Respect for the Big 12

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Exactly how has the Big 12 wronged us? ...

Honestly, I can get why a lot of other fanbases or PO'd at us. It's one thing to leave for the Big Ten. It's another to leave and, on our way out, rub it in everyone's faces at every opportunity and make sure to tell everyone how much their conference sucks, their conference is about to collapse, everyone's lucky they bent over for Texas, etc, etc, etc.

I mean - whatever! We're going to the Big 10. It'll be good for us. How about we wish the Big 12 and its teams well and stop talking about how much we think it sucks and we don't have any respect for it. Otherwise, well, all I can say is don't let the door hit us on the way out...

And we wonder why the other schools that have left conferences (like CU) aren't getting the attention we are...

And we wonder why the other schools that have left conferences (like CU) aren't getting the attention we are...

You are deluding yourself if you think Colorado Fan is heading off to the Pac-10(12) with more respect for the Big 12 than Husker Fan.

You are deluding yourself if you think Missouri Fan would be pumping sunshine at the Big 12 if it were them leaving and not us.

You are deluding yourself if you think Texas Fan wouldn't be throwing us under the bus if they were the only team leaving.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Colorado isn't getting the attention we are because they're half the program we are. You know that. We're one of the elite college programs in the nation. If Michigan and Minnesota were leaving the Big 10, do you really think Minnesota would be getting the same press as Michigan?

I think Iowa State, Kansas, Texas A&M and Texas Tech generally came through all of this without losing a lot of respect. I suppose Colorado as well, all things considered, probably has a net gain in respect for being the first to leave and not really getting into it with anyone over it.

From someone with no affiliation to the Big XII: I have lost all respect. I used to think of the Big XII as a strong conference, just behind the Big Ten/SEC (and possibly right up with them). After everything that happened, I view them as a bunch of pretenders following behind one greedy school. It is kind of sad how much power Texas has, and it damages the reputation of all those involved. It's a good thing you guys got out of there when you did.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess what bothers me most about all this is the student athletes remaining in the Big 12 are not getting a fair shot to play at their highest level. The focus is on $ and power, not the kids. Are we not to focus on the benefits of university for the students?

What we have is a bunch of 60 year old Good 'ol Boys from Texas casuing all this grief to gain power and money at the kids expense.

Kind of has a familiar ring to it does it not?.........

RiverRunner