Where the Huskers need to improve

CoachKevin

The most important areas I see the Huskers needing to improve.

1) O-Line - They were terrible in the run game last night. Pass Blocking could use improvement as well.

2) Recievers - They need to make the EZ catches. To be a Contender in the Big 12 they will need to make the hard ones.

3) Protect the Football - Ross and Nun both had bad Fumbles last night. Ross and the other backs will get the Yards when the O-Lin improves. For now they need to protect the Ball.

4) Play Calling in the Red Zone - 1 Yard line you need to punch it in.

I completely agree with you coachKevin... i didnt watch it cause i am in PA, but i did listen to it... sounded like the o-line got no push, against a team they should maul in the drenches. the play calling from the goal line area was suspect... i know callahan wanted to get taylor his first pass td of the year but let's be realistic... puch that ball in... anyone could have done it down there... 3 passes in a row??? the fumbles costed pretty much all of the talented freshman that are comin in a chance at playin in the game... if they didnt fumble and lose all of their fumbles the margin would have been much greater, but the turnovers let the black bears gain some confidence and keep it close.

but in the end its still a victory... hopefully much more improvement for next weeks game against the deamon deacons

THANK YOU BLACKSHIRTS, JORDAN CONDGON!

The most important areas I see the Huskers needing to improve.

1) O-Line - They were terrible in the run game last night. Pass Blocking could use improvement as well.

2) Recievers - They need to make the EZ catches. To be a Contender in the Big 12 they will need to make the hard ones.

3) Protect the Football - Ross and Nun both had bad Fumbles last night. Ross and the other backs will get the Yards when the O-Lin improves. For now they need to protect the Ball.

4) Play Calling in the Red Zone - 1 Yard line you need to punch it in.

our qb needs to improve vastly. I still think our defense has a long long ways to go. We had to blitz to get pressure. our dbs were getting burned. our linebackers looked the best.

Our kicking game is not good at all. he missed an extra point, he's bad at kick offs and he looked very shaky on his field goal kicks and can't kick it past about 40 yards on field goals.

Our kicking game is not good at all.  he missed an extra point, he's bad at kick offs and he looked very shaky on his field goal kicks and can't kick it past about 40 yards on field goals.

Gimme a break. The kid scored most of the friggin points for the offense last night and you are going to hang him for missing a PAT? Talk about lame.

Oh and as far as your "his kicks aren't very long". If you have watched ANY film on this kid you know he kicks it as hard as it needs to be kicked. That how he controls the ball. We're talking field goals and PAT's here. It's not all about how far you can PASS the uprights, it's about getting the ball through.

He had 1, maybe 2 kickoffs that could have been longer. Looking at the play of the rest of the team, he did great.

As far as where the team needs to improve. Everywhere.

last nights Game Was bad i will admit, But the Main thing is we got the W in the win column, Maine Is no push over of a football U gotta give them A Little tiny bit of respect,And credit where it is due. for a small school like that giveing Nebraska A run for there money and Beating Mississippi State last year. Anyways On witht the topic, I think The wakeforest game Will be a little bit of the same Hopefully better, But it is like the Radio annoucers said during the game This Is A young team they dont know what each other is capable of right now,You know the first game gitters palyiong infront of a croud of nearly 80k peoepl would be hard on anyone that is not used to it. A possitive thing I saw last night is It seemd as if Our defense Was more fired up then last last year so that is a good thing, And MAN CAN Frantz HArdy Move or what??? He gets a passs from Taylor and is gone before the annoucers could Start annocuing he had the football.

Our defensive play was consistant with that of a national power, so I am not going to say that they "have" to improve there. Our O line made everyone else on the field look bad, so I am going to give Ross and Taylor a little slack. There were no holes, and no running game to keep the defense honest or make the play action work. Both still need to improve, but improvement on the line will do wonders for them, and maybe all of the doubter pysche as well. Wideouts and tight ends really need to improve. We need someone other than Hardy to step up and make some catches. Too many dropped balls. Special Teams were very solid overall and we definately won in that category, so I am happy with their performance.