Commitment bailouts who never beat us

I'm not sure that most players have regrets. They make their choices and then make the best of them. Perhaps after their careers are over and they have time to reflect, they might think about it then. We as fans like to think that players like Josh Freeman regret their decisions, but the truth is he is a 1st round draft pick, a starting NFL QB, and makes more money than most of us. Trevor Robinson is starting for one of the most storied programs in college football history and earning a degree from a fine academic institution.

I applaud those that sign with the Huskers, but try not to think too much or have any ill will toward the "fish that got away".

I'm not sure that most players have regrets. They make their choices and then make the best of them. Perhaps after their careers are over and they have time to reflect, they might think about it then. We as fans like to think that players like Josh Freeman regret their decisions, but the truth is he is a 1st round draft pick, a starting NFL QB, and makes more money than most of us. Trevor Robinson is starting for one of the most storied programs in college football history and earning a degree from a fine academic institution.

I applaud those that sign with the Huskers, but try not to think too much or have any ill will toward the "fish that got away".

The only time that I have ill will toward a recruit we dont get is when they string us along, ie Tyler Gabbert. That kid tried to make a mockery out of us. I honestly think that when Pinkle rode in on his Helicopter that Tyler changed his mind right there.

Perhaps. But I think it's likely that the two you mentioned above--Shaun Mohler and Doug Rippy--both have second thoughts about bailing on NU to become Buffies. NU has had a need at LB the past couple of years, so they both would have been in the mix. That, and CU has pretty much sucked the whole time they've been there. Players like being on TV, going to bowl games and winning trophies. And playing in front of a crowd instead of empty seats. /jmho

Plenty of guys have to be feeling stupid about decommitting from NU right now. Obviously, you guys nailed Lynn, the Mizzou boys (don't forget Dan Hoch!), and the Colorado guys, but you forgot a few lesser known recruits. A DT a couple years back dropped us for A&M, I think his name was Eddie Brown, IIRC. We'll get a shot at making him regret this year. Also, I don't know if you can even count Admire, but that DE, Kevin Young, and Keeston Terry, who dropped us for KU a while back. Hmm, must have been something really intriguing about the fat man to make him go to KU. They're 0-1 against us so far. I also consider Gabb 0-1 against NU... I am NOT counting his frosh year when he got garbage behind Booger Boy.

Hoch played quite a bit as a freshman and was on the field alot in that 2008 game. And Blaine did play near the first part of the 4th quarter against your first string...count it or not...just saying.

Also, I do believe its more than a little egotistical and 100% foolishness to say that any MU players have to be feeling stupid about their decision. Nebraska has done nothing that MU hasnt done during that same period and they have only played half their eligibility.

That statement could be true in a few years or not. It is way too early to throwing some names out there, (unless your talking about CU, then you are probably right already)

Hoch played quite a bit as a freshman and was on the field alot in that 2008 game. And Blaine did play near the first part of the 4th quarter against your first string...count it or not...just saying.

Also, I do believe its more than a little egotistical and 100% foolishness to say that any MU players have to be feeling stupid about their decision. Nebraska has done nothing that MU hasn’t done during that same period and they have only played half their eligibility.

That statement could be true in a few years or not. It is way too early to throwing some names out there, (unless your talking about CU, then you are probably right already)

That isn't exactly true. We did beat one of the two big teams from the south, something Missouri hasn't done since 1998.