OK look at it this way: would you rather play Michigan or Penn State

Rivalries are formed they are not forced :boxosoap .

:yeah:yeah:yeah

NU fans always complained when CU would call their game against us a "rivalry".

But...I like Iowa as the "potential" rivalry for reasons already given.

Please tell me you weren't one of the fans that claimed CU wasn't our Rival (which they weren't in my opinion) because if so then you wanting Iowa would absolutely make no sense haha.

As for me I have been a proponent of playing PSU ever since I started watching college football. They are our best potential Rival (and I capitalize the word "rival" meaning our main #1 rivalry, unlike a second tier rivalry), because they share a fairly even amount of prestige as us, Penn State doesn't share a reciprocal main Rivalry with anyone else, its a very balanced series, and both of us have pushed each other out of a national title. Not to mention both JoePa and Dr. Tom's great history.

Personally I believe that if Penn State is not in our division then they in fact will be in our cross-over game, but if they are Michigan will be our cross-over game. I would rather have them in our division to raise the game's importance, but I'd be ok with Michigan in our conference too (although then Michigan State might get screwed and not get to play Michigan, unless they come to our division, but they'll have to take out either Wisconsin and MInnesota and break up the triangle of hate).

Personally I see that it would be in everyones best interest to keep Michigan, MSU and OSU in the same division, keep the Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota, and Nebraska all together, and add PSu with us to balance the four major programs. Indiana and Purdue need to stay together too

That would be the ideal split EXCEPT putting Penn State in with Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota and Wisconsin sure does put a lot of travel stress on them. Way too much I expect.

If Osborne can't deliver Penn State as your main rival and last game of the season, what good is he?

Forgive me my friend, but asking "What good is Osborne" to a bunch of Husker fans is not the brightest question.

It'd be like trying to convince a Michigan fan that Bo Schembechler wasn't a qualified coach :laughpound:rollin

Osborne is kinda seen as infalible here, what ever the man says or does goes without question

Catholics have the infalibility of the Pope, we have the infalibility of Dr. Tom

I suppose a happy face after that comment would have been appropriate. Just meant that I thought he could do it if he wanted to. Looks like you guys are pretty ambivalent about the whole thing. It's a violaton one of the fundamental laws of the universe for some of us.

I don't mind cracks about Rich Rod or Bo either for that matter. And this Brandon guy is way off base on this one.

Who is your biggest existing rival in the Big 10? Iowa? Wisconsin? Michigan? or is it Penn State? I would have thought it is Penn State.

The way it looks now Ohio State and Michigan will be in separate divisions and Ohio State and Penn State will be in the same division. That leaves Michigan and Nebraska for the other division.

If you guys have any preference, now is the time to make your opinions heard before the decision is made. Delany is saying that fan input is important and seems to be allowing some wiggle room. This is not written in stone.

If Osborne can't deliver Penn State as your main rival and last game of the season, what good is he?

If you agree you might consider writing or emailing Osborne and Delany and expressing an opinion. Otherwise, nevermind.

Your post seems to have an underlying motive. This post sounds like you want Husker fans to voice their displeasure so that you can maintain your end of the season rivalry with Ohio State. Correct me if Im wrong. :rollin

Im perfectly fine being in the same division as Michigan and having OSU and PSU in the other division. NU vs Iowa could be and should be a mid season match up. They are not on the same level as Michigan, Nebraska, Penn State, and Ohio State.

Yes indeed that is what I want. I would be happy if we play Nebraska every year and look forward to doing so, but not at the expense of losing the UM/OSU matchup on the last week of the regular season. Any support from you guys in that regard would be sincerely appreciated. That is not my ulterior motive. That is my main motive.

I really dont think Husker fans care if UM vs OSU is preserved as the final game of the season. You trying to petition us to help you out is kind of ridiculous if you ask me. If we get Michigan at the end of the season, Fine. If we get Penn State, Fine. If we get Iowa (Id rather not), Fine. Michigan fans lose Ohio State and they get pissed, rightfully so. But dont try to get Husker fans to do your dirty work. Were not gonna come into this conference looking like the picky and bitter ones.

Osborne surely isnt going to go asking to get Penn State at the end of the year. What good would that do us? Make it so that Michigan and Ohio State preserve their game...PLEASE, YOU MUST BE JOKING.

