Did anyone else see...

:rollin

Most Missouri fans quit with that "We're more relevant that you" BS when we beat them last year. They want to talk about the here and now, not 10 years ago, when they beat us 2 times in a row, they're "more" relevant, but after we beat them in their house they stopped for the most part. I guess this guy missed the bus.

that's not fair. the ncaa did not count that game because it was raining.

Pardon me. I forgot we played between the raindrops

no, no, no, do not be like that. it is just that our style of offense is not affected by the rain like theirs is, duh (insert 'insert sarcasm here' icon here).

So wait, you're saying both teams are responsible for natural factors like inclement weather? That doesn't sound fair...

:rollin

Most Missouri fans quit with that "We're more relevant that you" BS when we beat them last year. They want to talk about the here and now, not 10 years ago, when they beat us 2 times in a row, they're "more" relevant, but after we beat them in their house they stopped for the most part. I guess this guy missed the bus.

that's not fair. the ncaa did not count that game because it was raining.

Pardon me. I forgot we played between the raindrops

no, no, no, do not be like that. it is just that our style of offense is not affected by the rain like theirs is, duh (insert 'insert sarcasm here' icon here).

So wait, you're saying both teams are responsible for natural factors like inclement weather? That doesn't sound fair...

it is like how golfers are handicapped. mizzou should be spotted about 21 points and we should have been deducted about 10 points because of our pro style offense and their spread offense if it is raining.

I have to admit I did not read the whole thread, but I think I get the jist of it.

Nebraska leaves, Mizzou cries. Fact is a lot of fans of the big 12 10 schools want to blame Nebraska for breaking up tradition. Fact of the matter is they all would have done the same thing and they are pissed that we are no longer under the texas thumb and they are stuck there

The USNWR rankings are bullsh#t. This year they decided to place far more importance on graduation rates due to the economy, so the rankings changed drastically, but this hurts big public schools in a very unfair way. Wisconsin, for example, is an exceptional academic institution that has been improving and gaining popularity rapidly over the last twenty years. In this year's ranking, it dropped considerably. Same with Ohio State, which has been improving rapidly under the guidance of Gordon Gee. Nebraska is probably even more of an up-and-coming institution as its research strength gains even more recognition with the Big Ten, so there is absolutely no reason why it should fall.

The USNWR rankings are bullsh#t. This year they decided to place far more importance on graduation rates due to the economy, so the rankings changed drastically, but this hurts big public schools in a very unfair way. Wisconsin, for example, is an exceptional academic institution that has been improving and gaining popularity rapidly over the last twenty years. In this year's ranking, it dropped considerably. Same with Ohio State, which has been improving rapidly under the guidance of Gordon Gee. Nebraska is probably even more of an up-and-coming institution as its research strength gains even more recognition with the Big Ten, so there is absolutely no reason why it should fall.

Yeah, I don't even care about that. I went to the University of Nebraska and am doing ok. Let's all be honest and admit that the real question in college football is "can you put the ball in the end zone?" not "did you get an A or a B in history?" ;)

....but thanks for the support!

mizzou suffers from an inferiority complex and it is a constant struggle when everyone from the outside world confirms their very accurate believe that they are in fact inferior. that is not totally fair, mizzou would have been a fine fit for the big 10, but the problem is that they think they would be the best and only fit for the big 10 and any other school is an affront to their very existence. hopefully they will be ok, fortunately NU definitely will be.

I have a friend who is a Missouri graduate. He thinks a couple years down the road Missouri will be accepted to the Big 10. He also thinks Missouri will beat us this year in Lincoln.Then i asked him about the loss to Army in their bowl game then he quit talking about football

[/quote

Seriously, I would like MU in the big ten

Why? I would hope that Nebraska blocks any other Big 12 member from joining the Big 10 since they wanted to do whatever the Longhorns wanted to do. They deserved what they got.

I have a friend who is a Missouri graduate. He thinks a couple years down the road Missouri will be accepted to the Big 10. He also thinks Missouri will beat us this year in Lincoln.Then i asked him about the loss to Army in their bowl game then he quit talking about football

[/quote

Why? I would hope that Nebraska blocks any other Big 12 member from joining the Big 10 since they wanted to do whatever the Longhorns wanted to do. They deserved what they got.

While Missouri is a great college and they do deserve their status as a well respected University, if the Big 10 does take any more Big XII schools, I hope they add either Iowa State or Kansas. Now before I get jumped for this, a significant of Missouri's reputation is built upon their fantastic journalism department (although the medical school is nothing to sneeze at), while Kansas and Iowa State have a bit more of a rounded curriculum that produces a wider range of research opportunities.

That and Kansas (Basketball) and Iowa State (Wrestling) know how to win national championships....

[/quote

While Missouri is a great college and they do deserve their status as a well respected University, if the Big 10 does take any more Big XII schools, I hope they add either Iowa State or Kansas. Now before I get jumped for this, a significant of Missouri's reputation is built upon their fantastic journalism department (although the medical school is nothing to sneeze at), while Kansas and Iowa State have a bit more of a rounded curriculum that produces a wider range of research opportunities.

That and Kansas (Basketball) and Iowa State (Wrestling) know how to win national championships....

Neither of those two is getting invited.

[/quote

Agreed.

Neither Kansas nor Iowa State bring something to the table that overly interested the Big 10.

Iowa State, for example, is poor at almost every sport other than wrestling. Their academics aren't that great and they have little to no following on a national level.

The problem with Kansas is Kansas State, and vice versa. Both of those schools are directly/indirectly tied to one another. A move anywhere that doesn't include both of them is a move that will not happen.

[/quote

Agreed.

Neither Kansas nor Iowa State bring something to the table that overly interested the Big 10.

Iowa State, for example, is poor at almost every sport other than wrestling. Their academics aren't that great and they have little to no following on a national level.

The problem with Kansas is Kansas State, and vice versa. Both of those schools are directly/indirectly tied to one another. A move anywhere that doesn't include both of them is a move that will not happen.

I am an NU graduate and a professor now of 25 years ... I only say that for context in stating something that needs clarification --- Iowa State is a really solid academic research institution -- especially in the sciences. I have no connection there except that I have sent students there for graduate school (among 4 dozen other programs as well). It is true that ISU is not so hot as a sports school but it is quite good academically (as regards their research productivity).

ISU is certainly stronger than MU in the sciences (stronger than NU as well)--- no comparison really. Overall, the three schools are likely pretty comparable with perhaps a slight edge to ISU.