The Big House

Ratt Mhule

It hurts me to say this only because Nebraska plays the same day, but I will be tailgating at the Big House on Sept. 4 for their game against UConn. I have a buddy that lives in Michigan and I am going on vacation to visit him. I told him I will be wearing my Husker gear to the game since they play the same day and I love my Huskers and need to support them. Anyways, the purpose of this thread is to give an update when I get back as to how the fans treated me in my Husker apparel for anyone that is interested in going to the Big House for future NU/UM games. I will let everyone know if, for the most part, they were rude or respectful. Im sure it won't change anyones mind about going to future games there, but it might just be a preview to what we fans can expect from them in the future. My friend said as long as I don't wear OSU apparel it will be fine, but we shall see. To be continued... GBR :throwdabones1:

I'd rather go to The Big House than watch the W. Kentucky game on pay-per-view, too. If I were you I wouldn't feel bad about this at all.

What really sucks is having tickets to the W. Kentucky game and not being able to go. And the Idaho game. And neither time will I be going to another game. Family obligations.

• 2 weeks later...

Alrite, back from the trip to Ann Arbor. Wore my Nebraska shirt. My friend from Nebraska didn't wear his and was mad I wore mine because I got many comments. I told him because Im a true Husker fan and support MY team, not anyone else's. He said well we play Western Kentucky, who cares? :facepalm: Oh well, anyway, like I said I got quite a few comments about my shirt. Surprising since we weren't even playing them. Most comments were joking around about my shirt, but as you would find anywhere, there were some jacka** comments. One guy said f*** the conhuskers! To this I said, "sorry your mad about a BC team beating you guys, it must be hard to swallow." One guy said we are going to poop on you guys next year...whatever that means? I got many people say welcome and very friendly. Met a few Michigan fans at a bar and they were very nice and invited us to a post-game tailgate party. Complimented the tailgaters on their fanbase and told them they need to come to Lincoln as they will most likely be invited to tailgate with some Husker fans. UConn fans seemed to be treated decently also from what I can tell. People joking around with them, but nothing personal at all.

After the game we drove around the stadium. I was drunk at this point and holding my shirt up out the window to cars and people walking by. Got many smiles and people rolling their windows down to say welcome. I told them to watch the games and support us this season. Overall a very good experience, good fanbase from what I can see but it may be different when we play them next year. (Manhattan most likely has seen diff. and disagrees with me) :LOLtartar I would highly recommend going next year to the Big House if you can get tickets. The drive sucks but I only filled up once on the way back to Omaha, two times on the way out there. Not bad at all! :bigredn:

wish i would have known, i would have met up with you at 1/2 time. I gotta start checking these forums more often

overall the fan base is very friendly theres always a few hecklers at every stadium.

so how did it feel to be one of the 113,090 to set the record attendance EVER for a college football game? :)

I didn't actually have tickets to the game. We just walked around the stadium and once the game started, we found a bar.