BCS discussion

cHUSKERis

Boise did look pretty good last night. Too bad they won't be tested again for the rest of the year.

Guess we'll have to wait and see how Va Tech does in the rest of their schedule. The Boise win might not be as impressive if Va Tech goes 7-5.

They play Oregon St in a couple of weeks. That's really their last test of the season

If that Hawaii game was at the Islands instead of on the blue turf...I would have to say to circle that game, but Boise gets both Hawaii, and Fresno at home. They go to Nevada.

Those teams are gunna have to win all their non conference games to help out Boise St. Nevada plays Cal, and Fresno plays Ole Miss (obviously that won't help now)

When Nebraska is good enough to beat Boise State, Nebraskans can whine about this.

And how would you know they're not?

If we can go undefeated, we should get a shot at Boise. Until then, Boise deserves to be ranked ahead of us...I have no problem with that. Boise has been in some big games and has come out on top. We are getting close...like .01 second close! :madash We have to beat Texas this year, no doubt. Our offense can't wake up until the fourth qtr against Mizzou. We need to put other tough opponents down instead of losing (see Va Tech last year). Can't lose to Iowa St. either :facepalm: Yes the AZ whipping and victory over Clemson have been good bowl wins, but we need a Big 12 championship this year! Until we do that, Boise has it on us in recent years so I get the original poster's comments. Boise had everything to lose tonight, but they still won so credit them.

I do believe that the rankings are based on the current season....as in the returning talent and the schedule and games played this year all impact the BCS rankings when they first come out. So to talk about the last 3-4 years of boise football is useless. I was not impressed with their win over VT. VT had 4 returning starters on D playing a team returning almost all of their starters. Play this game 9 more times and VT wins more than half. They won't spot them 17 points while they settle in 9 more times. Had VT played a solid game (not even great) they would've made a nice statement. Let's see how Oregon State turns out.

So now it's the start of the 4th with James Madison leading Virginia Tech 21 to 14. Boise is overrated.

Yup.

Boise St over Hokies, 33-30

JMU over Hokies, 21-16

So clearly JMU is the better team, and should be playing for the MNC this January. I’m just sayin… :)