The Official Gloating Thread - Week Ending 9/9

IrishAZ

Oh Happy Day!

Yes, I, too, was hoping to see more from Taylor he did today...but damn...never thought I would be a fan of Congdon (Time for a nickname? King Congdon, maybe?).

And are the Blackshirts back or what? 11 sacks? 1 pick for a TD? They do that against Wake and Pitt, I'm a believer again.

Also, is it illegal to give a RB those rubber high-friction sticky gloves? If not, what's Cory Ross's size and where do I send them?

I'll take the win, but man...the offense sounded ugly, the play by play looked ugly...hell, even the box score looked ugly.

I just gotta keep reminding myself...it's JUST the first game...just the first game...JUCO or not, Zack's still new...we won...be happy.

The BIG Gloat:

They don't call it Death Valley for nothin'...See ya TAMU!....HAHAHA

Even BIGGER Gloat...

So, who's NOT a Horned Frog fan for this week? Good Bye OU!...HAHAHAHAHA!

The BIGGEST Gloat...

Eat my shorts, Corso...42-21...Palko spent most of the game on his back...X's and O's seem to mean something in College. Good thing ND didn't have any athletes or the talent to compete with a BCS (HAHAHA) team or they would have hung 60 on the Panthers.

And, sadly enough, the Willingham apologists are already out...20-17 AF over Washington...but poor Ty had a bare cupboard, they say. Guess that whole get off your ass and recruit thing is still a mystery to the guy.

Next week: Wake and Michicken...I can't wait!

GO BIG RED!

GO IRISH!

(Time for a nickname? King Congdon, maybe?).

That's HORRIBLE.

So horrible I'm going to have to start using it at every single opportunity.

I'm going to go play hockey tomorrow and I think I'll even try to slip it in the conversation then.

edit: I've posted waaayyy too much today, I think I'm gona cut myself off at 60...

King Congdon missed an XP.  NO EXCUSS for that, NONE!

You think maybe being his first game, in front of 74,000 fans.. that he may have gotten a bit nervous? It was early, and he hit everything else.. I, for one, will let that slide.

Woops, didn't see StuckinChicago's post. I agree.

King Congdon missed an XP.  NO EXCUSS for that, NONE!

I agree. They should pull his scholarship, boot him off the team, throw him out of school, tar and feather him and run him out of the state on a rail. How dare he not be perfect and live up to our expectations. Another bust from this supposedly great recruiting class.

No kidding. I thought the kid did pretty good. I can't recall, but is he a true frosh or did he redshirt last year?

Regardless, 1 missed PAT, then getting to sit on the next PAT, should be enough penance when you account for 1/2 the scoring.

Besides, kickers are a strange lot anyway...wear their jocks inside-out, put coins in their shoes, eat raw eggs and soak their kicking foot in chicken livers before games, etc...whatever mojo they have that allows them to kick a football 120+ feet through a couple of bars barely 18 feet wide is beyond me. I'm just glad they can.

Love thy kicker...or he might do some voodoo and you suddenly find you don't need your cup anymore.

IRISH!