Chase Rome

I've heard this kid is ready to make an immediate impact for the DL, if it's true thats a big step up for a true freshman with Crick and Steinkuhler already in.

The future is bright for young Chase Rome as he's already showing he can compete with the first and second teams in practice. Rome's commitment to the Huskers was fairly surprising as he pulled the trigger in early October over offers from Florida, Iowa, Michigan, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Oklahoma as well as many others.. Unlike most true freshman, Rome already has great size (6'3" 290) which could help propel him into playing time. I'm sure Pelini would prefer to redshirt Rome, but his talent may be too much to set aside for the season.

Chase Rome, DT, Nebraska: With No. 2 overall pick Ndamukong Suh gone to the NFL, the Cornhuskers have Jared Crick back to cause trouble for offenses. Rome could join him. He graduated early from Columbia (Mo.) Rock Bridge High School in time to go through winter conditioning and spring practice. Now, coach Bo Pelini says, "he's showing that he has a possibility of being a factor."

Defensive tackle

Columbia, Missouri

Rock Bridge

Ht:6'3"

Wt:290 lbs

40:4.7 secs

Bench Max:400

Squat Max:535

Vertical:32 inches

GPA:3

ACT:23

Class:2010 (HS - December Grad)

Chase Rome is big enough for TWO threads. :lol:

I'm hoping to see him play. The guy graduated from HS early and had been training with the team for nine months. If he's ready, I like to see him on the field!

His quote, after committing I believe, about enrolling early and going through springball with hopes of playing this fall was classic. It was something like "I am not planning on going up there to sit on my ass", or a lot like that.

Love the kids attitude and hope to see him this fall. However, if it is for only 5 plays or so a game because of established depth on the intereor then redshirt the beast and unlease his fury next year on the Big X+2=12