John Blake under investigation at UNC

uh oh...Blake had a rep as a shady recruiter when he was here

Shady? I must have missed that one. or are we editing history now? He had a rep as one of the best recruiters in the country but I don't remember anyone, for or against Nebraska, accusing Blake of being "shady".

I do recall allegations from Sooner fans of his destroying recruiting info in anger after he was fired. but that has nothing to do with what he's being accused of at UNC.

B Jack was listed as the #5 back at seasons beginning. I seriously doubt agents were beating down the door for his contract at the time. It was way into mid season before he even emerged (because Callahan was an idiot). Then he went pro. Probably no new house and car yet!

I think it was more like #4.

To be clear it was more like the depth chart read #1 - Marlon Lucky / Cody Glenn, #2 - Kenny Wilson / Brandon Jackson.

He was coming back from injury as well. In any case that year we were supposed to have a 4-headed monster at tailback. We ran a committee for a while but he eventually emerged from the group and grabbed hold of the role.

These things happen though: players emerge and take the role. I don't understand why this is pinned on Callahan. We had 4 good backs, played them all and then found one who became the definitive starter and rode him through the rest of the year. What's so uncommon about that?

I disagree. BJ was kicking ass in practice way before he got his chance to shine in games, and BC didn't ride him the rest of the year. BC yanked BJ when he got a little banged-up but could have still gone so he could keep his prize Lucky happy. IMO we might have gotten another season of BJax if not for BC's favoritism. BC did play favorites, look at Beck having his shirt burned to go 1-6 including a pick. Like Ganz couldn't have done that? Look at our how BC wouldn't give Ganz a shot til Keller couldn't go anymore.

B Jack was listed as the #5 back at seasons beginning. I seriously doubt agents were beating down the door for his contract at the time. It was way into mid season before he even emerged (because Callahan was an idiot). Then he went pro. Probably no new house and car yet!

I think it was more like #4.

To be clear it was more like the depth chart read #1 - Marlon Lucky / Cody Glenn, #2 - Kenny Wilson / Brandon Jackson.

He was coming back from injury as well. In any case that year we were supposed to have a 4-headed monster at tailback. We ran a committee for a while but he eventually emerged from the group and grabbed hold of the role.

These things happen though: players emerge and take the role. I don't understand why this is pinned on Callahan. We had 4 good backs, played them all and then found one who became the definitive starter and rode him through the rest of the year. What's so uncommon about that?

I disagree. BJ was kicking ass in practice way before he got his chance to shine in games, and BC didn't ride him the rest of the year. BC yanked BJ when he got a little banged-up but could have still gone so he could keep his prize Lucky happy. IMO we might have gotten another season of BJax if not for BC's favoritism. BC did play favorites, look at Beck having his shirt burned to go 1-6 including a pick. Like Ganz couldn't have done that? Look at our how BC wouldn't give Ganz a shot til Keller couldn't go anymore.

I remember it the same as zoogies. Jackson was pretty much the 4th string, although it was described by various sources as 1A/1B/1C/1D and 1A/1B/2A/2B, depending on whose article you were reading or whose show you were listening to. Lucky was the headliner, followed by Glenn/Wilson/Jackson, pretty much in that order. It wasn't until the season got underway that BJ came to the forefront, and I'm thinking it wasn't until the Texas game, or the game before, that he started being the 1A guy.

uh oh...Blake had a rep as a shady recruiter when he was here

Shady? I must have missed that one. or are we editing history now? He had a rep as one of the best recruiters in the country but I don't remember anyone, for or against Nebraska, accusing Blake of being "shady".

I do recall allegations from Sooner fans of his destroying recruiting info in anger after he was fired. but that has nothing to do with what he's being accused of at UNC.

A friend in the media was hearing things Blake's last year here