Man, was I WRONG......

formerfan

...cause I thought that a home game against a lower echelon 1AA team would be a guaranteed win, but its obvious that the staff in Lincoln could screw up a nocturnal emission.  Give it up for Benard. :cheers  He was right, pud is a genius for backing out of the game with Houston

I know you're pissed, afterall, when are you not?

I was actually pretty excited for the season, and I was almost about to buy into billy c's BS, until last night :steam

Last night's game can be summed up in turnovers and very sloppy offensive play. I am really dissapointed in the dropped passes, fumbles (especially Ross). The o-line play was bad. They couldn't open ANYTHING for any back.

Typical of a billy c/norvell coached team.

The defense played alright. I know it's Maine

Exactly, its MAINE...

but we didn't see that kind of penetration last year against WI..

And may not again this year, once they play a team as good as Pitt... :rollin

Ruud played well and stepped up considering Octavien is now out for the season. THat really sucks.

Ruud is pretty good, even if he isnt one of billy c's guys.

Oh and as far as the rest of your post:

dedhoarse

Right back at ya :thumbs

We won.  That is enough for me.

Were you saying that when Solich was beating Kansas and Iowa St???

Yes I was. I also said it when we beat McNeese St., Utah St., Troy St. and all the other crappy teams we've always played and beat.

Going with ISU and KU did you notice they struggled against oppents like what we played last night? Remeber that BCS school Pitt needing OT to beat a 1-AA team last year.

Sigh.

Listen closely, class. There will be a quiz next week.

Just because I question the integrity of our AD and am frustrated at how the team performed offensively last night does not make me a bad fan.

Just because you look at the world with scarlet and cream colored glasses doesn't make you a good fan.

We're both Nebraska fans. Let me have my opinion, and I'll let you have yours. But don't build yourself up to be the world's greatest fan because you think it's great NU struggled to beat a mediocre 1-AA opponent, and I don't.

I hope you are right, and NU is fine. I will be the very first to admit I was wrong. But if I am right, you will go running with your tail between your legs, saying, "Wait 'till next year!" At NU there IS no next year...at least, there didn't used to be.

Again, I HOPE you are right. I love the Huskers as much as anyone on here. Stop characterizing those with a difference of opinion as "bad fans".

yeah luckily pederson smartened up and got rid of houston for our first game like it was going to be. We would be 0-1 easily.  Any d 1 team would of beat us last night.

how many times does it have to be said, the houston game was for SEPT 10 not sept 3 so wake forest replaced houston!

Thats what pederson says if you believe him, I don't. Why was maine scheduled? Why didn't we look into a game before the last second and had to schedule them?

Why wouldn't I believe him he is our AD, I am a loyal fan. So I should take the word of the Houston ad yeah they are real straight shooters. They are the ones in trouble with the ncaa for some violations!

I drank some kool-aid...Pedey isn't the liar!

-University of Houston

-ESPN

-Reliant Stadium

-Dave Maggard

-University of Oregon (they had no problem putting together the same game)

-**** Vermeil

-Al Sanders

-University of Arkansas

-Houston Nutt

-Frank Broyles

-Lincoln Journal Star

Are all liars!!!

I guess all you guys have left to do is just pick up your OHIO flags and you will in a much better place! Instead of seeing the positives you see only what didn't happen and second guessing the man on the field! I guess pedey messsed up when he didn't nominate you as coach! Pedey is doing what dollar bill wouldn't putting money back into the football program. BUT like I said Ohio neeeds another booster!

Just like this...you have no arguement, so you accuse people like me of being bad fans...sheesh. To each his own, I guess...

Go Big Red!

Beat Wake!

All are entitled to make comments. Some want to see every thing positive and some want see things negative. Some try to see it the way it really is. I have been a fan for longer than most of you have been alive. I have always supported the Huskers and I will till the day I die. But in honesty I have seen very few games worse than last nite. Needing an interception to stop a 5-6 division 1aa team very late in the game is a disgrace. I could careless if Oklahoma lost or Texas A&M, or who they played. I do not send thousands of dollars to them. I do not truly feel this is a coaching problem, I still feel it is talent based. If play continues like last nite we will be lucky to match last years wins in my oppinion. Refusing to see where we are is up to you. Accepting the fact that we struggled big time with Maine is hard.

All are entitled to make comments. Some want to see every thing positive and some want see things negative. Some try to see it the way it really is. I have been a fan for longer than most of you have been alive. I have always supported the Huskers and I will till the day I die. But in honesty I have seen very few games worse than last nite. Needing an interception to stop a 5-6 division 1aa team very late in the game is a disgrace. I could careless if Oklahoma lost or Texas A&M, or who they played. I do not send thousands of dollars to them. I do not truly feel this is a coaching problem, I still feel it is talent based. If play continues like last nite we will be lucky to match last years wins in my oppinion. Refusing to see where we are is up to you. Accepting the fact that we struggled big time with Maine is hard.

