Freedom of Information Act

Listening to USC right now and they're reading emails obtained from Dan Beebe through the freedom of informatino act. The email they're focusing on is one Beebe THOUGHT he was sending to remaining Big XII teams. He begins his email with "I'm not sending this to Colorado or Nebraska for obvious reasons" yet the email was, in fact, sent to both schools. The kicker is, in this email Beebe explains that the loss of the two schools WILL NOT hurt the conference, and in fact may make things BETTER financially for everyone left in the conference. Assuming Nebraska and Colorado have lawyers worth their weight in salt, they should have no problem convincing a judge they do not owe exit fees. Thank you, Mr. Beebe, for reminding us how lucky we are to be getting out of a conference run by someone as incompetent as you

I can't find a link to the email, but if anyone does, please post

it's also worth mentioning, the guys were saying the wording in the big xii rules for exit fees states exit fees are necessary when losing the school is a detriment to the conference. if you can't read it, the last sentences of the first paragraph says: ... I have been informed that the economic situation would not change much, if at all, with the departures. In fact, we expect the departures could lead to a greater share for the remaining schools.

it's also worth mentioning, the guys were saying the wording in the big xii rules for exit fees states exit fees are necessary when losing the school is a detriment to the conference. if you can't read it, the last sentences of the first paragraph says: ... I have been informed that the economic situation would not change much, if at all, with the departures. In fact, we expect the departures could lead to a greater share for the remaining schools.

This is basically the case that several people laid out for UNL to pay nothing in exit fees. I could search for the thread talking about it but I'm not going to. This is the hard copy of what we already knew had been said, I believe.

Listening to USC right now and they're reading emails obtained from Dan Beebe through the freedom of informatino act. The email they're focusing on is one Beebe THOUGHT he was sending to remaining Big XII teams. He begins his email with "I'm not sending this to Colorado or Nebraska for obvious reasons" yet the email was, in fact, sent to both schools. The kicker is, in this email Beebe explains that the loss of the two schools WILL NOT hurt the conference, and in fact may make things BETTER financially for everyone left in the conference. Assuming Nebraska and Colorado have lawyers worth their weight in salt, they should have no problem convincing a judge they do not owe exit fees. Thank you, Mr. Beebe, for reminding us how lucky we are to be getting out of a conference run by someone as incompetent as you

Considering Nebraska has a tenured law professor as it's Chancellor, I think they'll be fine haha

Considering Nebraska has a tenured law professor as it's Chancellor, I think they'll be fine haha

Who is also the person who stated it would be inappropriate for us to pay a penalty, with everything that's gone on.

It's possible we'll back down, pay a nominal fee, and walk away quietly. But I would so very dearly love for that steel that we all know is inside Osborne to show itself once again and drag this thing through the muddy courts. Because then there will be no place for the Dan Beebes and the Deloss Doddses of the world to hide their shenanigans - and that goes for several other schools in this soon-to-be-defunct conference.

I get this mental image sometimes of our Chancellor staring down Beebe and Dodds, lawsuit in hand, biting off the words, "What you have to ask yourselves, punks, is, 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do you, punks?"

In that daydream I refer to him as Dirty Harvey. :corndance

• Fire 1