How Funny would it be if somehow Michigan and Ohio State got split in seperate divisions and Michigan got to play Iowa at the end of the season. LOL

• Fire 1

Michigan for me. I think Penn State could be an easier game, but then there's the geography. That said I have no stake in it personally as I'm far enough away it doesn't really matter. But Michigan seems like the more interesting game. Personally I'd rather Mich/OSU/PSU all be in a separate division. Give Nebraska/Wisconsin/Iowa a chance to hold up their end of the bargain.

In this sense I'm not a huge fan of splitting up Mich and OSU, either. I think they are two of the premier programs in the league, and what Oklahoma and Texas have works out quite well.

• Fire 1

I would prefer to see the Michigan/OSU game stay intact, first of all.

But if you're giving me a choice of which existing Big 10 team to play the day after Thanksgiving, I'm choosing Michigan every time. They have one hell of a tradition there, and although they're down now, they won't be down for long.

PSU or OSU would be acceptable, but with Penn State you have the travel time to consider, which is just about a deal-breaker for me. That's a long commute.

I'd say either Michigan or PSU, it wouldn't matter to me, but I just feel that Michigan is OSU territory so hopefully PSU.

As a matter of fact, anything EXCEPT Iowa. They've been doing good lately, but having a rivalry with that team for me would be like sitting and staring at a small chunk of styrofoam for three straight days. I'd rather have a neo rivalry with Northwestern than Iowa. And I'm serious.

If they do have the Michigan-OSU split will the divisions look like this?

West

Nebraska

Michigan

Michigan State

Iowa

Wisconsin

Minnesota

East

Ohio State

Penn State

Illinois

Northwestern

Purdue

Indiana

I don't think so because you need to fairly spread out the 2nd tier teams like Wisconsin, MSU, and Iowa (which would all be in our division in this split).

Our division would be way harder if it was structured like this, but hey this is just my opinion.

Not Iowa. They arent good enough. It would be like Colorado who is also not good enough. I dont mean to disrespect Iowa, but they dont have the historically great program.

There are lose rivalries with both Penn St and Michigan. Id like either one of those two with no lean either way.

Couldn't have said it much better than that

I'd say either Michigan or PSU, it wouldn't matter to me, but I just feel that Michigan is OSU territory so hopefully PSU.

As a matter of fact, anything EXCEPT Iowa. They've been doing good lately, but having a rivalry with that team for me would be like sitting and staring at a small chunk of styrofoam for three straight days. I'd rather have a neo rivalry with Northwestern than Iowa. And I'm serious.

A little overboard (Northwestern should sure as hell not be our rival), but yes the man is right! If geography was the sole concern for rivalries, then why the hell is Kansas or KSU or ISU not our main Rival?! Because the levels of prestige and the eveness (I know not a word) of the series are so imbalanced.

Rivalries are formed they are not forced :boxosoap .

:yeah:yeah:yeah

NU fans always complained when CU would call their game against us a "rivalry".

But...I like Iowa as the "potential" rivalry for reasons already given.

Please tell me you weren't one of the fans that claimed CU wasn't our Rival (which they weren't in my opinion) because if so then you wanting Iowa would absolutely make no sense haha.

As for me I have been a proponent of playing PSU ever since I started watching college football. They are our best potential Rival (and I capitalize the word "rival" meaning our main #1 rivalry, unlike a second tier rivalry), because they share a fairly even amount of prestige as us, Penn State doesn't share a reciprocal main Rivalry with anyone else, its a very balanced series, and both of us have pushed each other out of a national title. Not to mention both JoePa and Dr. Tom's great history.

Personally I believe that if Penn State is not in our division then they in fact will be in our cross-over game, but if they are Michigan will be our cross-over game. I would rather have them in our division to raise the game's importance, but I'd be ok with Michigan in our conference too (although then Michigan State might get screwed and not get to play Michigan, unless they come to our division, but they'll have to take out either Wisconsin and MInnesota and break up the triangle of hate).

Personally I see that it would be in everyones best interest to keep Michigan, MSU and OSU in the same division, keep the Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota, and Nebraska all together, and add PSu with us to balance the four major programs. Indiana and Purdue need to stay together too

That would be the ideal split EXCEPT putting Penn State in with Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota and Wisconsin sure does put a lot of travel stress on them. Way too much I expect.

True but athletics pump millions of dollars into universities, flying isn't impossible. I do understand this point though

Who is your biggest existing rival in the Big 10? Iowa? Wisconsin? Michigan? or is it Penn State? I would have thought it is Penn State.

The way it looks now Ohio State and Michigan will be in separate divisions and Ohio State and Penn State will be in the same division. That leaves Michigan and Nebraska for the other division.

