"Finish" bracelets

There is no doubt the :01 is motivational for Texas and Texas only. But as far as the word "Finish".

I would say it's a good choice.. Anybody remember Va Tech?? What happens if Niles and a couple of others finish a play or two against the Cyclones???? Just saying, can't be the worst motivator, and if it helps one iota I'm all for it..

Absolutely not. How can you be so quick to tell us what is on the players' minds? As much is it hurts us, we can't even begin to imagine how much is must suck for the players. Not just Texas. Virginia Tech, ISU. The :01 was a sickly ironic culmination of everything wrong with last year's season. You have to look a step further than the obvious. If it was intended for Texas only it would be burnt orange with a longhorn on saying "beat Texas 00:01."

Of all the things that pissed off our players and give them motivation, don't you think that one thing is probably at the top of the list? It symbolizes everything, not just wanted to get back at Texas.

Did you read my post? I can't find the part about saying "what is on our players minds." And then it seems to me you go on to say the same thing.

If one were to read something into this it could be. Why 2 bracelets? If the motivational factor is for Texas only it could all be said on one bracelet. Just like you said "top of the list". Damn bro, it sure looks like we are sayin' the same thing...

"Finish" to me and probably to the football team as well means that "If we had 'Finished' every game last year, we would have only lost 1 game to TTU." So its not just about Texas, its about losing by a close margin in several games last year that should have been wins if the team had just "Finished" the game.

Have a decent offense and even the TTU game might have been a win.

With a decent offense NU would have played Bama for all the marbles.

There is no doubt the :01 is motivational for Texas and Texas only. But as far as the word "Finish".

I would say it's a good choice.. Anybody remember Va Tech?? What happens if Niles and a couple of others finish a play or two against the Cyclones???? Just saying, can't be the worst motivator, and if it helps one iota I'm all for it..

I disagree that :01 is motivation for Texas only. And I would point to your 2nd comment as the reason I disagree. :01 and "Finish" are part of the same point, the same end.

it only takes a moment, :01 for Paul to drop those passes. just :01 for O'Hanlon to lose his focus and let the VTech WR slip past. etc, etc.

The "1:16" they had on the practice clock in 1994 is EXACTLY what :01 is this year. they had 1:16 to FINISH that game, ie "Un-finished Business". but that wasn't motivation just for just FSU in case the two teams happened to meet up again in '94. it was for the entire season!

so if one side of the bracelet is for Texas only, then it shouldn't be. :01 may have come from that game but its more of a simplified symbol of what went wrong vs ISU, VTech, TTech. Its the perfect representation that "Every 'second' counts".

they should have that :01 in their heads vs Missou, A&M, OSU-- EVERYONE next season. Not just Texas. they're in trouble next season if part of their motivational hardware only references just one game and not all the games. i don't believe that is the case though, Bo won't allow that.

BTW, i want a bracelet too. :koolaid2:

"Finish" to me and probably to the football team as well means that "If we had 'Finished' every game last year, we would have only lost 1 game to TTU." So its not just about Texas, its about losing by a close margin in several games last year that should have been wins if the team had just "Finished" the game.

Agreed. The season theme of "finish" is very similar '94 the "Unfinished Business" season theme. The bracelets are a constant reminder of just how special last year could've been.

How about a bracelet for Iowa State, Vtech, or TTech?

Sounds pretty sissy to me.

You are confused, Finish .01 applies to all games. Not just ones that involve Uterus and Walt Anderson.

ht

PS-I heard Mack Brown went to a clinic to learn clock management. I was hosted/taught by Les Miles. This is just a rumor though.