Rush D

n.e.husker

I know we faced a darn good back in Rainey, but i was really dissapointed in our rush D. I also realize we startied to new LBs and had a couple new faces up front and at safety, but still, what up? I thought we would see more of Eric Martin but we say mostly daved and whaley, with some matt may.

Eric hagg did fine against the run, but i tend to think that we might need an extra LB in there against run oriented teams which would also help with our experience issues.

what say you?

Pretty simple, the LB wasn't getting the DT's moved into the right place fast enough, thus causing David or someone else to scramble into the gap. The Tackles really need to get off their blocks a bit better too, but overall I would say they made some damn good plays. I expect our defense to be more like what we saw in the first half- all year.

GBR

:koolaid2:

Hopefully we were just playing vanilla on offense, I saw a few corner blitzes, a few middle blitzes, but not a lot of stunting and end pass rush. I was very upset that our defensive line seemed to be getting pushed back against WESTERN KENTUCKY, but hopefully the defense that we saw in the first two drives will be the defense that shows up with urgency, because I was not happy to see their running game be so productive, especially when Rainey had that long run right up the middle of our defense, in which Gomes saved the day again, dude is a baller.

Hopefully these issues are fixed and we were playing a little conservative, Bo didn't seem too upset on the sideline and of course after every game there are things to work on, I have faith in this staff, let's hope they get it figured out by Kansas State, with some of the holes last night that game worries me a bit now.