans in college football be arrogant? sheesh. :sarcasm

If you find a reliable way to score Ohio State tickets, let me know. I'm a Buckeye, living in Columbus, OH, who also has numerous friends who work for the university, including 2 that physically work in the Athletic Department. I am also an Ohio State alum. I still can't get tickets reliably. :lol:

Champagna - Illinois is a basketball school, but they try. If you can, drive down and back the same day. Most hotels have two-night minimums and one night is more than sufficient in Champagna. Tailgating lot is good; people were friendly; only seemed to be a couple of downtown bars, but there were some decent restaurants. Been there twice, but would only go back for a big game. Stadium renovation was half done when I was there, but it looks like a good one. Impressive facade to the stadium.

First, its Champaign, not Champagna ;)

Re Downtown, alot has changed over the last couple years, lots of new bars and restaurants. They've made a big effort to grow the downtown area and make it alot more fun and social. If you're up for it, walk to campus and hit up a couple of those bars - most are your typical dive scummy college bars, but a couple are really cool. The completed renovations look great and hopefully in the next couple of years, the horseshoe renovations will start. All in all, the football usually sucks but its a great place to catch a game and hang out.

Champagna - Illinois is a basketball school, but they try. If you can, drive down and back the same day. Most hotels have two-night minimums and one night is more than sufficient in Champagna. Tailgating lot is good; people were friendly; only seemed to be a couple of downtown bars, but there were some decent restaurants. Been there twice, but would only go back for a big game. Stadium renovation was half done when I was there, but it looks like a good one. Impressive facade to the stadium.

Re Downtown, alot has changed over the last couple years, lots of new bars and restaurants. They've made a big effort to grow the downtown area and make it alot more fun and social. If you're up for it, walk to campus and hit up a couple of those bars - most are your typical dive scummy college bars, but a couple are really cool. The completed renovations look great and hopefully in the next couple of years, the horseshoe renovations will start. All in all, the football usually sucks but its a great place to catch a game and hang out.

Those are my favorite kind!

Don't think he was intentionally being arrogant, just acknowledging that we have one of the top travelling fan bases in the country (i would imagine you guys do as well).

Example:

Notre Dame in 2000

bigpix01.jpg

I think we also had about 20-30k people in So Cal for the USC game in 2006?

Those are my favorite kind!

Then you'll love Kam's on Daniel St. Its an institution on campus :cheers

Stadium Capacities: (hijacked from Nexis' thread)

Michigan = 109,901

Penn State = 107,282

Ohio State = 102,329

Nebraska = 81,067

Wisconsin = 80,321

Michigan State = 75,025

Iowa = 70,585

Illinois = 62,872

Purdue = 62,500

Minnesota = 50,805

Indiana = 50,100

Northwestern = 49,256

I think the first 4, probably 5, would be sellouts no matter what--with or without Nebraska. But I'm guessing the last 7 wouldn't sell out for all of their OOC games. Especially games in Oct/Nov if their bowl dreams have already been shattered. And it's cold.

Michigan = 109,901

Penn State = 107,282

Ohio State = 102,329

Nebraska = 81,067

Wisconsin = 80,321

Michigan State = 75,025

Iowa = 70,585

Illinois = 62,872

Purdue = 62,500

Minnesota = 50,805

Indiana = 50,100

Northwestern = 49,256

I think the first 4, probably 5, would be sellouts no matter what--with or without Nebraska. But I'm guessing the last 7 wouldn't sell out for all of their OOC games. Especially games in Oct/Nov if their bowl dreams have already been shattered. And it's cold.

Iowa and Michigan State sell out for conference games for sure, and Iowa probably even for OOC. The thing is, Nebraska wouldn't be an OOC game, and even if it was (like, if it was this year), it would sell out.

Michigan = 109,901

Penn State = 107,282

Ohio State = 102,329

Nebraska = 81,067

Wisconsin = 80,321

Michigan State = 75,025

Iowa = 70,585

Illinois = 62,872

Purdue = 62,500

Minnesota = 50,805

Indiana = 50,100

Northwestern = 49,256

Iowa and Michigan State sell out for conference games for sure, and Iowa probably even for OOC. The thing is, Nebraska wouldn't be an OOC game, and even if it was (like, if it was this year), it would sell out.

Yeah, I was using the OOC games as an example of teams playing in the Big 10 stadiums for the first time, or for the first time in many years.

Like Illinois last game of the season this year with Fresno State. What are the odds that game will sell out? Swap out Nebraska with Fresno State and I’ll guarantee Illini Memorial stadium is packed to capacity.