9/11 Stars and Stripes Collection

I think is pretty cool.

At tomorrow's football game, college football coaches and sideline personnel at Nebraska will honor the men and women that help keep America safe by wearing the Stars and Stripes Collection by adidas. On-field staff will wear the red, white and blue themed apparel and headwear to celebrate, honor and thank those who have served the country. Fans can purchase these special items at HUSKERS.COM and a precentage of all proceed will go towards providing financial assistant to our men and women in uniform.

61017_425980981698_26738651698_5166460_5882992_n.jpg

Not bad. Not my style, but it's decent-looking.

I hope a significant percentage of proceeds goes to the soldiers and their families, and this isn't just some crass exploitation of 9/11 and/or our soldiers.

I agree there. They should donate all of the profits to charities that help service members. They won't, but they should.

I hope a significant percentage of proceeds goes to the soldiers and their families, and this isn't just some crass exploitation of 9/11 and/or our soldiers.

I agree there. They should donate all of the profits to charities that help service members. They won't, but they should.

At tomorrow's football game, college football coaches and sideline personnel at Nebraska will honor the men and women that help keep America safe by wearing the Stars and Stripes Collection by adidas. On-field staff will wear the red, white and blue themed apparel and headwear to celebrate, honor and thank those who h...ave served the country. Fans can purchase these special items at HUSKERS.COM and a precentage of all proceed will go towards providing financial assistant to our men and women in uniform.

At tomorrow's football game, college football coaches and sideline personnel at Nebraska will honor the men and women that help keep America safe by wearing the Stars and Stripes Collection by adidas. On-field staff will wear the red, white and blue themed apparel and headwear to celebrate, honor and thank those who h...ave served the country. Fans can purchase these special items at HUSKERS.COM and a precentage of all proceed will go towards providing financial assistant to our men and women in uniform.

You know we saw that line, right? We're not discussing if they're donating something to charity, but how much. ;)

You know we saw that line, right? We're not discussing if they're donating something to charity, but how much. ;)

:yeah

I did say ALL profits, not just a portion.

No. That's why I posted it again and bolded it. Nobody should expect ALL profits to be donated. That's not how America works. ;)

Meh. All proceeds get donated all the time. What really irks me is when the vast majority of the money made from these things goes to the company and a pittance goes to those actually in need. To me that's exploitative, and I have great disdain for those companies.

What really gets me is that these companies are made to look like saints when they do things like this. Yeah, they're donating money to a good cause but they're really just trying to make an extra buck. Exploitative indeed, knapplc. I'm right there with you.

They aren't required to donate any amount of the profits to any charity. Seems as if people are forgetting that.

You're missing the point. No, they don't have to donate anything. They also don't have to market their hats as a means of donating to the troops. If they really wanted to be generous they could just sell the hats and not tell anyone they're making a donation at all.

You're missing the point. No, they don't have to donate anything. They also don't have to market their hats as a means of donating to the troops. If they really wanted to be generous they could just sell the hats and not tell anyone they're making a donation at all.

Would you not then assume that they were keeping it all for themselves and rip them for that?