If you guys have any preference, now is the time to make your opinions heard before the decision is made. Delany is saying that fan input is important and seems to be allowing some wiggle room. This is not written in stone.

If you agree you might consider writing or emailing Osborne and Delany and expressing an opinion. Otherwise, nevermind.

Your post seems to have an underlying motive. This post sounds like you want Husker fans to voice their displeasure so that you can maintain your end of the season rivalry with Ohio State. Correct me if Im wrong. :rollin

Im perfectly fine being in the same division as Michigan and having OSU and PSU in the other division. NU vs Iowa could be and should be a mid season match up. They are not on the same level as Michigan, Nebraska, Penn State, and Ohio State.

Yes indeed that is what I want. I would be happy if we play Nebraska every year and look forward to doing so, but not at the expense of losing the UM/OSU matchup on the last week of the regular season. Any support from you guys in that regard would be sincerely appreciated. That is not my ulterior motive. That is my main motive.

I really dont think Husker fans care if UM vs OSU is preserved as the final game of the season. You trying to petition us to help you out is kind of ridiculous if you ask me. If we get Michigan at the end of the season, Fine. If we get Penn State, Fine. If we get Iowa (Id rather not), Fine. Michigan fans lose Ohio State and they get pissed, rightfully so. But dont try to get Husker fans to do your dirty work. Were not gonna come into this conference looking like the picky and bitter ones.

Osborne surely isnt going to go asking to get Penn State at the end of the year. What good would that do us? Make it so that Michigan and Ohio State preserve their game...PLEASE, YOU MUST BE JOKING.

How Funny would it be if somehow Michigan and Ohio State got split in seperate divisions and Michigan got to play Iowa at the end of the season. LOL

Point is YOU STILL GET TO KEEP YOUR RIVALRY!!! We didn't...

Most ignorant statement ever.

Yeah no kidding. I just don't understand this guys thinking. Does he really think that Husker fans and people inside the athletic department are so set on Penn State as our main rival that Tom Osborne is going to go out of his way to make it happen. I dont think so. This guy is just looking out himself and could care less what happens with us. Ive seen some of his other posts since joining and most of them talk about how he is mad that OSU and MU might be split up. Not too sure why he is on our board complaining and trying to get us to do his dirty work.

Penn State - not soo much. Firstly, travel during Thanksgiving weekend stinks. No way I want to set foot on a plane that weekend. I would much prefer to drive to an away game. Especially when considering distances - and Penn State is a long ways away... And did I mention how faaaaaar away they are?

Michigan for me. I think Penn State could be an easier game, but then there's the geography. That said I have no stake in it personally as I'm far enough away it doesn't really matter.

PSU or OSU would be acceptable, but with Penn State you have the travel time to consider, which is just about a deal-breaker for me. That's a long commute.

First, I agree with Knap that I don't want to see Michigan/OSU broken up. It's one of the two or three top rivalries in college football. But I disagree about the geography of Penn State/NU being bad. Sure, it's great if *most* of our games are close by. But there is a huge NU fanbase back east that would love this game. Quite a few just in Washington D.C. alone. Also a lot in Ohio, which is within a day's drive of Happy Valley. The Penn State game would satisfy their demand for NU games.

ALso, I think playing in Pennsylvania would help out our east coast recruiting a LOT.

Penn State - not soo much. Firstly, travel during Thanksgiving weekend stinks. No way I want to set foot on a plane that weekend. I would much prefer to drive to an away game. Especially when considering distances - and Penn State is a long ways away... And did I mention how faaaaaar away they are?

Michigan for me. I think Penn State could be an easier game, but then there's the geography. That said I have no stake in it personally as I'm far enough away it doesn't really matter.

First, I agree with Knap that I don't want to see Michigan/OSU broken up. It's one of the two or three top rivalries in college football. But I disagree about the geography of Penn State/NU being bad. Sure, it's great if *most* of our games are close by. But there is a huge NU fanbase back east that would love this game. Quite a few just in Washington D.C. alone. Also a lot in Ohio, which is within a day's drive of Happy Valley. The Penn State game would satisfy their demand for NU games.

ALso, I think playing in Pennsylvania would help out our east coast recruiting a LOT.

Exactly, New Jersey, Pen, and the Virginia area all will open up a little more, simply because our name becomes more familiar. It's a good marketing ploy for us, although that is not the main reason I want this as a possible rivalry.