ESPN Picks up on Nebraska media issues

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=5475049

The ban on reporters came after athletic department spokesman Keith Mann told reporters this week not to use the open period of practice to compile injury lists.

Several media outlets, citing eyewitnesses, reported Tuesday night that linebacker Sean Fisher was taken off the field with a leg injury and there were a number of fights at practice.

Mann said Pelini told him he's upset with reporters who call players, players' families or high school coaches to get injury updates.

"He wants to be the voice on injury news," Mann said.

Pelini also has banned guests from practices indefinitely. Typically, former players and members of current players' families, among other people, are allowed to watch practices.

Mann said Pelini suspects some guests have leaked injury news to reporters or posted accounts of what they've seen in practice on Internet message boards.

Yeah, I believe he's been here all week. Hopefully Forde got enough info on Monday and Tuesday, because I doubt he stays 'til Saturday. But yeah, Forde sounds like an a** hat. I heard a funny story about him from Big XII Media Days:

I guess that the Texas contingent at Big XII media days is ridiculous. The media gets it--Texas shows up late, brings more players, etc. Most Nebraska reporters can't even get an interview with Texas players. Additionally, some guy will come around and tap you on the shoulder and say, "Mack will see you now." At that point you're led up to Mack's suite where you have a 1 on 1 conversation with him. The majority of the reporters (outside of Texas) either don't get the invite or have said no in the past. The feeling is that it's pretty weak to control the message like that and you should have to face the same firing line as anyone else. The whole thing sounds somewhat "mafia style" anyway...

Well, the point is--Pat Forde was definitely spotted coming out of Mack Brown's private chambers. So much for journalistic integrity, Pat Forde.

Yeah, I believe he's been here all week. Hopefully Forde got enough info on Monday and Tuesday, because I doubt he stays 'til Saturday. But yeah, Forde sounds like an a** hat. I heard a funny story about him from Big XII Media Days:

I guess that the Texas contingent at Big XII media days is ridiculous. The media gets it--Texas shows up late, brings more players, etc. Most Nebraska reporters can't even get an interview with Texas players. Additionally, some guy will come around and tap you on the shoulder and say, "Mack will see you now." At that point you're led up to Mack's suite where you have a 1 on 1 conversation with him. The majority of the reporters (outside of Texas) either don't get the invite or have said no in the past. The feeling is that it's pretty weak to control the message like that and you should have to face the same firing line as anyone else. The whole thing sounds somewhat "mafia style" anyway...

Well, the point is--Pat Forde was definitely spotted coming out of Mack Brown's private chambers. So much for journalistic integrity, Pat Forde.

I wonder if Forde had any of Brown's feces still on his nose when he left Brown's suite?

I wonder if Forde had any of Brown's feces still on his nose when he left Brown's suite?

a true "brown" noser. eh, eh? :corndance

a true "brown" noser. eh, eh? :corndance

I heard he was seen wiping his chin when he walked out. Something about the money shot he was asking about and mack said this is going to be a private interview :corndance