Until Washington we won't know a thing

Billyball

This game was fun to watch And a good start. It doesn't really tell us anymore about our team than our Sunbelt Conference "championship" run did last year when some thought Lee was the next Peyton or Drew. When we faced a real defense we sucked. Time will tell but before I get on the T Mart for savior bandwagon, I'll have to see something other than the WKU defense.

Are you kidding me? Won't know a thing?

I know we are clicking on both sides of the ball, something a LOT of other teams cannot say after game one. You say when we faced a good team- we sucked?? Against Virginia Tech?? I would not describe that day as SUCK. We lost on a blown coverage play at the last minute. Our offense put points up on one of the best defensive coaches and units in the country EARLY in the season, with an injured O LINE and a QB with a sore arm?(if his arm was bad at this point IDK)

If you didn't learn anything yesterday, you had better read a book or watch the game a bit closer.

When compared to teams like OU, USC, Florida, and Texas I'd say we looked pretty good. What excites me most is when the pocket breaks down and there's no one open like last year - those same plays where Lee would hesitate and either get sacked or clobbered as he tried to run - Martinez can now take off and make the opposing defense pay. I don't expect him to break off 80 yard gains against teams like Texas but there were so many occasions we could have used his acceleration and speed last year that I can't even count them. Most teams had a sloppy showing yesterday and ours was better than most. I'm sure Bo will get the defense to focus more and play harder. I think we'll definitely be undefeated going into the Texas game.

I know we are clicking on both sides of the ball, something a LOT of other teams cannot say after game one. You say when we faced a good team- we sucked?? Against Virginia Tech?? I would not describe that day as SUCK. We lost on a blown coverage play at the last minute. Our offense put points up on one of the best defensive coaches and units in the country EARLY in the season, with an injured O LINE and a QB with a sore arm?(if his arm was bad at this point IDK)

If you didn't learn anything yesterday, you had better read a book or watch the game a bit closer.

In 2007, we steamrolled a respectable Nevada 52-10 to open the season.

We really won't know a thing until we face a team that's not WKU or Idaho's level.

Of course, Washington's not very good it seems and I fully expect us to handle them. Texas can't get here soon enough, that's gonna be a BATTLE. We'll find out about this year's team on 10/16 the same way we found about '07 against USC. Trouncing patsies is something we do year in, year out.

This game was fun to watch And a good start. It doesn't really tell us anymore about our team than our Sunbelt Conference "championship" run did last year when some thought Lee was the next Peyton or Drew. When we faced a real defense we sucked. Time will tell but before I get on the T Mart for savior bandwagon, I'll have to see something other than the WKU defense.

I would say we would know more about the DEFENSE next week. A week with Bo should be interesting. Overall, yep the Washington game on the road should tell us what we have.

Oh I'm not the expert that you clearly are if you learned a lot yesterday. I learned we could beat handily a team that has now lost 21 games in a row. My guess is that having to travel and play the Huskers in Lincoln that WKU should be compared with playing our number ones against the 3's, no make that the freshmen and walk-ons. My point was that I recalled the same hype last year when Lee torched the Sunbelt opponents. It was obvious that the sunshine pumpers didn't "learn" as much from the Sunbelt games last year as you claim you did watching the drubbing of our paid Patsy yesterday. Now I hope your keen skills of observation are accurate and this offense will be light years better. No "proof" from that game IMO.

" Our offense put points up on one of the best defensive coaches early in the season"...you said while chastising me for not seeing that this offense is better than the one under Lee. Then curiously you defend what can only be described as an inept offense last year? Well we lost the game you seem to think we should have been proud to put points on the board. When you don't win a war or a football game you LOSE.

I hope when we play Wash we see a defense shut down a top QB...that will tell us something. Though I don't think their defense is top notch, they will be better than WKU. From that contest perhaps some of us slow learners will get what you came away from the "amazing" victory over the perennial power WKU. Btw...without looking it up I'll bet most don't know the town in Kentucky this mighty team is from. The game was like a title contender hiring a sparring partner to take a beating. You don't know much until the real fight.