Give 'em their due...

Tailbone

A Div-AA fan is trying to school a team from Div-A? Excuse me for a few minutes while i laugh. Sorry but i find it hard to believe montana and its fans could be louder then a highschool team in texas. Is it possible that 23,000 fans can be louder then 78K fans? Not in this world we occupy. Is it possible for 78K fans to outdo 100K fans? Yes because i have bene to games at Nebraska and the rosebowl (100K capacity) and our loud noise still beat them. If you guys had 50K, then i would say maybe, but 23K? I wasn't born yesterday

I was at the game in the North endzone, and I think I was the only one who cared about the football game. Throughout the game, people all around me were on their cell phones waving to other people... that was the only time they stood up... .to prove to their friends that they were at the game. I heard more yawns than yells.

So much for the "Won't be intimidated, huh? wait till he hears 80,000 husker fans" comments. It appears he still hasn't heard 80,000 screaming huskers.

"You guys are too kind. This is a 1AA team we are playing...remember the University of the Pacific? laugh.gif

Nebraska did better against themselves in the Red/White game than your scores reflect they can do against Maine...shame, shame.

Here's a bit of reality

Nebraska 84

Maine 3

Rushing- 320

Passing- 535"

This is a sentiment voiced by more than a few Husker fans, and undoubtedly shared by many more.

Maine flew cross country to play in your house.

It was their first game too.

They played you straight-up and gave you a good game.

Husker fans have shown that they can be a pretty classy bunch......Instead of excuses, why not just give them their due.

Maine Is no push over of a football U gotta give them A Little tiny bit of respect,And credit where it is due. for a small school like that giveing Nebraska A run for there money and Beating Mississippi State last year.

Thanks, Shadow.

A young linebacker for Maine made a comment that fired alot of people up prior to the game. He stated it would not be mind blowing to play infront of Nebraska fans. I think he proved his point last nite. Maine came to play and did a tremendous job. I love college football and they showed what is so special about college football. You play the game, there were no excuses, no sniveling about the noise. They came in and smacked us in the mouth and said give us your best shot. We won this game, but trust me Maine won also. I admire their confidence, determination and never say die. Great job Black Bears, hell of a job.

Nameless, You say that the Huskers didn't have enough tape?!?!?!

According to this article you don't need tape, you see the Maine defense everyday in practice!!

Scouting report: This won’t be as demented a report as what you’d probably get from Maine alum and horror author Stephen King, but James Madison coach Mickey Matthews has a few nonfiction tales about the Black Bears.

Last year, Matthews’ club rallied from a 20-10 deficit in the fourth quarter to win 24-20 at Maine, scoring the game-winner with 48 seconds to play.

Here’s what Matthews, a part-time coach at Kansas State in 1978-79, thinks Husker fans ought to know about the Black Bears:

.......They can run. Waller’s a physically-impressive guy and the other guy (Arel Gordon) can run fast. He can play in the Big 12.

“(Defensively) they played bad the last half of the season, and I’m really not for sure why. It was almost like it was two defenses. They got all over Mississippi State and they had us. ... They do (gamble). They actually run the same defense that Nebraska does — exactly the same same scheme.

“They’re good enough to make it interesting for a while. And if Nebraska goes asleep at the wheel, it’ll be closer than they want. But he’s not going in with as good a team as he had going into Starkville, (Miss.)”

--------------------

rawhide Posted: Sep 1 2005, 05:41 PM

That is a pretty good article except for one missing piece of the puzzle. We have seen tapes on Maine. They have watched tapes of NU last year. The difference Maine may show NU will be minimal but the Huskers should have a dramatic new look with a proficient passer, depth at RB, WR. NU D will have depth on the line and LB positions. Maine may have to watch a 95 tape to see this D Yeah Baby. IMO

I don't really think you were unfairly disadvantaged.....do you?

Maine runs the same defense we run? That's a shocker considering they only blitzed twice and on both accounts they caused interceptions. How many times did we blitz last night? We blitzed all night.

Another difference between Maine's defense and our defense was that we did not put 8 and 9 guys in the box, they did and forced us to pass. I don't have a problem with that because it opened up Frantz Hardy (hence the high rec yards output) and moved us down the field. NU ran man to man coverage, Maine ran some mix of man to man and some zone mixed in to it.

Obviously the guy who commented on our defense did not look hard enough to make such an idiotic statement.

Now as far as the quote you referenced saying NU has seen tapes on Maine, that is not an accurate statement. On the Bill Callahan show, he cleqarly said and i quote "We have film on them when they played Mississippi St"

Anyone who has played football knows that your offense/defense changes from week to week. What you did against 1 team doesn't mean you are going to do the same against another team similiar to the first team you played.

... Now as far as the quote you referenced saying NU has seen tapes on Maine, that is not an accurate statement. On the Bill Callahan show, he cleqarly said and i quote "We have film on them when they played Mississippi St"...

Now you're saying you didn't have the NCAA regulated game film exchange with Maine? :blink: What do you want? They were on TV plenty last year and tape was available if Nebraska wanted it. I have six games alone on tape just by asking for it. I don't have any from Nebraska because I didn't ask... get the picture? :o