Do yourself a favor

Do yourself a bigger favor and download the free home version of Avast antivirus and you will never have to scan you computer again. There is nothing better, in 4 years it has stopped everything.

http://www.avast.com/lp-internet-security-ppc2?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=anti%20virus%20avast&utm_content=comparison%20page%20with%20offer&utm_campaign=Y%20-%20US%20-%20NAM%20-%20Avast%20-%20PS%20-%20Branded%20-%20A

I'd try it, but it won't let me download it. I have Vista and it's telling me I can't download this program, which makes no sense.

You really are an Iowan aren't you(LOL)? Try the section in the middle of the page where it says "Windows Vista and Windows 7 users, try the Windows Vista and Windows 7 edition of the scanner."

Do yourself a bigger favor and download the free home version of Avast antivirus and you will never have to scan you computer again. There is nothing better, in 4 years it has stopped everything.

http://www.avast.com/lp-internet-security-ppc2?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=anti%20virus%20avast&utm_content=comparison%20page%20with%20offer&utm_campaign=Y%20-%20US%20-%20NAM%20-%20Avast%20-%20PS%20-%20Branded%20-%20A

This fixes a lot more than viruses(and I could give you a laundry list of things that I've had to fix for people Avast doesn't find-but the same goes for most 'traditional' virus scanners).

I knew it WC is actually Billy Gates, the nerdy gazillionaire; plz give me some moneyz

the OneCare scanner only works with IE 32 bit, I tried it with Firefox, Opera, Safari and no go

but it does work with 7 64bit just not the IE 64bit

GBR

Ha-if that's the case, somebody owes me A LOT of money!

You can also give this a shot http://www.microsoft.com/Security_Essentials/ but I believe that it's strictly anti-virus, where the one care app was originally for sale and fixed all kinds of registry issues and cleaned up other junk. I don't think it's been updated in about a year, but it's still better than a lot of the stuff on the market that is for sale or free.

I have a client with a ton of screwed up machines that I've run everything on the planet on, and there is a lot of stuff that only Onecare removes. Go figure-maybe M$ really does write these viruses.

There is no antivirus software that gives you that kind of security and peace of mind. A/V programs arm you with some defenses, but peace of mind is the worst thing you can have from a security standpoint.

In addition to your A/V software, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is considered one of the best tools to have. Nothing saves you from everything though. Got hit by virut a while back and pretty much had to give up everything.

The Microsoft anti-spyware scan they periodically release is supposed to be prtty darn good as well.

I have a client with a ton of infected machines, and as good as Malwarebytes is hyped up to be, I'll flat out say that it's just as big of a piece of sh!t as everything else out there.

http://www.greatis.com/unhackme/download.htm on the other hand is incredibly good if you're already infected-you can send them log files to analyze, and they'll send back a customized "fix" and instructions on how to run it with their app. As far as virus/trojan removal goes, this is by far the best thing that I've ever seen.

There is no antivirus software that gives you that kind of security and peace of mind. A/V programs arm you with some defenses, but peace of mind is the worst thing you can have from a security standpoint.

In addition to your A/V software, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is considered one of the best tools to have. Nothing saves you from everything though. Got hit by virut a while back and pretty much had to give up everything.

The Microsoft anti-spyware scan they periodically release is supposed to be prtty darn good as well.

That's cool, just letting people know it's out there. I do scan mine every now and then, it's came up clean everytime since I started using it. It's there if you want to use it. Have a good day.

What's your opinion of HiJack This?

It's awesome IF (BIG IF) you really, really know what you are doing-but it's also really dangerous in the wrong hands. It's a great way to remove pretty much anything-or render your computer unbootable.

I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who wasn't a very serious techy or working under the advice of one.

That's cool, just letting people know it's out there. I do scan mine every now and then, it's came up clean everytime since I started using it. It's there if you want to use it. Have a good day.

Yea - I'm sorry. Didn't mean to come off as really critical. I used to use avast. I switched over to AVG. Not sure really which one's better.