ESPN in Lincoln tomorrow/Wed for "50 States"

Dont forget to stop by the stadium tomorrow afternoon for ESPN's “50 States in 50 Days” .

The Nebraska stop will take place outside Memorial Stadium in conjunction with a Nebraska football practice. The ESPN set will be located outside of East Stadium in front of Gate 20, with the segment expected to be taped in the mid-afternoon hours. The taped segments will air on ESPN’s 5 p.m. SportsCenter on Wednesday evening. Jay Harris will anchor ESPN’s coverage from Memorial Stadium.

Husker fans are encouraged to come out to be part of the festivities. Please wear red, be loud and show the nation why Nebraska fans are the best in all of college football.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB...0&ATCLID=178857

Represent!! :horns2

Hard to say, especially when they make the pinpoint statement of "mid-afternoon". I imagine theres gonna be a lot going on around the stadium all afternoon tho, so if you have the time I would just hang out down there and call it a day. Damn I wish I was a student again.. <_<

they did a mini-coverage part on ESPNews' The Hotlist today. It didn't involve Memorial Stadium (that's probably going to be on Sportcenter). but the ESPNews guy did chat with Tommie Frazier.

One of the first questions was how a recruit from Florida ended up at Nebraska.

Tommie said he was recruited by Kevin Steele, now the LB coach at FSU. TF said that NU really recruited his family more than just him. They told his parents that they would make sure he graduated, and they'd take care of him. and everything they said would happen for him at Nebraska, ended up happening.

a couple gems- not direct quotes mind you but maybe you can get an idea:

Q-- "You're now the head coach at uh, how do you pronounce this??"

Tommie-- "Doane"

:yeah

Q-- "Nebraska fired a 10-3 (sic) coach... are Husker fans spoiled?"

Tommie-- "They're used to winning, so they have a right to be spoiled. And there was a lot more behind the coaching changes than just a win/loss record."

amazingly, ESPN is the only place where Solich went 10-3 in his final season.

granted, he probably would have ended up beating Michigan State in the bowl game anyway, but the fact is he was 9-3. its not a huge error but its still annoying that ESPN can never seem get that minor detail corrected.

they did a mini-coverage part on ESPNews' The Hotlist today. It didn't involve Memorial Stadium (that's probably going to be on Sportcenter). but the ESPNews guy did chat with Tommie Frazier.

One of the first questions was how a recruit from Florida ended up at Nebraska.

Tommie said he was recruited by Kevin Steele, now the LB coach at FSU. TF said that NU really recruited his family more than just him. They told his parents that they would make sure he graduated, and they'd take care of him. and everything they said would happen for him at Nebraska, ended up happening.

a couple gems- not direct quotes mind you but maybe you can get an idea:

Q-- "You're now the head coach at uh, how do you pronounce this??"

Tommie-- "Doane"

:yeah

Q-- "Nebraska fired a 10-3 (sic) coach... are Husker fans spoiled?"

Tommie-- "They're used to winning, so they have a right to be spoiled. And there was a lot more behind the coaching changes than just a win/loss record."

amazingly, ESPN is the only place where Solich went 10-3 in his final season.

granted, he probably would have ended up beating Michigan State in the bowl game anyway, but the fact is he was 9-3. its not a huge error but its still annoying that ESPN can never seem get that minor detail corrected.

ESPN doesn't care enough about NU sports to actually dig into to find all the details of that ordeal. I swear the only tag they have about Solich is "he was fired after going 10-3". Doesn't surprise me though.

ESPN always seems to reair the 50 states segment on their nightly broadcast of sports center. Like Jake said I think it is at 9 or following the game if there is one. Doesn't ESPN usually have wed. night baseball. Sometimes those games can take a while. But that is when I have been watching the series. Some decent ones, some crappy ones. Hopefully the Neb. one will be a good one.

I don't know if there was more earlier in the show but come one. Two minutes about the fullback is all we get. That is bush league if you ask me. Crap the freakin Dyersville, Iowa story was longer then that. They spent more time doing the warm up for tomorrows show.

I'm guessing they'll have a longer segment during the later SC, at least I hope so.