BYU going Independent?

Fuzzy

Apparently BYU is going trying to go Independent, or maybe leaving to get into the WAC.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5473151

Now, my question is why?

Why in the world would BYU want to leave the MWC for the WAC. MWC gained a huge addition by adding Boise State, no more can people say Boise State is good because they are in a soft conference, they now have to fight TCU and BYU, since Utah is going to the Pac-10. If BYU is leaving because Utah is gone, so what. Suck it up and enjoy the presence of Boise State. To me, when Boise State left the WAC, i saw no one in that conference that would be a consistent Top 25 team, it would be like the MAC of the west. But no, BYU wants in. Once again I ask why? Why trade a conference that will soon have ties to the BCS once the Big 12 eventually falls apart, for a conference that everyone will question your prestige because of the weak opponents you play ever year much like Boise State. Here is a hint BYU, keep in your conference and have faith that MWC will get better over time, or go Independent with Notre Dame, but stay out of the WAC, the resting place for the old Big 12.

I blame Steve Pederson. If he'd have just hired a decent coach then TO would've stayed away and the big12 would still have us in it because we all know that secretly Tom Osborne has a grudge against Texas for taking away the oklahoma rivalry and losing to them in the 96 CCG. Did I forget anything? Oh yeah texas rules.

Fresno has accepted, I hope Nevada goes along with this as well. Maybe this will be enough to keep BYU in the MWC.

They did. I posted it on my status on the main page a little bit ago. I think this may force BYU to stay with the MWC