Our Newest Rival

I can see this Iowa / Nebraska thing getting bad. I can see the past years of hate and ( I really dont want to say this) jealousy spewing out of hawkeye nation. For whatever reason, be it our fanbase close to the border, our great success in the past, or our ability to get good recruts in a even less appealing area. The hawkeye hate is spewing forth. I cant tell you how many snarls i get a day from the hawkeye nation when i wear my big red gear. Though there are lots of husker fans in this state also. I predict this will be about the same as colorado or worse. Probally will need to remove most of my husker stuff from my cars ro avoid vandalism. Take my flag down so my stuff doesnt get vandalized. I was wondering if this was going to be a somewhat interesting rivalry but i see it becoming something bad entirely. Either way its a lose for nebraska fans in iowa. We win, our sh#t is in jepordy, if we lose we will never hear the end of it until wrestling season starts.

Oh, fans as bad as CU? At CU many of the problem fans were students. I don't think the students in Iowa City have quite the same mindset as those in Boulder.

Then again, I'm not there in person like you. I just hope it doesn't get as bad as the CU/NU relationship.

I've got a lot of friends that are Iowa fans, a few are ex-players and so far it's been no problem, of course living in Missouri I'm not living in the belly of the beast. I've been to Kinnick once, in 1992 vs. NW went to see four friends play their last home game, was at a tailgate got interviewed by a radio station because my buddy and I had come up from KC for the game, made the comment that I was a Husker fan but was up rooting for the Hawkeyes. Well, that was the same day that ISU beat NU when Tommie Frazier was a Frosh and just about everyone I met at the tailgate followed me around all day, buying me shots, saying I was a p***y Husker if it didn't drink them.

Didn't experience anything bad with their fans, caught a lot of crap (rightfully so losing to ISU) and got so drunk I vowed to never go back to Iowa City, hmm guess now I'll have to change that vow now that NU will be there every other year. chuckleshuffle

I'm really looking forward to this game, I'm sure my friends and I will make it a big party here in KC except those years we can make it to games.

Iowa fans generally have a good reputation, much like Nebraska fans. It's a very natural rivalry too, with the large population centers of each state being so close to each other. It will definitely be interesting to see it develop.

I think every fan base is horribly rude on rivals.com for some reason though, so I wouldn't take the Hawkeyes there to heart.

Iowa fans generally have a good reputation, much like Nebraska fans. It's a very natural rivalry too, with the large population centers of each state being so close to each other. It will definitely be interesting to see it develop.

I think every fan base is horribly rude on rivals.com for some reason though, so I wouldn't take the Hawkeyes there to heart.

But you don't live next door to them. Little brother can be very difficult to deal with sometimes. It seems like many (most) have an inferiority complex.

But you don't live next door to them. Little brother can be very difficult to deal with sometimes. It seems like many (most) have an inferiority complex.

Exactly! Now why should we name little brother as our main #1 Rivalry?! Shouldn't our rival be another giant in the college football world like us?

There can be very few student bodies that were as bad as CU...I highly doubt Iowa will be anything even close to those idiots.

You obviously have not been to my alma mater. Trust me when I say it's bad for visiting teams in Columbus, I have heard the same about Happy Valley. Ann Arbor you don't have to worry about a$$hole$ (as much).