Turner Gill?!

sevenyearhawk

hey buddy these guys are mostly being nice to you so no need to come on here and start flaming. and for the record, i dont think ANY of us are worried about losing to you THIS year...

You shouldn't be and this is the only year you'll see us under Gilly.

I seriously doubt we'll ever meet in the Alamo Bowl.

I wonder if any Big X(II) schools will still schedule you, perhaps Oklahoma. Or maybe Iowa State and Colorado - if only for the fat pay checks.

EVERYONE in the country knows that Dr. Tom is too chickensh!t to play Texas.

Good luck in the Big, uh ... just what in the Hell ARE they going to call it?

Uh, they call it the Big 10, of course it has twelve teams, unlike the Big 12 that will only have 10 or 11 teams.

We're replacing Texas OR Oklahoma on a rotating basis to Penn State, Michigan, and Iowa year-in-year out, with Wisconsin and Ohio State on a 2 year rotating basis! Sorry but from a competitive standpoint, I'm the chicken fan that wants to stay with the Big 12 schedule. The move to the Big 10 is not a step down in competition at all.

The AD resigning though, is not a good sign for Gill, the man he hired...it means his leash is now shorter, but I'll be surprised if he's not given at least 2 years.

You could find me on most other Big X(II) boards ... KUSports is my home one.

Well, Turner Gill cost Lew Perkins his job.

Too bad he was too gutless to hang around and answer any questions about hiring him!

I think a ticket scandal, expensive flights to games and meetings and some weird home exercise equipment thing cost him his respectability, not one game.

Perkins, however, did jump on KU success and raised money for many upgrades that were desperately needed at KU. Patience my good man, Mangino left the cupboard completely bare.

Just to further put things into perspective about the powerhouse basketball KU program...

Since the big12 formed ku football has a winning record against only Iowa State....and have split their series with Missouri and Baylor.

Face it you had one amazing (by KU standards) year under mangino (in the big12).

You had one of your most promising offenses last season and you finished with 5 wins. You can't expect a miracle this year. Turner's first season at Buffalo wasn't spectacular. I'm as shocked by the loss as anyone but you have to keep things in perspective. These kids lost 7 games last year when they were supposed to compete for the big 12 north. The mindset of these kids can't be good right now. It'll take time for them to buy into the system and regain some confidence.

As far as the Husker hating...business as usual.