Well said!

All are entitled to make comments.  Some want to see every thing positive and some want see things negative.  Some try to see it the way it really is.  I have been a fan for longer than most of you have been alive.  I have always supported the Huskers and I will till the day I die.  But in honesty I have seen very few games worse than last nite.  Needing an interception to stop a 5-6 division 1aa team very late in the game is a disgrace.  I could careless if Oklahoma lost or Texas A&M, or who they played.  I do not send thousands of dollars to them.  If play continues like last nite we will be lucky to match last years wins in my oppinion.  Refusing to see where we are is up to you.  Accepting the fact that we struggled big time with Maine is hard.

:yeah I couldnt agree with you more.

I do not truly feel this is a coaching problem,  I still feel it is talent based.

:dis These coaches have a history of this, regardless of where they coach, and how much talent they have. I honestly think that this staff couldnt lead the 04 Patriots to an NCAA NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP (as stupid as it sounds).

yeah luckily pederson smartened up and got rid of houston for our first game like it was going to be. We would be 0-1 easily.  Any d 1 team would of beat us last night.

how many times does it have to be said, the houston game was for SEPT 10 not sept 3 so wake forest replaced houston!

Thats what pederson says if you believe him, I don't. Why was maine scheduled? Why didn't we look into a game before the last second and had to schedule them?

Why wouldn't I believe him he is our AD, I am a loyal fan. So I should take the word of the Houston ad yeah they are real straight shooters. They are the ones in trouble with the ncaa for some violations!

I drank some kool-aid...Pedey isn't the liar!

-University of Houston

-ESPN

-Reliant Stadium

-Dave Maggard

-University of Oregon (they had no problem putting together the same game)

-**** Vermeil

-Al Sanders

-University of Arkansas

-Houston Nutt

-Frank Broyles

-Lincoln Journal Star

Are all liars!!!

I guess all you guys have left to do is just pick up your OHIO flags and you will in a much better place! Instead of seeing the positives you see only what didn't happen and second guessing the man on the field! I guess pedey messsed up when he didn't nominate you as coach! Pedey is doing what dollar bill wouldn't putting money back into the football program. BUT like I said Ohio neeeds another booster!

Just like this...you have no arguement, so you accuse people like me of being bad fans...sheesh. To each his own, I guess...

Go Big Red!

Beat Wake!

Man there is no use arg. with you, you see no positive hence the comment we will only win 3 games! I see the positive and the negative. The D played lights out, end of story we are lean at the dback spot safety we better not lose one guy to a injury oline, this is werre we need to work on. Anyone that thinks seppo is good at tackle must not watch him much he is slow side to side he is more of a off guard. He has really good pushing powerr and up field speed more for a running team. Anyone wonder why when the 2 deep came out slaushen a freshman and picou a guy that had very limited practice where the two deep guy! We need more depth and better depth . Wide recievers it hurt us taht we lost the pair from texas and spain with brooks hurt and the 2 seniors hurt we didn't have much choice but to go to hardy and nunn. Running backs I think ross is a shifty guy he is not very good up the middle didn't really understand why we ran him up the gut on the 3 and short why codey glenn was not in! You see I just don't dwell on the negative I look at all aspects of the team. at least when taylor goes back in the pocket I am not thinking ohh crap! BUT GO BIG RED!

thread.gifworstthread.gif

I thought you were leaving and never coming back, cause we've havent missed you.

Oh well, just another statement that you made that had been proven false.

MOVING ON.............

I am sorry you don't understand english. If you understood english, you would know that's not what i said. I said i was taking a break from posting for a couple of weeks but like your typical BS, you tend to think what you want if it makes you feel better. I feel sorry for you that you have to put the team and the coaches down just so you can feel better about yourself.

ok, my last comments along this thread, everyone was so high on the O line and their ability to be good this year, play better, have better back ups, etc.....my final point, these guys should have been at LEAST as good as the Maine players and by god you cannot convince me they were ready to play.....they WERE NOT COACHED ready to play.......i am tired of the excuse we have no athletes, damnit, underachieving kids get up every week for a big college game and outplay better athletes and this was pitiful from the O line perspective......the coaches have got to take the heat for this lame-ass effort. Aagin, not saying they won't improve or play better, but Cally and Co. DID NOT HAVE THEM READY AND THAT IS THE FACTS, LIKE IT OR NOT!!!

hunter